• filter:

staples rebate prepaid cards "overdrawn"

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
MyStaplesrebate prepaid card has a $28 neg. balance (BB.com charge )

How is that possible, shouldn't it be declined? Will I be billed?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I have never had a prepaid credit card company come back to me looking for funds when I ran the card negative (had happened a few times with partial payments and tips). However, I have never been $28 negative. Maybe $2-$5 negative.

rated:
I heard Guantanamo is nice this time of the year.

rated:
I have had this happen on another brand's VISA rebate card. I had accidently gone over at a gas station.
I got a nasty, threatening letter about a month later, saying that the terms of the rebate card say that I am responsible if I spend over the card value.
I refunded the card since I really had made the too large purchase.

rated:
Hats odd, usually the other way around where they "reserve" an extra $10-20% for tips and such, making these cards next to worthless for restaurants. Nowadays I just try to burn them all up in one purchase at places that do split payments.

I wish they would just issue checks instead of these ridiculous cards, but apparently enough people lose them and/or forget they have a balance and toss them that the companies prefer this funny money.

rated:
sloppy1 said:   I have had this happen on another brand's VISA rebate card. I had accidently gone over at a gas station.
I got a nasty, threatening letter about a month later, saying that the terms of the rebate card say that I am responsible if I spend over the card value.
I refunded the card since I really had made the too large purchase.

hmm gas stations authorize $75... how much over were you?

Can I dispute the charge and say it should have been declined??

rated:
I think Metabank has been having some issues with the Staples cards. I have a card that has mysteriously dropped to a $0 balance, but nothing in the transaction history and too soon for fees to apply. It's a whole 99 that is missing so I'm not losing sleep, but this shouldn't happen.

rated:
I usually just unload them immediately to either tolls or Kiva for that reason.

rated:
calwatch said:   I usually just unload them immediately to either tolls or Kiva for that reason.
OR buy your favorite supermarket's gift cards. Stop and Shop does not charge a fee to use a debit/credit card for the purchase.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017