• filter:

$25 statement credit for each new Additional Blue Card Member you add here after they spend $250

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
https://cardappdacq.americanexpress.com/us/credit-cards/card-application/apply/supplementary/blue-cash-everyday-credit-card/15180-10-0-BCESASBAU1#/apply

Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American ExpressBonus Cash Back: You can earn a $25 statement credit for each new Additional Card Member you add here after they spend $250 in purchases on their Card in the first 3 months. Limit of 4 bonus offers, and you must add them all at once by October 20, 2017. Terms Apply. Add Card Here.  Additional Card Members must be at least 13 years of age and never had a defaulted account with American Express.

The Additional Card Member's Social Security Number and Date of Birth are not required to submit this request. However, this information must be provided by you or the Additional Card Member within 60 days after the Card is issued, or the Additional Card will be canceled.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
YMMV if you are trying to add someone over the phone and not providing a SSN (like I did, possibly my mistake). In my case, the phone rep added one person (for whom I refused to give out SSN) and then told me that the link to add more people was gone from their screen. I had originally intended to add 2 people, but had to be content with adding just the one.

Also, the phone rep did NOT inform me about what the OP mentions "The Additional Card Member's Social Security Number and Date of Birth are not required to submit this request. However, this information must be provided by you or the Additional Card Member within 60 days after the Card is issued, or the Additional Card will be canceled." Had the rep told me that, I would not have added an AU.

Lastly, the additional card member gets a new unique card number (not same as yours) and must separately register that card online to earn Amex Offers on that card number.

rated:
Does anyone know how the account appears on credit reports for additional cardholders? I'm interested in the Chase 5/24 rule, so a new 'open date' would be a cost to consider.

rated:
SlimTim said:   Does anyone know how the account appears on credit reports for additional cardholders? I'm interested in the Chase 5/24 rule, so a new 'open date' would be a cost to consider.
Yes it does.
I learned the hard way. $25 is not worth adding a card to your credit report.
You can request the reconsideration CSR to ignore the AU card but it's at their discretion.
So,YMMV

rated:
I have no idea if this might help anyone get their $25 bonus for this offer, but many years ago, I asked to have a duplicate card sent to me, which had always been an easy process with Visa/MC, regardless of issuer. They'd just send a second card identical in every way to the first.

Amex required me to add MYSELF as an authorized user, using my name, birthdate, address, and SSN. The card they sent me still had a different account number than the main card. But at least it worked for what I wanted. Good luck getting your $25 here.

rated:
We're sorry. The Card Apply Site is temporarily down.

Please feel free to use our site map.
Thank you for visiting American Express.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
SlimTim said:   Does anyone know how the account appears on credit reports for additional cardholders? I'm interested in the Chase 5/24 rule, so a new 'open date' would be a cost to consider.
Yes it does.
I learned the hard way. $25 is not worth adding a card to your credit report.
You can request the reconsideration CSR to ignore the AU card but it's at their discretion.
So,YMMV

agreed esp. if it's a hard pull. I might do this for my 13y.o son though since he has no CC hx.

rated:
Along similar lines, the Amex HHonors card is offering 5K HHonors points bonus for getting a card for a Authorized User.
Assuming that'll be another hard pull, not worth it IMHO.

rated:
Are you guys sure you're not confusing hard pulls with opened credit card lines? My understanding was that when you were added as an authorized user, that credit card showed up on the AU's report, but did not count as a hard pull. Doesn't the person getting the hard pull have to authorize a hard pull? So how would someone else simply adding an AU mean they could do a hard pull? Can anyone actually point to proof that adding an authorized user means a hard pull on the authorized user's credit report?

I'm not saying the new card being added to the report wouldn't affect 5/24. I'm simply talking about a hard pull. As far as my understanding of 5/24 goes, it's about opened cards, not hard pulls. Meaning you could apply for 6 cards, but if you were only approved for 4, you're still under 5/24. Or you could apply for zero cards, but become an AU on 5 cards, and then you're out of luck.

rated:
meade18 said:   Are you guys sure you're not confusing hard pulls with opened credit card lines? My understanding was that when you were added as an authorized user, that credit card showed up on the AU's report, but did not count as a hard pull. 
You are absolutely right.
There is no hard pull for AU.
It only adds the credit card to your credit report which affects your chances of getting a credit card with Chase especially if you are already 4/24
That's why I do not consider this to be a good deal since you are just limiting your chances of getting a really great deal in the future just for a paltry $25
No disrespect to the OP of course.

rated:
Still get special site is closed down.
"We're sorry. The Card Apply Site is temporarily down."
Wonder if another route works and is worth the trouble.

rated:
" There is currently no offer available for additional user. However you can call us once at 800-528-4800 ​​​​​​​ to check more offers "

This is from Amex chat.The above may not be correct since I appear to have given him a wrong last few digits.

rated:
From Amex chat
"There is no offer for Hilton card also. "

rated:
I speak from personal experience, for purposes of Chase's 5/24 rule, you can remove an AU from an account, then dispute the au entry off the consumer reports. The consumer report dispute need only state that the AU is not responsible for the account (no need to claim fraud or anything like that).

Grab the AU benefit, wait until all credits are settled, remove the AU, then the AU disputes the entry off their reports. simple as that.

rated:
gatzdon said:   disputes the entry off their reports. simple as that.
From my experience it's too much of a hassle.
Taking it off transunion is easily done via CreditKarma but other two takes time and effort.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017