• filter:
  • 155565758 59
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Treffen said:   
Former3g said:   Penfed has the 1 Year @ 1.36% APY and 15 Month @ 1.41%. Any negative experiences in here with PenFed CD's? I already have my 5/5 Mortgage with them and have been a member for nearly a decade.
  No.

Thank you.  Still trying to look at my options as I found a couple of other decent ones.  Tough trying to decide especially considering rates may sneak up again soon but I think I will be safe with a 12 to 15 month CD.

rated:
Former3g said:   
Treffen said:   
Former3g said:   Penfed has the 1 Year @ 1.36% APY and 15 Month @ 1.41%. Any negative experiences in here with PenFed CD's? I already have my 5/5 Mortgage with them and have been a member for nearly a decade.
  No.

Thank you.  Still trying to look at my options as I found a couple of other decent ones.  Tough trying to decide especially considering rates may sneak up again soon but I think I will be safe with a 12 to 15 month CD.

I don't see anything better.  I'm going to go park a few bucks in one of those.  Thanks for binging them to my attention.

rated:
Synchrony Bank: 1.45% for 24 months.
https://www.synchronybank.com/banking/products/cd/

rated:
Looks like Andrews FCU CD specials are gone

rated:
americano said:   Looks like Andrews FCU CD specials are gone
If you go through the process of openning an additional account, the 3% still pops up as an option to select, even though it is not advertised.  I didn't go through the entire process but I do see that option on my accounts.  

rated:
IS the andrews fcu still working and how do you do that if already a member? Do you become one again?

rated:
They said to me they would honor the rate as long as my membership application was received and pending by last year. They have this stupid limit on ACH from external institution of 1005 dollars when you open up a new CD - and I had no interest in opening a CD for only 1005 dollars. So, they said to go ahead in 3 separate steps accomplish the process -
1.) open up membership with just a single savings account - fund it with just 10 bucks (submitted the app before dec 31 last year)
2.) transfer all the money you want to fund the CD into savings account
3.) open a CD by funding from your own savings account.

I was able to apply for the CD (step 3 above) yesterday.(though technically, I saw that the apy was 3 percent not 3.01.. not gonna quibble of .01 percent difference)

rated:
BCB Community Bank 17 Month CD 1.74% APY Min $17,000

They have offices in NJ, & NY, they are online also!
https://www.bcbcommunitybank.com  Tel No 1-800-680-6872

It was in today's (1/12/17) Home News.

I called the BCB bank today. They said it was a special, so that's why it's not listed on their site. It's still in effect. Tel No 1-800-680-6872

Moderator Comment: Mod Note: Fixed Link. — Jan. 16, 2017 @ 9:57pm
rated:
Penfed Five year CD now at 2.28% APY

rated:
Andrews 84 month (7 year) at 3% is still available. It does not look like its a special anymore; but rather permanently available.
If you keep it for around 2 years and give up 6 months interest penalty, I think you would effectively still get about 2.25% APY.

rated:
justdoit said:   Andrews 84 month (7 year) at 3% is still available. It does not look like its a special anymore; but rather permanently available.
If you keep it for around 2 years and give up 6 months interest penalty, I think you would effectively still get about 2.25% APY.

Looks like it's only available as an IRA.  

EDIT: Looks like justdoit was correct and the 3% CD is available for non-IRA accounts as well. My apologies.

rated:
CSR on phone today said it is not available

rated:
Ally.com
Raise Your Rate CD
2yr 1.3%
4yr 1.4%

Start with a great rate, plus have the opportunity to increase your rate once over the 2-year term or twice over the 4-year term if our rate for your term and balance tier goes up on these CDs.
•Early withdrawal penalty will apply

rated:
Capital One 360 online savings is currently paying 1.45% on a 2 yr CD.

rated:
Andrews FCU has added back 3% CDs 84 mo

rated:
When does the Andrews 84month opportunity end. Is it a promo?

rated:
i have same ?

rated:
Andrews FCU hikes 12-Month Jumbo Share CD rate to 1.45% APY, 10K minimum deposit

Andrews also has a 12-Month (non-jumbo) CD at 1.41% APY, 1K minimum deposit

rated:
Any way around the $5 membership fee for American Consumer Council (to join Andrews FCU)?

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   Any way around the $5 membership fee for American Consumer Council (to join Andrews FCU)?

Other than joining the ACC,

Residency - Individuals who live, work, worship, or attend school in Washington, D.C. qualify for membership.
Military Relationship - Civilian and military personnel of Joint Base Andrews, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, and military installations in central Germany, Belgium, and The Netherlands are also eligible to join.
Employment/Association - More than 200 groups in Maryland, New Jersey, and Virginia offer Andrews Federal Credit Union membership as a benefit.
Family Membership - Immediate family members (spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild) of an existing member, or household members of an existing member are eligible to join. 

rated:
So if someone here could adopt me into their household I'd appreciate it.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   So if someone here could adopt me into their household I'd appreciate it.
Just use the promo code "consumer" on the American Consumer Council membership form and it should be free.  

rated:
Over the weekend, VirtualBank raised the rates on its shorter-term eCDs: 6-month eCD (1.11% APY), 9-month eCD (1.16% APY), and 12-month eCD (1.34% APY) 

The minimum opening deposit for any of VirtualBank’s eCDs is $10k, with no stated balance cap. Interest is compounded and credited monthly.

rated:
Ohio-based Third Federal Savings & Loan (Third Federal) began the week by promoting a trio of CD Specials: 17-month (1.20%), 38-month (1.75% APY), and 66-month (2.10% APY). The minimum deposit is $500, with no stated balance cap. Of the three, the 38-month CD Special is the most competitive. Available nationwide.

rated:
INOVA Federal Credit Union (INOVA) is offering a 14-month Certificate Special (1.75% APY) to commemorate its 75th Anniversary. The minimum opening deposit is $200 of new money, with no stated balance cap. The 14-month Certificate Special is also available as an IRA (Traditional, Roth, CESA), earning the same APY, with the same funding requirements. Easy membership requirements.

rated:
Ally Bank is now offering a limited-time promotional rate 13-month CD at 1.25% APY. No minimum opening deposit or balance cap.

rated:
Sorry if this has already been posted, but while looking for the best place to park some money, I found that Melrose FCU has been conserved by the NCUA as of 2/10/17. Just so you know.....

http://www.melrosecu.org/melrose-conservatorship/

rated:
Colorado Federal Savings Bank has the top internet bank 1-year CD at 1.35% APY with $5K minimum deposit & no stated balance cap. Availability is nationwide.

rated:
lavoy said:   Sorry if this has already been posted, but while looking for the best place to park some money, I found that Melrose FCU has been conserved by the NCUA as of 2/10/17. Just so you know.....

http://www.melrosecu.org/melrose-conservatorship/

Melrose is one of four CUs in the NYC area that are suffering from problems with their taxi medallion loans.
http://www.cutimes.com/2016/07/18/melrose-cu-ceo-alan-kaufman-departs   

rated:
PenFed has the 15 month @ 1.41% APY, is this a good deal? I want to invest some money.

rated:
sardarji
"is this a good deal?"

I hope so.  I bought one about two weeks ago.

rated:
New internet bank PurePoint Financial is offering a 12-Month CD at 1.40% APY with a $10k minimum deposit.

Link 

rated:
First Internet Bank is now offering a 48-month CD at 1.87% APY with a $1k minimum deposit and no stated balance cap.

rated:
https://www.purepoint.com/ best rate thus far

rated:
Removed2020 said:   https://www.purepoint.com/ best rate thus far
Yes, 1.25% APY for High Yield Savings and 1.4% APY for a one year CD and 1.5% APY for a two year. High rate but no sign up bonuses available, They are mostly an Internet Bank but do have a few branches here and there (in Texas, Florida, Chicago, and New York).They are part of Japanese bank which is one of the biggest banks in the world and the owner of Union Bank in California. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017