• filter:

Is Advance Auto Parts - AAP the right company to invest in as per this infographic

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
11:16 AM ET, 08/15/2017 - MT Newswires

11:16 AM EDT, 08/15/2017 (MT Newswires) -- Advance Auto Parts (AAP) shares fell to their lowest level since 2013 after the company reported Tuesday weaker-than-expected fiscal Q2 earnings and in-line revenues while providing its outlook for the year.

AAP was down 22% at $84.85 recently, trading in a new 52-week range between $84.60 and $177.83.

Adjusted earnings in the quarter ended July 15 were $1.58 per share, down from last year's $1.90, falling short of the Capital IQ consensus of $1.66. Sales were near flat at $2.26 billion, matching the mean estimate compiled by Capital IQ. Comparable store sales were flat.

Looking ahead, the company expects FY comparable store sales to be down between 1% and 3%.

Price: 84.80, Change: -24.52, Percent Change: -22.43

rated:
The guidance seem strong with new store openings and such. I heard stocks are always best to be bought on the fall if one is long on it. Want clarity on if the company has a foundation to sustain in the long run? 

rated:
Could also try posing your question here

rated:
write2rubywright said:   The guidance seem strong with new store openings and such. I heard stocks are always best to be bought on the fall if one is long on it.  
  When the 20% fall is due to a 20% decrease in year-over-year earnings, you shouldn't assume it'll rebound.  

rated:
As a consumer, I can't see shopping at advance unless it's something that is needed immediately or I have a good coupon. If its something I can plan for, i'dd just order from Amazon for less $ & shipped to my door. Seems like a trend that will continue for nearly all b&m retailers.

rated:
Automotive aftermarket is not a great place to invest right now.

rated:
No they are losing customers in droves due to their new website changes. I have been contacted by them twice trying to get my business to buy from them and the customer service agents have both said they are having problems.

rated:
I would stay away from this dog.

rated:
Overpriced house brand parts and fluids. Bait and switch tactics, when you find a part on their website, the price in the store is always higher. When you complain to the cashier, they act dumb or cop an attitude. Cheaper online at eBay, Amazon, Rockauto, etc.

rated:
Amazon and Rock Auto have them beat. I do all of the maintenance on my cars and I stay away from AAP unless I need a part immediately and they are the only ones that have it locally.

It was disappointing when AAP bought CarQuest a few years ago.

rated:
Location plays a role, but not only do I check the online places first, but also most of the other B&M auto parts chains. Cheap isn't a buy signal. Undervalued is a buy signal. If you can't elucidate a reason they're likely to recover, making them undervalued and not just cheap, they might just be circling the drain.

rated:
They still can't accept their gift cards on their website.

Use that information how you will.

rated:
scrouds said:   They still can't accept their gift cards on their website.

Use that information how you will.

Pet peve of mine for years.  In the end I decided it was conscious company decision.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017