• filter:

Chase Sapphire cards are now considered one family for bonus purposes

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Sapphire cards are now considered one family for the purposes of getting signup bonuses. 

See DoC link for details
Chose said: Chose product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.
This means that you can only get bonus for ANY of the Sapphire card per 24 month

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Fark I was planning to get a preferred again to convert to a Freedom after a year. Guess that means no more bonuses since I was planning on keeping the Reserve. Or maybe it means I now must drop the reserve at some point for a few months and.... apply for a new Reserve instead of CSP?.

Additional notes:
1.Actually, really sucks I think I just checked the Chase freedom page and has similar verbiage:
"This product is available to you if you do not have this card and have not received a new cardmember bonus for this card in the past 24 months."  So they won't let you have more than one freedom if it works like it says there.  I wonder if they'll still allow product conversions to have more than one.

2.Southwest card app pages seem to still only reference "this card" not any Southwest card.  Wonder if they'll be changing that to ".any Southwest branded card" in the future.

Follow-up question:  Chase Ink Business Preferred -- I see no reference of even 24 months at all.  Are business cards with no restrictions at all?  Of interest was possibility of getting an Ink preferred for a year (have Ink Plus already)

rated:
You can still have more than one Freedom Bend3r, that just means you can keep applying for it over and over.

Downgrade CSR to Freedom, wait out the clock, then apple for CSP, get the bonus and upgrade to CSR.

rated:
Stubtify said:   Downgrade CSR to Freedom, wait out the clock, then apple for CSP, get the bonus and upgrade to CSR.
  Yes the downtime is all that's unclear.  If I have any international flights booked, I'd prefer to keep the insurance components provided by the card.  (And for simplicity I'd probably just skip the CSP step.  Its 24 months since any sapphire bonus)  Presumably though if someone actually looked at your account and saw you closed a Saphhire card a couple months before applying for a new identical one they'd reasonably conclude you were just doing so to get more points for opening a new one.  And that in itself is grounds for forfeiture of all UR points and/or account closure, even though you may have followed all the "rules", at Chase 's sole discretion. (Read the terms on the UR site).  

I think like some on DoC sore said, I think this just means I won't bother with 5/24 conservation anymore.  Just need to see if there's any other Chase cards I might ever want then count on not getting another for years.  A third freedom next year would be nice though.

rated:
Follow-up question:  Chase Ink Business Preferred -- I see no reference of even 24 months at all.  Are business cards with no restrictions at all?  Of interest was possibility of getting an Ink preferred for a year (have Ink Plus already)

It seems Biz cards are not included  .. yet !

rated:
Was nice while it lasted. Will probably keep CSR open as daily spender.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017