• filter:

Capital One 360 Checking and Money Market Accounts, $400 bonus

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Open a Capital One 360 Checking account and/or a 360 Money Market account online and deposit at least $1,000 in each account opened no later than September 30, 2017.

Link 

You can open one account or both accounts, each for $200 bonus, totaling $400. Bonus is deposited approximately 10 weeks after you meet the deposit conditions. Account must be open and in good standing to receive the bonus. Must be a new customer and not currently have a Capital One 360 Money Market, Checking or Savings account.

Available to all, nationwide. Technically the offer says this is targeted, requiring a received offer in the mail, but sources say they are lax about this requirement and it has worked in the past. Still, it's not a 100% guarantee. Neither accounts have maintenance or minimum deposit fees. No credit card funding. It doesn't specify if you need to maintain a $1,000 balance in the accounts to receive the bonus, only that you deposit at least $1,000 in each account to trigger the bonus. The 360 Money Market account also has an APY of 1.1% on balances of $10,000 or more (no limit specified) so it's also not a bad place to park some extra money.

Update: It is reported that you must be a new Checking/Savings/Money Market customer and never have opened an account with Capital One in order to receive the bonus. Not currently having an open account doesn't cut it.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Confused here.

First: These cash bonuses are only available to you if you received our offer in the mail and if you do not have an existing 360 Money Market, 360 Checking or 360 Savings account.

But then: To receive any of these bonuses, you must be the existing primary or secondary account holder, and account(s) must be in good standing (not in default, closed or suspended).

So I can't have any 360 accounts currently, but I must be the existing primary or secondary account holder? Or does that mean AT THE TIME OF bonus disbursement, my accounts must be in good standing?

rated:
The general rule with capital one is that if you have ever had any type of checking account with them, you can never get another checking account bonus. This includes banks that they bought out, so for instance if you had an ING account and it became a capital one account you are out of luck. Same goes for money market/savings. If you have ever had a money market/savings with them, you will never get another money market/savings bonus.

This one actually sounds like it goes a little further and you pretty much could never have had either account to get either bonus. Since they are very strict with their "once per customer EVER" rule, I would stay away from this bonus if you have ever had any sort of capital one bank account.

BUT, this is a pretty good money market bonus because it seems like it only requires $1,000. Every other capital one savings/money market bonus I've seen lately has required a whole lot more. The last few public bonuses required $10,000.

rated:
meade18 said:   The general rule with capital one is that if you have ever had any type of checking account with them, you can never get another checking account bonus. This includes banks that they bought out, so for instance if you had an ING account and it became a capital one account you are out of luck. Same goes for money market/savings. If you have ever had a money market/savings with them, you will never get another money market/savings bonus.

This one actually sounds like it goes a little further and you pretty much could never have had either account to get either bonus. Since they are very strict with their "once per customer EVER" rule, I would stay away from this bonus if you have ever had any sort of capital one bank account.

BUT, this is a pretty good money market bonus because it seems like it only requires $1,000. Every other capital one savings/money market bonus I've seen lately has required a whole lot more. The last few public bonuses required $10,000.

Right, which I was never able to get the bonus on. Apparently I had a 360 Savings account years ago that I forgot about. Held up $10k for a week or two, so not a huge deal, since there doesn't seem to be any minimum balance/time requirements.

rated:
Thanks for those details. Updated OP.

rated:
INGDirect Orange Savings was one of the best accounts for quite a while. I've had mine since before I joined FWF. These new customer deals make me feel sad and old!

rated:
Cap One's bonuses don't apply if you or anyone you know has ever opened a checking or savings account.

rated:
Without me asking, the state government filed a complaint with the federal gov on my behalf for the last Cap One unpaid bonus. I will post more when I find the letter the state office sent to me.

Pipboy said:   Cap One's bonuses don't apply if you or anyone you know has ever opened a checking or savings account.

rated:
Is there an easy way to confirm if you ever had an ING account? I currently have one, but I'm pretty sure my wife never did and would like to open the accounts for her to get the 400. She may have had an ING Savings a decade ago but can't remember.

rated:
Ask her if she's ever heard of the band "Electric Orange." If she says no, then she hasn't had an account with ING. If the name sounds familiar to her, but she's not sure, she has.*

*YMMV

rated:

jaytrader;19947680 said:Confused here.

First: These cash bonuses are only available to you if you received our offer in the mail and if you do not have an existing 360 Money Market, 360 Checking or 360 Savings account.

But then: To receive any of these bonuses, you must be the existing primary or secondary account holder, and account(s) must be in good standing (not in default, closed or suspended).

So I can't have any 360 accounts currently, but I must be the existing primary or secondary account holder? Or does that mean AT THE TIME OF bonus disbursement, my accounts must be in good standing?

Same concern...

I'd like to sign my wife up for this (I've already received a $500 bonus on my 360 Savings account) but she is not an existing primary or secondary account holder on my or anyone's account.

I believe she has had a Cap1 Credit Card, but never a Checking or Savings account.

rated:
lhughes said:   

jaytrader;19947680 said:Confused here.

Same concern...

I'd like to sign my wife up for this (I've already received a $500 bonus on my 360 Savings account) but she is not an existing primary or secondary account holder on my or anyone's account.

I believe she has had a Cap1 Credit Card, but never a Checking or Savings account.

Do it. My wife got a $400 bonus a couple months ago thanks to a Cap1 new account bonus. I was not eligible thanks to my previous accounts with them.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017