• filter:

attorney's work = unsatisfactory

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
What is the most appropriate way to handle an incompetent and lazy attorney?  Complain to them?  Complain to their firm?  Just fire them and hire a new one?  Complain to Bar?  Call credit cards to get money back?  Something else?

Edit: I have hired many attorneys, but this is my first bad experience and an expensive one.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
next time use legalzoom!!

tantuti (Aug. 26, 2017 @ 8:09p) |

Curry cook.

Meth cook was 2nd I believe.

forbin4040 (Aug. 26, 2017 @ 11:27p) |

What is he is not satisfied with your paperwork?

EvilCapitalist (Aug. 30, 2017 @ 1:59p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Gauss44 said:   What is the most appropriate way to handle an incompetent and lazy attorney?  Complain to them?  Complain to their firm?  Just fire them and hire a new one?  Complain to Bar?  Call credit cards to get money back?  Something else?

Start by kicking him out of your apartment.

rated:
Gauss44 said:   What is the most appropriate way to handle an incompetent and lazy attorney?  Complain to them?  Complain to their firm?  Just fire them and hire a new one?  Complain to Bar?  Call credit cards to get money back?  Something else?

Edit: I have hired many attorneys, but this is my first bad experience and an expensive one.

Many?  What's a poor grad student doing hiring that for?

rated:
I think we found gauss44's problem. He can't afford decent housing because he spends all his money on attorneys.

rated:
For what purpose did you hire the attorney? How was he/she recommended to you?

rated:
Against my better judgement, I'll bite.

What type of case?
Why do you feel the attorney is lazy?
What was your retainer fee?
Are you on contingent or flat-fee retainer?
What is your expectation, and how does it differ from what you are actually getting from the attorney?

rated:
what does this have to do with finance? other threads get moved when they apparently have nothing to do with finance. but the OP always gets to post his off-topic threads here.

why?

rated:
maridotron said:   what does this have to do with finance? other threads get moved when they apparently have nothing to do with finance. but the OP always gets to post his off-topic threads here.

why?

why do you need to make an alt to say that?

This thread has as much or more to do with finance as 1/4 of the stuff discussed here.

Its a contract dispute for services rendered.

rated:
jerosen said:   
maridotron said:   what does this have to do with finance? other threads get moved when they apparently have nothing to do with finance. but the OP always gets to post his off-topic threads here.

why?

why do you need to make an alt to say that?

This thread has as much or more to do with finance as 1/4 of the stuff discussed here.

Its a contract dispute for services rendered.

because mods routinely ban posters who call BS on the inconsistencies and favoritism
that's another problem.  mods routinely allow non-finance threads, but move, remove or close some arbitrarily.  it makes no sense.
this thread belongs in a "law forum." it wouldn't be hard to create one.

rated:

why?

Dealing with unsatisfactory paid service is a popular topic on the finance forum.  

rated:
Did you read the agreement? He is probably doing exactly what you paid him for. Nothing more, nothing less.

Based on previous landlord questions, you are expecting more than what you paid for.

rated:
maridotron said:   

because mods routinely ban posters 

not really

rated:
First, how did your move go? Pics of the new place?

rated:
Not enough info.

rated:
The wheel is still spinning, but the hamster is dead.

rated:
maridotron said:    mods routinely allow non-finance threads, but move, remove or close some arbitrarily.
Mods send them to... Beloit.

/ it's like being sent to Detroit, but with more cheese.

rated:
Gauss44 said:   

why?

Dealing with unsatisfactory paid service is a popular topic on the finance forum.  

When it's applicable to a real situation.  There were several good questions asked of you.  Why haven't you answered them?

rated:
jerosen said:   I think we found gauss44's problem. He can't afford decent housing because he spends all his money on attorneys.
  I'm going to guess he hired an attorney to appeal the restraining order against him, instead of focusing on just getting moved out like he was suppose to anyways.

rated:
The obvious answer: sue him =)

rated:
Anybody want popcorn?

<click for animation

rated:
Please please don't be suing BostonOne, especially after he helped you move out.

And if you are suing BostonOne, don't ask in the board that both you and he visit.

rated:
I think BostonOne dodged a bullet.

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   I think BostonOne dodged a bullet.
  Is BostonOne an attorney by any chance and is Gauss44 living in BostonOne's garage?

rated:
How many "crazy" ex-roommates are suing G44? All 8+ ex roomies are crazy, every single one.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
ZenNUTS said:   I think BostonOne dodged a bullet.
  Is BostonOne an attorney by any chance and is Gauss44 living in BostonOne's garage?

IANG44'sL

Just checked the garage. I did not see Gauss44 in there. Phew!

My offer for help still stands. In light of this thread, I may draw up some paperwork waiving any liability if he does accept my help.

rated:
zapjb said:   How many "crazy" ex-roommates are suing G44? All 8+ ex roomies are crazy, every single one.
  The first one was just a bad cook.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   zapjb said:   How many "crazy" ex-roommates are suing G44? All 8+ ex roomies are crazy, every single one.

Was that the meth cook?

rated:
next time use legalzoom!!

rated:
jerosen said:   
forbin4040 said:   
zapjb said:   How many "crazy" ex-roommates are suing G44? All 8+ ex roomies are crazy, every single one.

Was that the meth cook?

Curry cook.

Meth cook was 2nd I believe.

rated:
BostonOne said:   
IANG44'sL

Just checked the garage. I did not see Gauss44 in there. Phew!
My offer for help still stands. In light of this thread, I may draw up some paperwork waiving any liability if he does accept my help.

What is he is not satisfied with your paperwork?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017