• filter:

equifaxsecurity2017.com

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
guys - my 4 year old kid shows as possibly impacted on their website but when i go to enroll for their monitoring services, they said minors not allowed to sign up. Any solution?

Thx

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
The site shows everyone as impacted. You can enter a random name and SSN and it will show as impacted. Your 4-year old does not have a credit report, that is unless you committed fraud and used his SSN for something. He has nothing to worry about. 

rated:
i'm just trying to prevent anybody from opening up a credit line on my 4 year old. I did search for the whole family and 3 out of 7 adults are impacted

rated:
lodak008 said:   i'm just trying to prevent anybody from opening up a credit line on my 4 year old. I did search for the whole family and 3 out of 7 adults are impacted

I'd recommend Metamucil.

rated:
Get your kids actual credit report. Don't bother with equifaxes poorly secured offer.
If there's something on your kids credit that you don't recognize, do something about

rated:
lodak008 said:   i'm just trying to prevent anybody from opening up a credit line on my 4 year old. I did search for the whole family and 3 out of 7 adults are impactedThe right thing to do is to obtain all the credit reports for your child, remove anything that shouldn't be there, then place a credit freeze with all agencies.

rated:
lodak008 said:   i'm just trying to prevent anybody from opening up a credit line on my 4 year old. I did search for the whole family and 3 out of 7 adults are impacted

They'll all appreciate that, by entering their information, you may have just waived their rights to sue Equifax in the future...

Which is another reason I don't see Equifax getting away with that tactic...anyone can enter anything and opt someone else out.

rated:
It says my cat is impacted and I don't even have a cat!

rated:
mikk1 said:   lodak008 said:   i'm just trying to prevent anybody from opening up a credit line on my 4 year old. I did search for the whole family and 3 out of 7 adults are impacted

They'll all appreciate that, by entering their information, you may have just waived their rights to sue Equifax in the future...

Which is another reason I don't see Equifax getting away with that tactic...anyone can enter anything and opt someone else out.

You only agree to the arbitration terms if you sign up for their unsecure security servic.

rated:
imbatman said:   

You only agree to the arbitration terms if you sign up for their unsecure security servic.

Equifax is now claiming that doesn't apply to the security breach, apparently due to the huge backlash on social media. Somehow I'm not sure I want to believe them, I'm just checking Credit Karma regularly. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017