• filter:

BancWest Investment Services warning

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
A warning to others hoping to get an account opening bonus from BancWest Investment Services:

When you fill out the online application, be sure to manually enter the Promo Code. If this is not done, BW will not honor the promotion. I unfortunately made this mistake, and after 4 weeks of run around was finally told that the COO's office had stopped making exceptions to above policy.

We all get burned by fine print once in a while, but if this post can help others, it has been worthwhile typing

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Oh no! Bank of the West strikes again!

To be fair, this sounds like it was your fault, which you do admit. Is this for the 2.5k/1m bonus? Surprised they didn't just give it to you.

rated:
Yes, I was surprised as well. They claimed to have made exceptions for a while, but the funds earmarked for that had run out. (I was far from the only one).

My mistake, of course. Time to move on, and plenty of better alternatives listed at https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1252069

rated:
This is the way they have conducted business for many, many years. They will use any lame excuse to get out of paying a signup bonus.

rated:
Also. even if they fail to give you the promised signup bonus, they will charge you an early account closure fee if you try to leave them!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017