• filter:

Discover Opens Activation Fourth Quarter 2017 5% Category - Amazon and Target.

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Discover Opens Activate Fourth Quarter 2017 5% Category - Amazon and Target 

Earn from October first through December 31, on up to $1,500 in purchases.
Actuvate Discover fourth quarter 5% cashback - Amazon and Target

Member Summary
Program Details
*For Discover it® and Discover® More® cardmembers only: Activate to earn 5% Cashback Bonus at Amazon.com and Target from 10/1/17 (or the date on which you activate 5%, whichever is later) through 12/31/17, on up to $1,500 in purchases. Amazon.com purchases include those made through the Amazon.com checkout, including digital downloads, Amazon.com gift cards, Amazon Fresh orders, Amazon Local Deals, Amazon Prime subscriptions and items sold by third party merchants through Amazon.com's marketplace. Target purchases include any purchase made online or in-store at Target and SuperTarget. Individual merchants and stand-alone stores within physical Target locations may not be eligible in this category. Purchases made using third-party payment accounts, tap-and-pay, mobile or wireless card readers, virtual wallets or similar technology may not be eligible. Rewards are added to your Cashback Bonus account within two billing periods. See Cashback Bonus Program Terms and Conditions for more information about your rewards.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Boo Discover

Thx OP

rated:
Thanks OP. Target won't help me, as I have a RedCard that already gives 5%, but Amazon is a frequent shipper to our home over the holidays...

rated:
If Target does their annual 10% off gift card promotion, this will stack nicely with that.

rated:
Just about out of my Amazon gift card so timing is right to reload the balance. Too bad my first year is up with Discover to receive double rewards. That 10% was nice!

rated:
Corndogg said:   Just about out of my Amazon gift card so timing is right to reload the balance. Too bad my first year is up with Discover to receive double rewards. That 10% was nice!
  Overpaying income tax for refund is 10% for minimum legwork.  Really it can be more.... About 17% total discount here because I also got 5UR/$ buying the prepaids that I overpaid with.

rated:
Ehh.... blah. Unexciting. Target's Red Card already gives 5% off at Target. Amazon's Prime Store Card gives 5% off at Amazon. I have both. (And any regular Target or Amazon shopper should have ones as well.)

rated:
Listed merchants are in no way sponsoring or affiliated with this program.

I am fascinated that Discover added Target. I am not sure why. I admit to missing department stores because I think that anytime there are unique categories, it is interesting.

Rasheed

rated:
rasheedb said:   
Listed merchants are in no way sponsoring or affiliated with this program.

I am fascinated that Discover added Target. I am not sure why. I admit to missing department stores because I think that anytime there are unique categories, it is interesting.

Rasheed

I always assumed that Discover started picking these individual stores to push some DISC processing volume their way. Either because they need to make sure they keep their agreements in place, or just to show the stores that Discover cards are still  being used. 

rated:
uozzim said:   If Target does their annual 10% off gift card promotion, this will stack nicely with that.
  Nice! Forgot about that!

rated:
Bend3r said:   Corndogg said:   Just about out of my Amazon gift card so timing is right to reload the balance. Too bad my first year is up with Discover to receive double rewards. That 10% was nice!
  Overpaying income tax for refund is 10% for minimum legwork.  Really it can be more.... About 17% total discount here because I also got 5UR/$ buying the prepaids that I overpaid with.

How are you getting 10%? Even with a 10% cash back card like RBS or Citizen's back in the day, the fees for buying the preaid gift card and fees to pay the taxes take any gain below 10%.

Edit: You must be talking about the TurboTax deal for filing with TurboTax and getting refund in Amazon gift cards.

rated:
So, somewhat random question, but I hold several CC's and I make Discover my main one because of the CB. I also have AMEX Blue, and Chase Freedom. Can anyone walk me through their justification for using one over the other? I always think about it almost every month. We pay almost everything with CCs and pay off the balances, so interest rate and late fees are not an issue. Its more so about the rewards/cash back I guess. For years we used the AMEX and amassed a bunch of points there, but then switched to Discover because of the CB, which I typically use for partner GC's to get an extra amount. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

rated:
GTPaPi said:   So, somewhat random question, but I hold several CC's and I make Discover my main one because of the CB. I also have AMEX Blue, and Chase  Freedom. Can anyone walk me through their justification for using one over the other? I always think about it almost every month. We pay almost everything with CCs and pay off the balances, so interest rate and late fees are not an issue. Its more so about the rewards/cash back I guess. For years we used the AMEX and amassed a bunch of points there, but then switched to Discover because of the CB, which I typically use for partner GC's to get an extra amount. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

In general, whichever gives the best cashback for each purchase. Most of us keep multiple cards in our wallet, I have mine labeled with which categories to use it on.

Some cards give better benefits for certain types of purchases, which may also affect the decision. For example, foreign transaction fees when traveling, extended warranty when purchasing durable items, price protection when a price drop is anticipated, or primary collision coverage when renting a car.

rated:
byex0039 said:   
Bend3r said:   
Corndogg said:   Just about out of my Amazon gift card so timing is right to reload the balance. Too bad my first year is up with Discover to receive double rewards. That 10% was nice!

How are you getting 10%? Even with a 10% cash back card like RBS or Citizen's back in the day, the fees for buying the preaid gift card and fees to pay the taxes take any gain below 10%.

Edit: You must be talking about the TurboTax deal for filing with TurboTax and getting refund in Amazon gift cards.

No, they are referencing the attached deal.

rated:
GTPaPi said:   So, somewhat random question, but I hold several CC's and I make Discover my main one because of the CB. I also have AMEX Blue, and Chase  Freedom. Can anyone walk me through their justification for using one over the other? I always think about it almost every month. We pay almost everything with CCs and pay off the balances, so interest rate and late fees are not an issue. Its more so about the rewards/cash back I guess. For years we used the AMEX and amassed a bunch of points there, but then switched to Discover because of the CB, which I typically use for partner GC's to get an extra amount. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

I find a lot of times that the Chase Freedom and Discover give the same cash back. Discover is more likely to offer gift cards at a discount. I buy a good amount of stuff at Bed Bath and Beyond for example. The gift cards are 20% off for there. That stretches my cash back a lot further!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017