• filter:

Citi Prestige: 75k bonus ($7.5k in 3 months) ($250 Travel Credit * 2) $450 AF YMMV

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://citicards.citi.com/usc/LPACA/citi/cards/prestige/external_LTO/index.html?BT_TX=1&ProspectID=7B1B9BD276D74B1FB6F2F37FE0D2DB9C 

75k Points are not available if you have had a ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige card opened or closed in the past 24 months.

Annual Fee: $450 (not waived)

Travel Credit: $250/yr (can get it twice before cancelling/downgrading)

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
this is too much of a min spend

rated:
They force-converted one of my cards to the useless thankyou preferred and then closed it on me so I'm ineligible. Now i just use citi for large price rewind price match refunds.

rated:
I would advise to avoid applying if you have opened or closed any thankyou account in the last 24 months. I did not open or close any ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige card in the last 24 months. But I closed a citi forward a few months back, and was denied the bonus, their reasoning being because it was a thankyou card. I called several times, talked to several different CSRs, and still denied.

rated:
papamicd said:   I would advise to avoid applying if you have opened or closed any thankyou account in the last 24 months. I did not open or close any ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige card in the last 24 months. But I closed a citi forward a few months back, and was denied the bonus, their reasoning being because it was a thankyou card. I called several times, talked to several different CSRs, and still denied.
 A Citi Forward card was NOT listed as a bonus exclusion. So you should complain to CFPB.

rated:
yamute said:   
papamicd said:   I would advise to avoid applying if you have opened or closed any thankyou account in the last 24 months. I did not open or close any ThankYou Preferred, ThankYou Premier or Citi Prestige card in the last 24 months. But I closed a citi forward a few months back, and was denied the bonus, their reasoning being because it was a thankyou card. I called several times, talked to several different CSRs, and still denied.
 A Citi Forward card was NOT listed as a bonus exclusion. So you should complain to CFPB.

Thank you for the suggestion, this will be my next action, but do not think it will help much. I was contemplating also suing in small claims court, but do not think it is worth the hassle.

rated:
  Interesting. They've really cracked down on deposit account bonuses and denied bonuses (in many cases without legitimate grounds), looks like the mindset is moving to credit cards now as well. If it's any consolation, many people have had success with a CFPB complaint and gotten the "you are not eligible, but we'll give you the points because you're a valued customer" BS. But they did get the points.

Also, the wording of the terms are very confusing (so much so that I thought OP had misquoted). The way it's written, you're still eligible for the bonus if you have a ThankYou card that was opened at least 24 months ago and it's still open. Not sure you'll get the points if that's your position, but that's one way to interpret the fine print.

rated:
I have this card and is a good deal especially if you can get the 4th night reimbursed to yourself for business trips or travel a lot (you have to book through their concierge). That said, they did just nerf the card a bit last week so if you google it you may see the following benefits which are no longer active:

4th night free is now the average of your stay and doesn't include taxes
no more admiral club access (still have priority pass)
no more free golf
redemption value for airline miles was lowered

rated:
They closed all my TY cards late last year (without any warning) so I am not eligible for this bonus. They did send me a targeted offer for the TY premier card with 40k bonus. There is no mention of the 24 month exclusion. Any idea if I would get the bonus?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017