• Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
rufflesinc said:   JaxFL said:   rufflesinc said:   
henry33 said:   
rufflesinc said:   
solarUS said:   

pocket listings can be nice, but i always feel like there are too many agents to know where the next one will come from. 

what do you mean by this?

Pocket listings are listings that the agent has, but hasn't put on the MLS market yet. They would normally go around and check with all their regular clients before putting it on MLS. You get the full commission because you don't share a pocket listing with another agent so there's no fee splitting. There are thousands of agents in a metro area so good luck trying to contact all of them and being told when a property that might fit your criteria comes into their hands. 

I emailed close to a thousand of them so far and that was just about a quarter of the metro, got ten or so serious responses. I figure I'll send out an email every month or so, kinda like how agents send me slick mailings offering to sell my house 

Why dont you just contact people who have Lis Pendens filed on them and work that angle, either outright, contract for deed, or ummm subject to.  What youre referring to is a crapshoot, too many variables and pocket listing doesnt equal bargain.

at least so I can have first shot before all the bidding and h&b

You'd probably have better luck with ( legit) wholesalers.

There are a couple in my area that send me good leads.....however you have to act fast, most sell for cash within hours.

Pocket listings have come under a lot of scrutiny in recent years. Our MLS requires us to have the property listed within 2 business days in the MLS or face fines. The thought is that pocket listings are not in the best interests of the seller....and they obviously aren't based upon what you are trying to do here.

I doubt you'll get a lot of positive responses from agents, they've probably been told no-no already on this practice.

rated:
I don't know the rules for how pocket listings can work. I do know they exist and account for a decent amount of sales. My agent has brought me on average more than one a year, but i've only taken him up on 3.

So far I've gotten around 20 responses from agents, but none have been along the lines of "no, sorry, against the rules."

Where would you suggest I find a legit wholesaler? I have only loked on craigslist

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1341342343344 345
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016