• filter:

Transfer Vehicle Registration

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
OK so basically I bought a used 97 corolla back on April 30th. The guy seemed legit wrote up a bill of sale for himself/release of liability. The pink slip was signed from the original owner to him, but never signed over to me. How would I go about transferring the title to my name? I signed on the back and filled out the slot and signed the bottom of the pink slip. I'm in California.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Sue him to get the $ back and void the transaction. You only now worry about this?

rated:
tupacshakurmvp said:   The pink slip was signed from the original owner to him, but never signed over to me. How would I go about transferring the title to my name? 
  He can't transfer title to you until he applies for and gets a title in his name first. You might be able to talk to a DMV supervisor and skip that step if you pay all the fees and taxes the guy didn't.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017