• filter:

Concierge/In-house deals

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Not sure if this forum is best place for this question:

I like to arrange all aspects my purchases and vacations. One reason is that I like to feel that I'm getting a good price for a purchase / flight hotel and I enjoy searching around for deals. I don't use the rewards/travel concierge or in house organization connected to each credit card company. This can disqualify using reward points for those organizations requiring using them. Do others think I'm making a mistake?  tks

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Maybe. Some of the bank portals have negotiated fares, notably Amex. You'll have to quote it there to find out.

rated:
AMEX Platinum concierge can often get you the same price plus a perk, e.g. dinner for two at the hotel restaurant. Not very useful for airfare/car rental.

rated:
ive found costco has the best deals for a la carte car rental. Rock bottom rate and you don't have to prepay and can cancel until last minute

rated:
As long as you actually use your reward points somewhere along the line and on something that gets the max value, then you're not making a mistake. If, however, you have points that are worth more when they are spent on travel, but you only use them on statement credits, then yes, you are making a mistake as far as getting as much value out of your points as possible. But since you enjoy the way you plan and book things, consider how much "value" that brings you. If it's more then the extra value you would get using your points to book things, then no, you're not making a mistake. You're making a reasonable trade off.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017