• filter:

Initial deposit via Amex - please recommend bank

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I have just four days to spend $1000 on my Amex to get a sign-up bonus. I am thinking of opening a bank account and use the card for the initial deposit. Could someone please recommend a bank that would accept Amex for an initial deposit for $1000? Or are there any other liquid ways to use your credit card for the sign-up bonus?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

rated:
You have PM.

rated:
Grocery store gift cards.

rated:
A bank may not process the transaction in time (any number of reasons -- small bank, manual transaction processing, manual review, etc).

rated:
The easiest way is to just go to a drugstore or grocer and buy 2x500 visa gift cards. Don't worry about liquidation. Just spend them later.

rated:
billybwilde said:   Grocery store gift cards.
Or gift cards for gas, or airline tickets, or hotels, or any other consumable that you regularly use.  Or pay your electric bill, or your phone bill, or your car insurance...

I can't believe how much trouble some people have spending money.  If you get in a real jam, just send me your credit card number.  My wife will get you that sign-up bonus in no time.

rated:
Funding bank opening deposit via CC is not very common
The few who do allow usually take only Visa and/or MC.
They usually limit the dollar amount to small amount.

1k on AM3X, within four days (and publicly shared on FWF)---chances are very slim to none.

rated:
Put a deposit down on Tesla 3, The $1,000 is refundable....just make sure you use or transfer the points.

rated:
pay next months bills etc 1k shouldnt be too hard

rated:
vovito said:   I have just four days to spend $1000 on my Amex to get a sign-up bonus. 
  So some household Staples with an unlimited shelf life? TP & PT, cat litter, motor oil, 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017