• filter:

Old Comcast bill in collections removed from credit reports but.....

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I posted here in January about a collection action of $202 from Comcast opened Oct. 2016 that Stellar Recovery posted to my Transunion and Equifax credit reports lowering them to 785. I see today that collection has been removed from both of my reports and my scores are now in the 820's. I didn't do anything to cause this. But.......today a get a letter from some ERC collection agency saying they are now collecting that amount. I still don't agree that I owe this amount but in order to keep the reports clean, should I contact Comcast and work something out? Will that prevent negative info showing on my reports?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Did Comcast buy a car part from you, not pick it up, and are now collecting on a Paypal dispute?

rated:
Either fix the issue with Comcast, or assume it'll be perpetually in collections.
Fortunately, only the collector it is currently assigned to can report it.
You can try to dispute it off your reports, and theoretically it won't come back with a new collector (yeah, right).

rated:
So the only reason it came off my reports was because it was given to a new collector?

rated:
atikovi said:   So the only reason it came off my reports was because it was given to a new collector?

Yes.
More precisely, because it was no longer with the collector that had been reporting it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017