• filter:

Points brokers

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
How do they normally pay when you sell points?
When they want to buy with Paypal and won't pay any other way, does that mean that if the card issuer catches on and seizes the sold points, they'll dispute the Paypal charge and leave you without your rewards points, without your rewards account, and without any money for it?

My only experience was several years ago with a broker who put funds in my Chase checking account via ePay before I gave him the points.

Anybody have any specific recent recommendations?
The guy I used 5 years ago was "Alex", or Shlomo, I believe.

I think I'll stick with buyers who pay irreversibly and only sell airline points, not UR or MR points.
I can live without any of my airline accounts easier than I can live with a ban from a major card issuer.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Recommendation: use the points yourself or for your friends/family.
The fraud departments of the airlines are getting better and better at shutting down sellers of their non-fungible currencies.

rated:
I don't have anybody who flies anymore.
I just turned down $2800 paypal for points that Chase will pay me $2000 for because I wouldn't take paypal and didn't want to make a broker an AU on a card 10 minutes before a huge ticket was purchased. That extra $700 after Paypal fees would have bought a couple of domestic tickets...

rated:
I could be your friend, where are the miles and points? send me a pm haha

rated:
taxmantoo said:   I don't have anybody who flies anymore.
I just turned down $2800 paypal for points that Chase will pay me $2000 for because I wouldn't take paypal and didn't want to make a broker an AU on a card 10 minutes before a huge ticket was purchased. That extra $700 after Paypal fees would have bought a couple of domestic tickets...

you could put your cat as an authorized user it won't effect anything
you're the one the card is going to be sent to anyway so it's not like they can use it
stick with a reputable broker and you'll be fine

rated:
I pay through a Pakistani hawala agent who launders them back through Shlomo's Ukranian untraceable Bitcoin exchange. He then pays Whoopi Goldberg in Flooz, who sends me the cash equivalent in Omaha Steaks gift certificates. When I receive the gift certificates, I enter them all into an Excel spreadsheet, ordered by serial number.  Next, I shoot myself in the head.

rated:
Crazytree said:   I pay through a Pakistani hawala agent who launders them back through Shlomo's Ukranian untraceable Bitcoin exchange. He then pays Whoopi Goldberg in Flooz, who sends me the cash equivalent in Omaha Steaks gift certificates. When I receive the gift certificates, I enter them all into an Excel spreadsheet, ordered by serial number.  Next, I shoot myself in the head.

I just fly to Europe in First Class.  Different strokes for different folks, eh?

rated:
bxlefty23 said:   
you're the one the card is going to be sent to anyway so it's not like they can use it

You don't think adding an AU minutes before the AU makes a 200k point redemption is going to raise red flags in URland?

rated:
taxmantoo said:   
bxlefty23 said:   

You don't think adding an AU minutes before the AU makes a 200k point redemption is going to raise red flags in URland?

it didn't in MR land. added a very non-similar name to my am3x account as an AU and transferred miles the same day.  to be fair it was my first MR sale so there's no history of selling points.  mil3sp2p sent me a check.  if you use them you have to be ready to accept the transaction within minutes.  there are probably better prices out there but p2p has a good interface and no shopping around or human interaction.  

haven't done it in UR lately but i'm probably going to cash some UR out in the next couple months if redemption seems like a good value vs airfare.

eta if you're adding an AU to a biz card, that person is considered an employee so who cares what the name is or when you add.  i'm sure it happens all the time in corp america.

rated:
they also do ch@se quickpay or paypal

rated:
Is there a reddit exchange forum or something that is safer p2p for transacting points/vouchers? I used to have a guy directly too but he seems to not need anything anymore. It is hard to find a trustworthy buyer because like someone said the airlines are very good at figuring out who you are and cancelling it or penalizing you some way like closing your account. It's not worth the risk for a couple hundred bucks in my opinion, unless you have someone you trust.

rated:
The risk to a seller is pretty big (closure of account).
Is there a risk to the buyer?

rated:
Yes. The buyer is usually a middle-man who's actually brokering a ticket for a client. If there was an issue the ticket would be pulled and the broker would be stuck with a very upset customer, likely owing them their $$$ back while you, the seller keep your money.

rated:
The risk to the end user is getting stranded halfway and having to find an alternate ticket home. American is notorious for this. Sometimes they'll let you fly if you give up the broker.

I travel a lot so I'm not really interested in selling. I'll use them all eventually. If you want to sell, I'd just use bank points to buy revenue tickets for friends/family at a slight discount. Much less risky than selling airline awards.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017