• filter:
  • 1129130131132 133
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Argyll said:   
You only named one advantage of the Chase Ink card.  I spend far more at the supermarket than on cell phone, internet, cable, etc. and you probably do as well.   My cell phone, landline, internet cable combined is about $130 a month.  Supermarket spending (including prescriptions. take-out, cleaning supplies, etc.) is  $600-$800 a month.

I don't.  You must have missed my earlier post.  I spend < $30/month at the supermarket.  ($28.70 in Feb, $20.97 in March according to my Blue Cash Everyday statement).
I charge all my groceries to BCE for the 3% and as a way of keeping track of spending. 
I don't pay for cleaning supplies (drug store shopper & Staple-r).   Rx co-payments come out of FSA.
Cell phone, landline & internet combined is probably $45/mo.  Supermarket spending & rx's $45/mo at the most. 
My largest monthly "expense" is  the ~ $500/mo I spend at Staples -- that's the reason I have Chase Ink, for 5% back on office supplies.

eta: I do taste testing and they compensate us with Amazon gc

rated:
You do know with almost all FSA you can pay for the things on your credit card, then request a cash reimbursement from the company right? You dont have to use the debit card they issue you.

rated:
That's how I do it;  pay w/ cc and submit receipts for reimbursement. But since I don't fill rx's at supermarket I don't use BCE to pay for them.

rated:
My Discover miles promo is ending in two months (3% back). Anyone know of a good replacement card? I do not travel much, so travel credits aren't going to work. Am I stuck with the Citi DC as my only replacement?

rated:
Greatness said:   My Discover miles promo is ending in two months (3% back). Anyone know of a good replacement card? I do not travel much, so travel credits aren't going to work. Am I stuck with the Citi DC as my only replacement?

I signed my spouse up. If you don't already have it, you could also get the Discover It 5% categories card, the 1% would double to 2% for the first year (as a friend for a referral link). Or one a 2% card (Citi, as you mentioned, or Fidelity Visa).

rated:
doveroftke said:   Greatness said:   My Discover miles promo is ending in two months (3% back). Anyone know of a good replacement card? I do not travel much, so travel credits aren't going to work. Am I stuck with the Citi DC as my only replacement?

I signed my spouse up. If you don't already have it, you could also get the Discover It 5% categories card, the 1% would double to 2% for the first year (as a friend for a referral link). Or one a 2% card (Citi, as you mentioned, or Fidelity Visa).

Or the Blispay 2% card, or the FNBO 2% card. The 2% category is getting crowded.

rated:
doveroftke said:   
Greatness said:   My Discover miles promo is ending in two months (3% back). Anyone know of a good replacement card? I do not travel much, so travel credits aren't going to work. Am I stuck with the Citi DC as my only replacement?

Yep, already signed up for the Discover IT card.  That expires for me next month.    

rated:
jruser said:   
doveroftke said:   

Or the Blispay 2% card, or the FNBO 2% card. The 2% category is getting crowded.

Blispay requires you to have a mobile phone for text messages.  Make what you will of that.  

rated:
  hmm maybe the U.S. bank cash+ card, it get 5% on up to $2000 per quarter on two categories. 9 months at 0% APR on purchases.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1129130131132 133
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016