• filter:

Leasing car -

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Hello Everyone
Planning on leasing a car. my last lease term is about to end, and I am looking for something similar deal.

the deal I got 
Chevy Cruz 2014 model= leased on Oct-14.
300$ down, 149 monthly payment and 15000 miles per year. for 3 years. I tried to make same deal again after 2 months at that time, and i was simply denied that price. 

now while returnign, I'll be paying $400 if I don't lease/buy new car from the same dealership. 
what are the current deals/promotions going on which can be similar to this deal?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

rated:
So you paid $5,664 for the 3 year use of a new Cruze? Was this a stripped base model or did you leave out all the signing fees? A well equipped Cruze cost over $20K new so the company would have about $15K in it at lease end. No way they could get that much for it now. Something is missing.

rated:
atikovi said:   So you paid $5,664 for the 3 year use of a new Cruze? Was this a stripped base model or did you leave out all the signing fees? A well equipped Cruze cost over $20K new so the company would have about $15K in it at lease end. No way they could get that much for it now. Something is missing.

Leasehackr bro

rated:
atikovi said:   So you paid $5,664 for the 3 year use of a new Cruze? Was this a stripped base model or did you leave out all the signing fees? A well equipped Cruze cost over $20K new so the company would have about $15K in it at lease end. No way they could get that much for it now. Something is missing.

Lots of people don't really get leasing. Looks like OP missed a deal earlier this year. Basically you have the mistaken belief that manufacturers make money on every deal. It's not true as automakers have lost millions if not billions in the past and have also gone bankrupt. What you're missing is basically the manufacturer typically has lease incentives and discounts where they can hide their discounts and you only realize how it's a good deal once you actually do the math. The key is a high residual combined with rebates and other discounts that cut down MSRP. Your lease is then based on the difference. So the bigger the discount and the higher the residual, the lower the lease payment. The car manufacturer takes it on the chin when they get the car back after 2-3 years, but hey that's 2-3 years down the road for them. 

https://leasehackr.com/blog/2017/1/16/january-wonder-lease-the-n...

rated:
henry33 said:   

Lots of people don't really get leasing. Looks like OP missed a deal earlier this year. Basically you have the mistaken belief that manufacturers make money on every deal. It's not true as automakers have lost millions if not billions in the past and have also gone bankrupt. What you're missing is basically the manufacturer typically has lease incentives and discounts where they can hide their discounts and you only realize how it's a good deal once you actually do the math. The key is a high residual combined with rebates and other discounts that cut down MSRP. Your lease is then based on the difference. So the bigger the discount and the higher the residual, the lower the lease payment. The car manufacturer takes it on the chin when they get the car back after 2-3 years, but hey that's 2-3 years down the road for them. 

https://leasehackr.com/blog/2017/1/16/january-wonder-lease-the-new-chevrolet-cruze-109-month-0-down?rq=cruze

Even for those that "get" leasing it only makes sense if you are the type to want a new vehicle every 2-4 years -- and you are willing to buy what "they" want to sell you.  If you are in that odd combination of "new car every 2-4" and "want a cheap economy car" then you may fall into the zone that this sort of lease works for.  IF you are in a state that incentivizes leasing.

My state it is a horrible deal to lease, you may only pay "depreciation" on the car, but you pay TAXES on the whole value at lease assumption.  Plus if you decide to buy the car at the end?  Yeah, taxes are due AGAIN on the residual price you buy it out for, sucker!  The state supposedly allows you to credit what you paid to the dealer the first time.. but most dealers use trade-in credits instead cash on leases so they don't actually pay the money you have to (by law) pay them for the taxes.  

So no money was paid?  No transfer credit.  State goes "PAYME!" if you want to buy out.  (all dealers in TX save their trade in tax credits to cash out against leases)  However if you trade in the vehicle for another vehicle then you only pay taxes on the difference. 

In some states it is a great deal, in others it is not.  

rated:
  yeah, and if I don't buy/lease another car from same dealership, i will be paying $400 more to GM/Chevy. but that's standard fee for everyone (at least that was what he said).
all signing fee, tax and whatever other fees are included in my total. so, nothing is missing.

rated:
RussellJohnson said:   

Leasehackr bro

Thank you

rated:

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017