• filter:

Free money

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Coinbase will issue BCH. You would receive an amount of bitcoin cash equal to the bitcoin you held in your Coinbase account at the time of the fork.
BitcoinCash can be withdrawn on Jan 1st. At the time of writing BCH is $572.00

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I have some Bitcoin Cash stuck at Coinbase too. It's not free money. I look at it in the same way as a stock split or stock dividend. It belongs to customers holding bitcoins at Coinbase on August 1st in the same way stock you may have in a brokerage account.

There's also an issue of what Bitcoin Cash may be worth when Coinbase finally distributes it. It could be $600 or $6. I can't predict the future.

rated:
If you were smart and  had kept bitcoins safe in your own wallet instead of trusting hackable exchanges, you would be able to sell it off today, instead of waiting several months for Coinbase, hoping BCH doesn't become worthless, or they get compromised.

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017