• filter:

Is it time to sign up for the Chase Southwest 110 CP deal again?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I can't believe I'm confused about this, since I think I'm a smart person and have already done it once, but I still am uncertain.  

18 months ago I signed up for the Plus Personal and Premier Business Chase SW cards.  Got the 110k points and got the CP, and used it tons throughout 2016 and 2017.  A year ago I closed the Personal account, but have kept using the Premier Business account to this day.   I have 3 opened credit accounts in the past 24 months, so I am good as far as the Chase 5/24 rule goes.  From what I understand, Chase is again offering the 60K bonus on all the 4 SW cards, but the offer only goes to October 4.  So what I'm trying to figure out is the next step - (1) do I wait until Sept 30 to apply for two new cards?  Since I already did the two I did, (2) do I now have to apply instead for the Plus Business and RR Premier Personal cards?  (3) Is the goal then to spend more than 2K on each of those cards sometime during December so that the points hit the account in January 2018?  (4) Is it important (helpful, necessary, not?) to move the payment date from whatever it is to 3 weeks later so that it is more certain that the points would hit in 2018?

Sorry for so many questions, but it seems like you kinda have one shot to get this right and the timing is very important.  Any advice is appreciated!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I'm not aware of any plus business card that has ever existed. As far as I know, there are only 3 cards... Plus/Premier personal, and Premier business. So if you did 2 cards 18 months ago, then you either need to wait until mid next year (and only get 1.5 years from the CP) or you need to wait until the end of next year to line up your CP for 2019/2020.

rated:
Ah, I didn't realize there was a 2 year wait. So having my wife do it is probably the best option if we want to get it done for 2018. Thanks! Any input on the rest of the questions, giving that change of plans? Wife would certainly not have to wait until mid 2018.

rated:
Don't time the posting date so close to the beginning of January. I would be certain to not make my final purchases to the $110k mark until clearly into Jan 2018. It would suck for some strange posting date/quirk to have your points post in December and risk receiving your Companion Pass in December and miss out on a whole year. Given that you have 3 months to meet the bonus deadline, make sure to time it so your $110k points don't finalize posting until at least Jan 2018.

Since the 60k signup is expiring soon, open one card now with the higher bonus but wait until beginning of Nov to open the 2nd/3rd cards to ensure the bonuses don't post until after Dec 2017.

rated:
Also, you have to be UNDER 5 accounts in the last 24 months. You can open your 4th card ok, but you need to wait until another passes 24 months or you will be denied for your 5th card.

rated:

rated:
Corndogg said:   Also, you have to be UNDER 5 accounts in the last 24 months. You can open your 4th card ok, but you need to wait until another passes 24 months or you will be denied for your 5th card.

I have 3 right now, but I read elsewhere that as long as the second new Chase SW account you apply for is your 5th or fewer, you'll be fine.  Conflicting info.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017