• filter:

Social Security Medicare premium payment with a credit card question

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Social Security Medicare premium payments can be made with a credit card but not online. They send a bill with a section for Credit Card information to fill and mail for each payment (CC number & Expiration date). I am wondering if it is safe to mail them this information with each bill (2% cash back credit card)? By the way, the only option for their online payment is bank bill payment.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I've been paying my Medicare quarterly premium by credit card, mailing it in, for several years now. Never a problem.

rated:
I did that last month and someone stole my credit card number and immediately charged over $7000 in Apple products!
The even bigger danger is that the medicare bill has my social security number, name and address too!
Either some one at post office or at medicare office is doing this!

rated:
sloppy1 said:   I did that last month and someone stole my credit card number and immediately charged over $7000 in Apple products!
The even bigger danger is that the medicare bill has my social security number, name and address too!
Either some one at post office or at medicare office is doing this!

There are a lot of ways and places your credit card numbers can be stolen.

Unless you have never used thus card anywhere else ever, there is no particular reason to think medicare was where it was stolen. In fact it could be stolen direct from the card issuer. Why would a Medicare or post office worker be more likely to steal a credit card number than a bank employee?

rated:
I did that for five years. Payments were billed quarterly. A couple of times, they did not enter the CC number or CC expiration date correctly and I did not get a notice of non-payment which could have cost me my insurance. Keep an eye on it to insure the CC payment processes correctly.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017