• filter:

Unauthorized ach bounced my account

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I had an unauthorized ach from THE PROFFESIONAL for 807.07 I never heard of this or authorized it I don't know how this happened?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Sounds like you need to contact your financial institution about a fraudulent charge. What kind of account is it?

rated:
This is scary stuff because it can be hard to recover the money. It reminds to take excess money out of accounts that are vulnerable to unauthorized ACH....

rated:
Checking

rated:
sschalk said:   I had an unauthorized ach from THE PROFFESIONAL for 807.07 I never heard of this or authorized it I don't know how this happened?
  Contact your bank ASAP, we are NOT your bank.

rated:
How isn't so important from your perspective. Be sure to report it In writing in addition to however else you contact them. There's a strict deadline on reporting billing or EFT errors, and I think it's 60 days or less.

rated:
Most likely you will have to close the account and open another one. It is similar to bogus checks that we received for our business. Someone presented checks (using routing and account number) to Chase (via Check cashing) and Chase sent to our bank. We caught the first one when it cleared and our bank put hold on the account after we called. After that, about $60,000 worth bogus checks came from Chase to our bank. Our bank had to fight with Chase to get money back for the first one.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017