• filter:

New Blue Delta SkyMiles AMEX - 10,000 Bonus Miles, No Annual Fee

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Title says it all.  AmEx debuted the Blue Delta SkyMiles credit card this week, offering two miles per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants and on Delta Air Lines Inc. purchases, and one mile per dollar spent everywhere else.  No annual fee and current sign-up bonus is 10,000 Skymiles after $500 in eligible purchases in the first 3 months.  If you don't mind the hit from the inquiry, it's an easy 10,000 SkyMiles.  Notice that the card doesn't offer free checked baggage like other airline cards though.

https://card.americanexpress.com/delta-blue/

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: TRAVEL DISCUSSION, FINANCE. — Sep. 20, 2017 @ 8:37am
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Much thanks - I just called in and had them change my Blue Delta to this "new" Blue Delta and had my fee returned.

rated:
This card sucks.
Delta sucks too.
If you apply for it,
I pity the fool!

rated:
... but downgrades and product conversions are A-OK.

rated:
scripta said:   ... but downgrades and product conversions are A-OK.
  correct ...these Sky pesos suck

rated:
dcwilbur said:   Title says it all.  AmEx debuted the Blue Delta SkyMiles credit card this week, offering two miles per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants and on Delta Air Lines Inc. purchases, and one mile per dollar spent everywhere else.  No annual fee and current sign-up bonus is 10,000 Skymiles after $500 in eligible purchases in the first 3 months.  If you don't mind the hit from the inquiry, it's an easy 10,000 SkyMiles.  Notice that the card doesn't offer free checked baggage like other airline cards though.

https://card.americanexpress.com/delta-blue/

rated:
I am sitting on about 60K Delta miles. If I want to go do Europe next Spring, as I'm considering, I can book a round trip direct flight to Amsterdam for 60K miles, with availability on numerous different days. (Plus $48.46 in fees.) Seems reasonable to me - not sure what's so awful about Delta's program. (I wish it allowed free changes and cancellations - but so be it.)

However, with the advent of Chase's 5/24 rule, I need to be picky with credit cards; two years ago, I probably would have gotten this card just for the 10K miles to pad the ones I have. But there are better cards. (Like the Alaska Airlines BofA card for example.) So I'll pass on this Delta Amex card - thanks!

rated:
ahallfatwallett said:   not sure what's so awful about Delta's programA history of devaluations and poor value for domestic flight redemptions. It's not bad for international, but if I'm going to accumulate any points at all, I'd rather accumulate points that have good value for any destination.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017