• filter:

Citibank Messaging no longer allows replies or new messages

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I have been trying for several days to reply to a messgae citi sent me.  when i try nothing happens, it dosent even give an error.  Then tried to send them a a new message.  A drop down for topic and sub topice come up but then no place to put a new messsage.  A chat message option keeps coming up but when i select the message says not available.  I refuse to talk to them on the phone as i have been lied to so many times due to either incompetence or blatant lies. i wasnt everything in writing.

Update:  it was fixed can now send reply.  Yes they are usually useless but it provides me written documentaion and shows incompetence which is valid in court/arbitration

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I responded to them on a recent message on Thursday (7/27).

I'm impressed that you've ever been able to get any help through Citibank's online messaging system! I assumed that they were worthless to everyone, but maybe it is just me.

They only tell me one thing - "You'll have to call into customer service... Is there anything else we can help you with?"

rated:
No problem with Win7/IE11.

rated:
No problems with the actual messaging, except for the same problem as earlier poster that they always refer me to call CSR or have clearly cut and pasted answers from a manual that don't even answer my question but have one or two keywords that are the same as my message. Which makes me feel like messaging is for extremely mundane things, like people who can't figure out how to change their address, etc.

rated:
I've gotten lots of help from Citi's messaging system. Just keep posting the same question over and over until they get it. Also useful for getting account close dates in writing/screenshots if they try to deny bonuses in the future.

rated:
When I send a message thru their messaging system, I usually get a "canned" response. Citi is a trip!

But I love the 2% cash bonus and making lots of $$ on the price rewind product. Extended warranty claims pretty easy to file, too. They extend up to an addit 2 yrs on the extended warranty. Pretty good cardholder benefits overall. Every time I call I someone from overseas I can not understand.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017