• filter:

Discover Bank Savings $150/$200 bonus

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I assumed that this offer was on FWF already, but I couldn't find it in any current threads.

For new Discover Bank Savings customers, open a new savings account, deposit $15K and get a $150 bonus or $20K and get a $200 bonus. Open by 10/2, fund by 10/16, bonus paid by 10/31. Regular savings interest rate is 1.15%, but the bonus adds another full percent even if you left the money there for a year.

Discover Bank Offer 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Is there any need to leave the money in there after 10/31? I don't see any requirement on the web page.

rated:
scanchain said:   Is there any need to leave the money in there after 10/31? I don't see any requirement on the web page.
From scanning threads on earlier similar offers, it looks like you can withdraw the bonus and your deposit as soon as the bonus is paid.  

rated:
Would the outgoing wire transfer fee of $30 apply to withdrawal of all funds after bonus is paid?

rated:
Flatbroke2 said:   Would the outgoing wire transfer fee of $30 apply to withdrawal of all funds after bonus is paid?
  I dont see why not. Consider ACH transfer instead.

rated:
When they say new, they mean it. Offer not valid for prior Discover savings customers. I recall getting a $300 bonus from them, but don't remember if it was for checking or savings...

rated:
Anyone know if my wife signs up and I transfer the $20K from my Discover Savings, will she still get the bonus?

rated:
tchen811 said:   Anyone know if my wife signs up and I transfer the $20K from my Discover Savings, will she still get the bonus?
  Why not transfer it to an external bank account and then to wife's Discover.
Although I didnt see it explicitly stated here, most such offers require money not already on deposit at the bank.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
tchen811 said:   Anyone know if my wife signs up and I transfer the $20K from my Discover Savings, will she still get the bonus?
  Why not transfer it to an external bank account and then to wife's Discover.
Although I didnt see it explicitly stated here, most such offers require money not already on deposit at the bank.

That's true... I just thought maybe I can cut out an additional transfer...

rated:
Thanks. I would rather do this than chase. They want NEW money and 90 day min

rated:
johnnybs said:   When they say new, they mean it. Offer not valid for prior Discover savings customers. I recall getting a $300 bonus from them, but don't remember if it was for checking or savings...
  Was it around Oct 2015?  I got a $300 for checking during that offer. Still have/use that account too   

rated:
Here's an alternative Discover bonus:

https://aaa.discoverbank.com/aaa/online-savings.html

rated:
Spooie said:   Here's an alternative Discover bonus:

If I already have a regular Savings a/c @ Discover, do I qualify for the bonus for this AAA Online Savings Account ?

And do I have to be an AAA member to apply for this a/c?

TIA  

rated:
confused200 said:   

If I already have a regular Savings a/c @ Discover, do I qualify for the bonus for this AAA Online Savings Account ?

TIA  

AAA is considered a separate type of account -- skip the AAA membership box (optional)

No problem doing both back in June when they had the $100 bonus on each -- Discover doesn't have any "new money" language so moved money from reg savings to AAA savings for the bonus (opened & funded reg savings, got reg bonus, opened AAA savings, moved money from reg to AAA account, got AAA bonus)

rated:
jatan1986 said:   
confused200 said:   

TIA  

AAA is considered a separate type of account -- skip the AAA membership box (optional)

No problem doing both back in June when they had the $100 bonus on each -- Discover doesn't have any "new money" language so moved money from reg savings to AAA savings for the bonus (opened & funded reg savings, got reg bonus, opened AAA savings, moved money from reg to AAA account, got AAA bonus)

How quickly after meeting the AAA Discover Savings requirements did you see the bonus in your account?

rated:
Before they were paying out quickly -- got both $100 bonuses in about 10 days

I don't think anyone's been paid quickly for this bonus -- you can search Doctor of Credit or Reddit thread for data points

rated:
If you are just trying to find the $150 for $15K/$200 for $20K bonus, just google for Discover Savings bonus. The ad at the top when I search gets www.discover.com/Savings/Promo which describes that bonus with the expectation that money is on deposit by 10/16.

I'm not sure if I used that specific link or not, but when I applied I got told that the promo code I was using was now invalid but I was presented with SAVE917D1 code that looked identical. It wasn't until I had finished that I noticed that its deposit date was 11/15/17. So, OK. I will just let it sit until about 11/1 before I fully fund it.

rated:
scanchain said:   Is there any need to leave the money in there after 10/31? I don't see any requirement on the web page.
  i think they pay the best interest rate in the market for savings bank accts

rated:
Is this a soft pull or a hard pull?
Edit : Never mind. Soft pull on doctor of credit

Where does it say anything about the extra percent for a full year?

rated:
bharatiya said:   
Where does it say anything about the extra percent for a full year?

I'm afraid there's a misunderstanding. They are not offering an extra percent -- I meant that the bonus of $200 was equivalent to an extra percent on a $20K deposit if you left it in there for a year.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017