• filter:

Car Insurance Coverages

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I've seen lots of threads about auto accidents over the years, but I haven't seen many threads on coverages and features.  What coverages and features do all you have for auto insurance? 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Depends on your state

rated:
Liability, comprehensive, collision.

rated:
Liability Coverage. Auto liability coverage is mandatory in most states. ...
Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage. ...
Comprehensive Coverage. ...
Collision Coverage. ...
Medical Payments Coverage. ...
Personal Injury Protection.
Car Rental coverage when you have been in an accident
Towing

Premiums vary with the amount of each coverage, car make and model / model year / your driving record and in some companies, your credit rating.

rated:
This has been discussed before, but uninsured and underinsured motorist is something I'm always curious about. I was surprised that it seemed like there were quite a few people in favor of it. One thing I'm very suspicious about is how hard it is to get the insurance company to pay out in the event of a claim. I think I would prefer to carry umbrella and disability insurance to provide similar but broader coverage for similar risks?

rated:
I had Adirondack for many years, Encompass before that. Now I have Safeco. Traveler's isn't bad I've heard.

rated:
ksuwldkat said:   This has been discussed before, but uninsured and underinsured motorist is something I'm always curious about. I was surprised that it seemed like there were quite a few people in favor of it. One thing I'm very suspicious about is how hard it is to get the insurance company to pay out in the event of a claim. I think I would prefer to carry umbrella and disability insurance to provide similar but broader coverage for similar risks?
  In some states you have to sue the at fault party.

Disability insurance won't pay for pain and suffering.

rated:
Anyone here run max deductibles? I'm wondering whether I'm in the minority here but I've had $2k deductibles for a while.  

rated:
stanolshefski said:   ksuwldkat said:   This has been discussed before, but uninsured and underinsured motorist is something I'm always curious about. I was surprised that it seemed like there were quite a few people in favor of it. One thing I'm very suspicious about is how hard it is to get the insurance company to pay out in the event of a claim. I think I would prefer to carry umbrella and disability insurance to provide similar but broader coverage for similar risks?
  In some states you have to sue the at fault party.

Disability insurance won't pay for pain and suffering.

Your own umbrella pays out to third parties when you are liable. Um/uim is a different coverage, you purchase um/uim and your own company pays to you in the event the other party that is liable has no coverage or inadequate coverage.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017