• filter:

150% Gain??? Apparently from BLOCKCHAIN? Did anyone else get this?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Did anyone else get the below email?  Do you think it's legit?

We are pleased to announce a new product - Blockchain Invest Fund, a reliable platform for small and medium-sized large-scale investments. The Fund's assets are diversified among emerging Forex positions at Blockchain Exchange. Deposits are risk-free insured by institutions such as the New York Stock Exchange.

Want to become a professional investor? 
Our first short-term investment program starts today - Get 150% after 5 days.
Investment offer is active from 05-Septembre 2017 18:00 Pacific until Septembre 10, 2017 18:00. 
Blockchain offers you a return of 150% for a period of 5 days. 
You can deposit today 0.10 minimum Bitcoins. Maximum amount of deposit by a natural or legal person is 20 Bitcoins. This is an amazing opportunity to win up to 30 Bitcoins per 5 days if you invest 20 Bitcoins. 

Investors who want to apply and invest on Blockchain, please make a Bitcoin transfer to: 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
My first reaction is SCAM. Limited time offer. No prospectus. Investments by Bitcoin only.
RUN AWAY. Do NOT walk.

rated:
Hmmm...

1. No company name
2. "small and medium-sized large-scale investments" contradicts itself
3. "Fund's assets are diversified among emerging Forex positions at Blockchain Exchange", I know what all of these words mean by themselves, but I have no idea what this sentence means
4. "Our first short-term investment program"... wait, is it a fund or a "program"? I have no idea what they're offering.
5. "Get 150% after 5 days." guaranteed returns? No such thing. If it were a one-time bonus, it would state so.
6. "Maximum amount of deposit by a natural or legal person is 20 Bitcoins." Meaningless legalese to make it sound legit and also nudge you to "invest" the "maximum"
7. "win up to 30 Bitcoins"... wait, is it a fund, a program, or a lottery?
8. "make a Bitcoin transfer", yep totally legit way to invest
9. A simple something search reveals that this scam has been around for over a year: bitcointalk.org, another bitcointalk.org, steemit.com

rated:
The gullibility-greed relationship of people who otherwise are reasonably intelligent never ceases to amaze me.

rated:
I have a family member who would totally fall for this. There's a subset of the population who have an inability to see anything in that email except 150% return in 5 days.

rated:
"Deposits are risk-free insured by institutions such as the New York Stock Exchange."

I didn't realize that the NYSE was in the business of insuring deposits.

rated:
I am now retired on my private island because I got in this on time.

Don't listen to the naysayers. They are not smart and brave like you.

rated:
comprx said:   The gullibility-greed relationship of people who otherwise are reasonably intelligent never ceases to amaze me.
  But they're only wanting .10 to 20 bitcoins.  That's a small amount to risk on the chance it's legit, kind of like a lottery ticket.

Oh, bitcoins are worth over $4,000 each you say?  When priced that way it no longer feels like pocket change.  Aside from the lack of recourse in a bitcoin transfer, there's a reason they quoted the "offer" in bitcoin denominations.

rated:
There's a whole spectrum of these now, all the way from probable scams (like this one), to plain old bad investments.  Here's one of those - http://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-the-dumbest-bitcoin-bet...

rated:
I read the title and glimpsed the OP and then saw the OP's name. That was enough to disregard this as bunk.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017