• filter:
  • 1348349350351 352
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
JaxFL said:   
solarUS said:   currently buying a property in KS. title company is not providing me with a fully completed HUD-1...they say I can see the buyer's side, but not the seller's side until after closing. is this typical? I have only ever bought property in LA and MS.

seems odd. the seller has 2016 taxes due, noted on the title, but I can't necessarily confirm that they are being paid at closing.

††
Dont see how them showing you the sellers side would change your contract or the outcome. Never had issue 24 hrs prior to closing. †If your concerned about taxes or other liens Id check/inquire the actual title policy you are getting to see what exclusions there are, as if taxes aren't being paid and they can affect title then the title company would likely have excluded from your policy.†

Seeing the taxes paid on the HUD-1 shows me that they have at least collected them.

In this county, the taxes are paid in arrears and in two different payments. the second half isn't even due until May 2017. weird, I know.

The title insurance policy I am getting says this:

7. General taxes and special assessments for the fiscal year 2016 in the original amount of $XXXX
First Installment: $XXXX, PAID
Second Installment: $XXXX, PAYABLE
Property I.D. # XXXXX

8. Taxes are checked as a courtesy. Information is provided by the County Treasurerís
Office on Date of Title Search. Abstracter cannot guarantee accuracy of Tax Records or
validity of funds presented for payment. The Company will not be liable for Nuisance
Taxes that are not of public record at time of title commitment/policy.

Back to the original question though - Has anyone ever been NOT shown the seller's side of the HUD-1 before closing?

rated:
well, some resolution....i pushed, and they agreed to show both sides of the settlement statement. so, dunno what that was all about.

rated:
Insurance sent a notice of non renewal on a rental. Upon calling they said that their inspectors did a drive by and reported that roof looked old so they won't renew (due next month). We sent our handyman over to look. No leaks, some patch work may be needed..nothing urgent. Insurance says either we replace the roof or get a certificate of reasonable life expectancy. Cannot get any roofer for weeks due to California rains.

Have you ever come across this? Is changing the company the best way out right now

rated:
needdealsnow said:   Insurance sent a notice of non renewal on a rental. Upon calling they said that their inspectors did a drive by and reported that roof looked old so they won't renew (due next month). We sent our handyman over to look. No leaks, some patch work may be needed..nothing urgent. Insurance says either we replace the roof or get a certificate of reasonable life expectancy. Cannot get any roofer for weeks due to California rains.

Have you ever come across this? Is changing the company the best way out right now

††

My mom bought a foreclosure and the insurance company sent a guy out 3 weeks ago and just sent her notice of cancellation due to the following: †Sides needing power washing, screen door needs repair...heat source in external detached garage could not be verified and dwelling appears to be under insured....WTF

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1348349350351 352
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017