• filter:

Samsung return and rebate - Accounting issues

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Cautionary tales of Samsung accounting system.
If you have bought items from Samsung while returning some item and keeping item with rebate, make sure to check value of rebate refund. Samsung tends to spread out rebate on entire order even though rebate is on particular item. 
I recently purchased 2 S8 with one of them having 200 rebate. Samsung spread out rebate on both purchase. When I returned one of them (one without rebate), it refunded me reduced amount (post rebate). It took several phone calls and discussing with manager to clear up refund. Most of the order support persons over the phone doesn't understand the issue and will try to refuse refund. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Depends on the original offer. You purchased two S8 together but only one had a rebate? Why not both? Or was the offer Buy 1, get $200 off second?

Else, you would be better off purchasing them one at a time, so any rebates would only affect one transaction.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017