• filter:

Auto loan sites

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
guys - which are the best sites to shop around for a new car loan? Planning on buying a 2018 model and not getting good rate from the dealer. Hoping I can score a good interest rate under 1% for 5 or even 7 year if possible

Thx

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Anybody?

rated:
If you are looking for 1% or under, your only option is to go with the auto manufacturer financing specials - they typically offer 0% or $x,000 cash back. I would always take the cashback and get financed from elsewhere but depending on how long you want to keep the car, you will need to figure out what the better option is for you. The best you are going to do outside of auto manufacturer financing is around 1.99%.

rated:
And the best rates are typically reserved for 3 or 4 years. You're not going to get the best rate for a 5 or 7 year loan.
BTW - if you need a 7 year loan (and probably even a 5 year loan) to pay for a car, you can't afford it.

rated:
In a very cursory search, best non-dealer rate I see is Penfed, 1.49%

rated:
fw9999 said:   In a very cursory search, best non-dealer rate I see is Penfed, 1.49%
  That's for a 36 month loan. 3.24% and 3.84% for 72 and 84 months, respectively.

rated:
ok, will go for 36 months then. Manufacturer finance rates are far higher than 1.49% since it's a brand new car

rated:
Unify has 0.74% 2 yr / 1.74% 4 yr / 1.99% 5 yr
DCU has 2.29% 65 month

rated:
Auto loans are funny. Can you really not afford to pay cash? Lol so poor.

rated:
I used Lightsteam.
$50k deposited into my account in 3 days, 2.19% or 2.49% (i forget), have never asked to see my title.

rated:
Penfed is 1.49

rated:
Ok, one more question. Does anybody know a lender that allows payments using a credit card and doesn't run it as a cash advance?

Thx

rated:
Chrysler used to, but don't anymore.

rated:
You could try running the payment through a service like Plastiq, but you'd be looking at ~2.5% service fee. 

rated:
OP: Not knowing your finances but if you need to take a loan for 72 months, and also use a CC for paying the loan, please dont buy the car.

rated:
why does everybody simply come to a conclusion here that if you are trying to stretch your credit, you have affordability issues. Well, it's possible but for me, I'm trying to stretch this out by besting the interest rate, leveraging cheap money to invest my assets in higher-yielding instruments and using points on credit card spend to continue travel cheaply. if a 72 month loan furthers this goal vs a 60 month goal, that's what I'll aim for

rated:
Lightstream has good rates and ratematches+.
DeltaCommunityCU has better rates if eligible.

rated:
dk240t said:   Lightstream has good rates and ratematches+.
DeltaCommunityCU has better rates if eligible.

Why are you guys still responding to this guy? He obviously is looking for an avenue to ms and not really looking for an auto loan. So naive.

rated:
I see no proof of that.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017