• filter:

Navy Federal CU 5-Month Certificate 3.00% APY ($10k max)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Noticed this when I logged in today:

Special 5-Month Certificate 3.00% APY 

Open our 5-Month Certificate with just $50, make deposits anytime up to a $10,000 maximum balance and get guaranteed returns.*

Hurry—this is a limited-time offer, so take advantage while you can.

To open or renew, visit navyfederal.org, stop by a branch or call 1-888-842-6328.

*This offer, including the stated Annual Percentage Yield (APY), is effective July 31, 2017. Navy Federal reserves the right to end or modify this offer at any time. Limit one Special 5-Month Certificate per member. This certificate has a $50 minimum and $10,000 maximum balance. Share Certificate only. Not available for IRAs or ESAs. Additional deposits are allowed at any time, subject to the maximum balance. Penalty applies for early withdrawal from certificate.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Better to include "10k max" in title.
ETA: Any "backdoor" ways (other than being associated with the military or having a family member with membership) to get membership?

rated:
CC funding?

rated:
fwuser12 said:   Better to include "10k max" in title.

Title updated.

rated:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/682884?showmessage=19932944 

Posted 7-31-17 on CD thread.  Also in the CD discussion thread.

rated:
All that hassle for $150?

rated:
Transen12 said:   All that hassle for $150?

Not much hassle. About 30-seconds of my time to open a CD. I guess if you're not a member, unlikely to be worth opening up account.

Thanks OP, I don't login more than once a month unless I'm checking something.

rated:
jarfykk said:   
Transen12 said:   All that hassle for $150?

Not much hassle. About 30-seconds of my time to open a CD. I guess if you're not a member, unlikely to be worth opening up account.

Thanks OP, I don't login more than once a month unless I'm checking something.

allow CC funding?

rated:
I did this about a week ago, only catch is you have to fund internally so if you're like me and only use NFCU for their CD rates, you have to do a push from your bank to your NFCU checking and then fund from NFCU.

I still got a bunch of the 2.5% 30 month CDs from back before the fed raised rates about 3 times (looks less good now, but 2.5% still pretty solid).

rated:
You can fund directly from an external account to open if you do it over the phone. I did.

rated:
I got clear "No" today when I asked by phone about whether any level of CC funding for this CD was allowed.  Did anyone else get a different answer? 

rated:
fw9999 said:   I got clear "No" today when I asked by phone about whether any level of CC funding for this CD was allowed.  Did anyone else get a different answer? 
  If you are joining NFCU as a new member, for your first deposit you can fund a small amount ( $250 or so) with a credit card. That's the only exception they make.

rated:
Good to know, Argyl.  That explains why I (as an existing, NOT a new Navy CU member), was told that I could not fund this CD via Credit Card.  Looks like I will just push funds to my existing Navy CU checking account, then create the CD when those funds arrive.

rated:
fw9999 said:   Good to know, Argyl.  That explains why I (as an existing, NOT a new Navy CU member), was told that I could not fund this CD via Credit Card.  Looks like I will just push funds to my existing Navy CU checking account, then create the CD when those funds arrive.
  I opened it over the phone.  NFCU drew from my outside account and opened the CD with no further effort from me. They will pay you interest from the day you call even if the funds take a day or two to get there.  It's less work than going online into multiple accounts several times.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017