• filter:

Get $10,000 Rebate from PSE&G on a new Nissan Leaf

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I am located in NJ and just got an email from PSE&G stating the following:

"PSE&G has partnered with Nissan to bring you an incredible offer!  For a limited time, PSE&G customers can save $10,000 on a new 2017 Nissan LEAF electric vehicle.
This special $10,000 rebate – plus a federal tax credit of $7,500 – reduces the price by more than half!
Just bring a copy of your PSE&G bill and the program flyer to your participating Nissan dealer to receive these savings. Don't wait! This offer expires on September 30, 2017 (or while supplies last) "

You must be a PSE&G Customer.

Link to offer

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: HOT DEALS, FINANCE. — Sep. 22, 2017 @ 11:08pm
Member Summary

Nissan Leaf (13.28kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
What did ComEd say when you asked them?  Report back and we will ALL know...

RedWolfe01 (Sep. 20, 2017 @ 8:16p) |

Has anyone had any luck using this on a lease? As was previously mentioned, if you don't have a $7,500 tax liability th... (more)

ShaggyDan (Sep. 20, 2017 @ 11:11p) |

My EV is a solar powered car because it is fueled with our roof top solar.  If you are plugging in to the average Americ... (more)

ShaggyDan (Sep. 20, 2017 @ 11:27p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
$15k total for a brand new Nissan Leaf sounds like a damn good deal.

Wonder how many dealers will mark up the price above MSRP, and/or tack on BS fees, though.

rated:
It is a specific MSRP listed -- the after rebate price is $15K.

Simply show your PSE&G gas or electric bill and a copy of this flyer at your participating Nissan dealership to receive a $10,000 rebate from Nissan USA (off MSRP4) on a new 2017 Nissan LEAF!

This limited time offer expires 9/30/2017 or while supplies last (whichever occurs first), and cannot be combined with any other Nissan special lease, APR, or rebate.

https://www.pseg.com/images/information/news/promotion/nissan/nissanleaf_benefits-block.jpg

rated:
2018 model is new. Keep that in mind.

rated:
I think the 2018 version will have nearly double the range. I think thats the reason for the fire sale

rated:
Wow, just found the same thing for xcel customers in Colorado but it ends Friday. Even better as Colorado has an additional $5k state rebate, so theoretically only $10k.

And yes, the new Leaf has 200 mile range compared to 84/107 on the current year
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1104610_next-nissan-leaf-con...

rated:
Seems like this deal is available through several other utilities. Google search [utility name] + Nissan leaf.

rated:
ArmchairArchitect said:   $15k total for a brand new Nissan Leaf sounds like a damn good deal.

Wonder how many dealers will mark up the price above MSRP, and/or tack on BS fees, though.

It's 10K off MSRP and doesn't stack with any other manufacturer incentives, so there shouldn't really be any negotiating.

rated:
Any lease deals on this?

rated:
Just checked and SDG&E has a similar offer both for Nissan Leaf and BMW i3: https://www.sdge.com/clean-energy/electric-vehicles/10000-means-...

rated:
https://www.ameren.com/  Ameren which services parts of MO and IL also has this offer. If one must resort to a charging station site, be aware you might need permission or pay to park.

rated:
Don't see anything for Dominion Virginia Power

rated:
Czechmeout said:   Wow, just found the same thing for xcel customers in Colorado but it ends Friday. Even better as Colorado has an additional $5k state rebate, so theoretically only $10k.

And yes, the new Leaf has 200 mile range compared to 84/107 on the current year
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1104610_next-nissan-leaf-con...

1) The $10k offer has been around off and on several times since March here in CO.
2) There is no "84" range anymore. 2017's only have the 107/30kwh battery.
3) That article is from June 2016. Current news for the 2018 is a base 40kwh/165mile pack, with a likely larger pack upgrade for extra.

Keep in mind the 2018's will not be this heavily discounted. Eg, buy a 2017 for $15k and still meet 99.1% of your driving needs, or get a 2018 for $27k and still only have it meet 99.4% of your driving needs.

rated:
civ2k1 said:   
Just checked and SDG&E has a similar offer both for Nissan Leaf and BMW i3: https://www.sdge.com/clean-energy/electric-vehicles/10000-means-...

and I think California has a $2500 state refund (up to $4500 for lower income), plus the $7500 Federal tax credit.   $20K off ???

rated:
So, is this only for PSE&G customers? or anyone can qualify?

rated:
Just imagine what it does to the resale value.

Pure electric with 107mile range during summer is much lower during Northeast Winter. It will make you a stressed out individual with range anxiety. I wouldnt buy it at any price.

I knew a guy with BMW I3. He got 55-60mile range during winter. Atleast that had a small 1.9gallon gas tank.

If you are into electric, get a Chevy Bolt, Volt or Tesla. Atleast it can be practical.

rated:
COMED in Chicago area also has $10,000 Rebate.

rated:
I bought a Nissan Leaf, not as good of a deal as you guys are seeing right now, but I did get a good deal. I must say that I absolutely love it. I live in AZ, so I agree with javaman2003, I would not have bought it when I lived in WI. I love that I no longer have to stop at gas stations, and deal with the smell of gas on my hands. I plug it in every night, super simple. I get to drive in HOV lanes at all times, and no emissions testing, ever! The car is very peppy, and has great handling. It is a bargain at 15K. You will get an 8 year, 80K warranty, and it includes the battery in the warranty. I will say that you optimize the value of this car if your other car is a gas-powered car. There have been few times where I had range anxiety, and I traded car with the hub.

rated:
You are aware that 4 and 5 year old children get stuck mining for the compound that goes into the battery.... the mining is severely abusive and I wouldn't spend a penny on these kinds of cars till a stop is put to... another Blood Diamond Issue.

rated:
lawomanim1 said:   You are aware that 4 and 5 year old children get stuck mining for the compound that goes into the battery.... the mining is severely abusive and I wouldn't spend a penny on these kinds of cars till a stop is put to... another Blood Diamond Issue.
  That's not even the best part of the deal.  It's also a coal-powered car.  Double win!

rated:
I remember researching the Leaf when they offered a crazy incentive for financing it. I was only showing moderate interest and never went into a dealer to see the car. The dealers were able to offer the crazy incentive plus additional money off of MSRP making it an even better deal. I was hooked. There was no reason for me not to buy this car. Until i checked what the used ones go for. I forgot the exact numbers but i want to say that you take about a 50% hit in the first year or two. That killed it for me.

rated:
mckstpat said:   I remember researching the Leaf when they offered a crazy incentive for financing it. I was only showing moderate interest and never went into a dealer to see the car. The dealers were able to offer the crazy incentive plus additional money off of MSRP making it an even better deal. I was hooked. There was no reason for me not to buy this car. Until i checked what the used ones go for. I forgot the exact numbers but i want to say that you take about a 50% hit in the first year or two. That killed it for me.

So you buy it at half price and you are shocked that the resale value also drops half?
javaman2003 said: I knew a guy with BMW I3. He got 55-60mile range during winter. Atleast that had a small 1.9gallon gas tank.

My last commute was less than 20 miles, not seeing a problem here.   The only issue that *I* have is no charging available where I live.  

rated:
Also available from Duke energy in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Florida

https://www.duke-energy.com/_/media/pdfs/energy-education/04-10-...

rated:
good deal, but new models are coming soon, it's almost like buying an iphone 7 when iphone 8 is about to come out.

oh and nissan is exiting, and selling to a chinese company i think:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20170821/OEM05/170829959/what-do...

rated:
lawomanim1 said:   You are aware that 4 and 5 year old children get stuck mining for the compound that goes into the battery.... the mining is severely abusive and I wouldn't spend a penny on these kinds of cars till a stop is put to... another Blood Diamond Issue.
  You have got to be kidding me.  Do you believe everything you read or only what twists the truth and lies?

rated:
tommytom02 said:   
  That's not even the best part of the deal.  It's also a coal-powered car.  Double win!

Wow, the second total lie in this thread.  Must be a new record.  PSEG no longer uses coal.  http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/environment/2017/05/31/coa...

Learning truth is harder than repeating lies.

rated:
jsimon7777 said:   
tommytom02 said:   

Wow, the second total lie in this thread.  Must be a new record.  PSEG no longer uses coal.  http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/environment/2017/05/31/coa... 

Learning truth is harder than repeating lies.

You're joking here, right?  The person you quoted was mocking the first person.

rated:
  You don't realize it yet but you are actually making the case that we are helping instead of hurting.

rated:

rated:
Public Electric car charging stations locator across USA

https://www.afdc.energy.gov/locator/stations/

rated:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4764208/Child-miners-age...

Child miners aged four living a hell on Earth so YOU can drive an electric car: Awful human cost in squalid Congo cobalt mine that Michael Gove didn’t consider in his ‘clean’ energy crusade

• Sky News investigated the Katanga mines and found Dorsen, 8, and Monica, 4
  • The pair were working in the vast mines of the Democratic Republic of Congo
  • They are two of the 40,000 children working daily in the mines, checking rocks for cobalt

rated:
Daily Mail? Let's go read the National Enquirer while we're at it. I hear Bat Boy is a slave in a mind. I'm sure there are instances of child slavery in the world. There's child sex slavery in the United States, across the entire country. There's also child labor in every raw resource industry. That doesn't mean the problem is unique to EVs or is widespread for EV-specific material. Absolutely vacuous.

rated:

rated:
Just to put this deal in perspective, used 3-year-old leafs go for about $8k used. So 15k + tax = about 16k in most areas. That means $8k of depreciation. A 3-year lease on a Leaf can be had for about $4000 WITH TAX. That's before tax rebates. For instance, in California, most people can get $2500 back from the state. PGE gives another $500 back. We're talking $1000 for a 3-year lease. That's much, much less than the depreciation these cars will face, even from their $15k purchase price. If you just HAVE to buy one of these cars, fine. This is a deal. I can't imagine why you would, though, with the leases being so incredibly cheap.

rated:
jsimon7777 said:   Just to put this deal in perspective, used 3-year-old leafs go for about $8k used. So 15k + tax = about 16k in most areas. That means $8k of depreciation. A 3-year lease on a Leaf can be had for about $4000 WITH TAX. That's before tax rebates. For instance, in California, most people can get $2500 back from the state. PGE gives another $500 back. We're talking $1000 for a 3-year lease. That's much, much less than the depreciation these cars will face, even from their $15k purchase price. If you just HAVE to buy one of these cars, fine. This is a deal. I can't imagine why you would, though, with the leases being so incredibly cheap.

Where are you seeing a 3 year lease on a Nissan Leaf for $111/month including tax with no down payment?

rated:
ofcourse here in AZ APS will punish you for going EV/Solar

rated:
meade18 said:   
jsimon7777 said:   Just to put this deal in perspective, used 3-year-old leafs go for about $8k used. So 15k + tax = about 16k in most areas. That means $8k of depreciation. A 3-year lease on a Leaf can be had for about $4000 WITH TAX. That's before tax rebates. For instance, in California, most people can get $2500 back from the state. PGE gives another $500 back. We're talking $1000 for a 3-year lease. That's much, much less than the depreciation these cars will face, even from their $15k purchase price. If you just HAVE to buy one of these cars, fine. This is a deal. I can't imagine why you would, though, with the leases being so incredibly cheap.

Where are you seeing a 3 year lease on a Nissan Leaf for $111/month including tax with no down payment?

Probably CA, I dont see anything for NY:

ev-vin.blogspot.com

rated:
GA power has it

rated:
AEP in Ohio has been offering this since May: AEP Nissan Leaf Offer

For electric vehicles, there's a stronger case for leasing than for other cars because batteries are getting bigger range, prices are coming down so in 3 years you're likely to get more car for your money. But still the Leaf 2017 for $15K is not a bad deal. Especially if your state does not have tax incentives.

Skipping 56 Messages...
rated:
tommytom02 said:   

My EV is a solar powered car because it is fueled with our roof top solar.  If you are plugging in to the average American electric grid then you are using 30% coal to power your car.  Even if you used 100% coal you still wouldn't be creating anymore greenhouse gasses than burning a gallon of gasoline in you still wouldn't be creating any more greenhouse gasses than burning a gallon of gas in an efficient car.  Once you factor in the 4-6kWh that it takes to refine the gasoline you realize just making the gas (not burning it, transporting it, or extracting it) takes as much electricity as it would take to get an EV to go as far as an internal combustion vehicle burning one gallon of gas.  It is always better to drive an EV than burn gas, regardless of the way the local grid gets its electricity. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017