• filter:

Transfer of points from Chase Sapphire Visa to Chase Visa Freedom question

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I have some unused points with my Chase Sapphire Visa that I would like to transfer to Chase Visa Freedom and then redeem the total from Chase Visa Freedom. Does Chase allow such transfers of points?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Yes, you can combine points. I do this all time. You should see that option on one of the drop-down menus.

rated:
Sure. I do it both ways, since I'll be cancelling my sapphire soon I'll transfer all to freedom.

rated:
freebirdy said:   Sure. I do it both ways, since I'll be cancelling my sapphire soon I'll transfer all to freedom.

So when you move them to freedom, are you pretty much getting 1cent per point? I thought it was better to go other way - transfer all freedom points to Sapphire and then from Sapphire to a mileage program (e.g. Southwest) where the value of your point is more than 1cent.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   
freebirdy said:   Sure. I do it both ways, since I'll be cancelling my sapphire soon I'll transfer all to freedom.

So when you move them to freedom, are you pretty much getting 1cent per point? I thought it was better to go other way - transfer all freedom points to Sapphire and then from Sapphire to a mileage program (e.g. Southwest) where the value of your point is more than 1cent.

Unless they're planning to open a new sapphire in the future.  Of course then there's still not a reason to - better to convert their existing sapphire to another freedom than to close it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017