• filter:

Credit Sesame & Transunion Yo-yo Score?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I was wondering if anyone here has experienced this before.  In the past 4-5 months, I've had my score jump 20-25 points randomly (CS says it's because of Transunion), only to drop less than a month later the same amount and return to the same score I had before.  

I've never had anything happen like this before and I haven't opened any new lines of credit, don't any hard inquiries, etc.  I'm also not showing where there's been any new lines of credit opened in my name either.

I'm in the process of paying down my debt so that I can qualify for a condo or home loan in the future (6+ months away) and I just don't want this phenomenon sneaking up on me.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
wordplay123 said:   I was wondering if anyone here has experienced this before.  In the past 4-5 months, I've had my score jump 20-25 points randomly (CS says it's because of Transunion), only to drop less than a month later the same amount and return to the same score I had before.  

I've never had anything happen like this before and I haven't opened any new lines of credit, don't any hard inquiries, etc.  I'm also not showing where there's been any new lines of credit opened in my name either.

I'm in the process of paying down my debt so that I can qualify for a condo or home loan in the future (6+ months away) and I just don't want this phenomenon sneaking up on me.

Short Answer: Nobody uses Credit Sesame's scores, so you can safely ignore them.

Long Answer: Most likely you have a revolving credit utilization issue on one or more accounts. Remember, most banks report the statement balance on credit cards and there is no distinction between a person who pays off cards each month and someone who carries a balance.

rated:
I agree with Stan and have seen MyFICO.com score jump around and vary between CRAs by similar amounts and even more.

US Bank and Elan cards typically report on the first of the month -- everyone else that I'm aware of reports at the statement close.

If you are super serious about getting your score up, you can play games like paying your CC bill before the close or before the first of the month for US / Elan cards. Lenders vary on their posting dates... most post immediately. Some of my CU based CCs take a few days to post -- so you'd have to pay them a bit early if you play this game.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017