• filter:
  • 1135136137138 139
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
SPG Amex has upped their offer to 35k bonus Starwood points for new applications (25k for 3k spend in first 3 months, and then 10k more for another 2k spend after that within 6 months total). With the Marriott partnership this offers around 120k Marriott points. Bonus available to those who haven't got this card already. If you are referred in, the person referring you gets 5k bonus points (though I don't think the applicant gets anything extra)

rated:
Navy Federal Visa cashRewards is offering double cashback for purchases at warehouse clubs through 2017. That's 3%, even better than Costco's 2% card. They name Costco, BJ's, Sam's Club, and Costco Gas as eligible for the 3%, but online purchases are not eligible.

https://www.navyfederal.org/products-services/cards/creditcards/...

rated:
Argyll said:   Navy Federal Visa cashRewards is offering double cashback for purchases at warehouse clubs through 2017. That's 3%, even better than Costco's 2% card. They name Costco, BJ's, Sam's Club, and Costco Gas as eligible for the 3%, but online purchases are not eligible.

https://www.navyfederal.org/products-services/cards/creditcards/wholesale.php?intcmp=hp|hero|2|crcd|warehouseclubs|02/08/2017|||

Discover's at 5% up to 1500 at warehouse clubs this quarter and a new 1500 next quarter as well.

rated:
Argyll said:   Navy Federal Visa cashRewards is offering double cashback for purchases at warehouse clubs through 2017. That's 3%, even better than Costco's 2% card. They name Costco, BJ's, Sam's Club, and Costco Gas as eligible for the 3%, but online purchases are not eligible.

https://www.navyfederal.org/products-services/cards/creditcards/wholesale.php?intcmp=hp|hero|2|crcd|warehouseclubs|02/08/2017|||

Anybody know if they cap spending? I spend a ton at Costco, like almost $1m a year for my business. Seems like they would shut me down...

rated:
I would like suggestions for a Visa card based on the following scenario:
​1.  I have one Chase Visa card with a 3.99% interest rate, which ticks them off thoroughly since I locked it in probably 15+ years ago with an AF, and they can't change the interest rate (Libor plus some % amount) unless I do something stupid like miss a payment or change anything about it). 
​2.  Chase will absolutely not raise my limit on the above card.
​3.  We have no other credit bills or loans - car and truck paid for, house paid for, excellent credit rating.
​4.  We are both now on Social Security, current income $2K/month.
​5.  My husband was just approved for Disability, and our income will go up to approx. $2,400/month once the paperwork is finished.  He will also get a settlement amount of backpay for the last 2 years, hopefully within the next 2 to 4 months or whenever the paperwork is finished.
​6.  2003 Truck had to have $2700 of repair work this week, my 2005 car needs work, plus I need about $1600 dental work which I've been putting off. 
​7.  I'm looking for a Visa CC that has 0% interest for X months (the longer the better) with a $10K credit limit.  We intend to use it to take care of the above expenses and pay it off in full and cut it up as soon as my husband's backpay comes in. We pay cash as much as possible.  And if there's one with a nice sign-up bonus, that would be icing on the cake. 
​Thanks for any suggestions and/or advice.

rated:
I just signed up for the Barclay travel rewards credit card. 0% APR for the first year. Annual fee waived for the first year. Bonus of 50K travel points after $3000 spent in the first 3 months - worth approx. 3 one way flights domestic or $500 ish. You can do as im planning and use the credit card and cancel within the first year. 0% works well for your current spending needs. I chose Barclay because i reached the Chase limit.

https://home.barclaycardus.com/cards/barclaycard-arrival-plus-wo...

rated:
Last April, I did three cards. Chase and BAC were low ball credit limits. Barclay provided double the credit limit provided by each of  the other two.
Barclay Ring is the current favorite of what they offer. 15 months same as cash and/or 0% Balance Transfer with no BT fee. Will they give dionaea the credit limit they want? I do not know, but I would consider a BT of the Chase card which dionaea does not identify the remaining balance. Be mindful Libor is increasing the last six months.

https://home.barclaycardus.com/cards/barclaycard-ring-mastercard.html 

==
I have the 1.5% cash back Barclaycard CashForward™ World MasterCard which has a 3% balance transfer fee, but $100.00 if you spend $500.00 which dionaea indicates they will do. It appears they dropped the so many months same as cash. I would be tempted to use the card month to month long enough for the Social Secutity money to come in. The current new account terms are different than when I got mine.

http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/?campa... 

rated:
imbatman said:   if there's no language about it anywhere, they should honor it. if there's a weblink in what you received, make sure to check that page too
I looked online too using the RSVP code on the mailer.
However, I have been reading on DoC that people have had their bonus clawed back even without the once in a lifetime bonus language.

rated:
I am currently 4/24 for Chase Cards.
I have been thinking of applying for another Chase card before applying for Merrill Lynch MERRILL+ Visa – 50,000 Points bonus offer.
Recently I got Chase Southwest Personal Plus/Premier for 50,000 PP Points and thinking of applying for Chase Southwest Business Premier for 60,000 Points to get Companion pass.
Is there any other offer from Chase I should go for (?Chase Ink Preferred) instead since I can only apply for one more Chase card till July this year?

rated:
marcopolomle said:   I am currently 4/24 for Chase Cards.
I have been thinking of applying for another Chase card before applying for Merrill Lynch MERRILL+ Visa – 50,000 Points bonus offer.
Recently I got Chase Southwest Personal Plus/Premier for 50,000 PP Points and thinking of applying for Chase Southwest Business Premier for 60,000 Points to get Companion pass.
Is there any other offer from Chase I should go for (?Chase Ink Preferred) instead since I can only apply for one more Chase card till July this year?

Chase Sapphire Reserve in branch available until 3/12/17 is offering 100K ultimate reward points, $300 travel credit. Companion pass if you plan on doing a lot of SW flights with someone else can be quite valuable so really depends on what your plans are.

rated:
bc3000 said:   
marcopolomle said:   I am currently 4/24 for Chase Cards.

Chase Sapphire Reserve in branch available until 3/12/17 is offering 100K ultimate reward points, $300 travel credit. Companion pass if you plan on doing a lot of SW flights with someone else can be quite valuable so really depends on what your plans are.

My apologies, I should have mentioned that I already got Chase Sapphire Reserve (hence my 4/24 status).
I was looking for suggestions for any other (or better) offer than Chase Southwest Business Premier but if there is none than I will go for it since having 110,000 SWRR points can be quite useful especially with a 2 year companion pass.

rated:
Added a couple of cards to the QS:

2.5% USAA Limitless Cashback Rewards Visa Signature - Flat 2.5% on everything. No annual fee. No foreign transaction fees. Must have a USAA checking account with a qualifying direct deposit of at least $1,000 every month. Must be a full USAA member. Must reside in AL, AZ, CO, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KS, LA, MI, NM, NV, NY, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX or WA (it will become available in additional states at a later date).

2% PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa - 1.5% on everything + an additional 0.5% if you maintain a PenFed Access America Checking Account (daily balance of $500 or a monthly direct deposit of $500 needed to avoid a $10 monthly fee) or are an active duty or retired member of the military.

rated:
Now that Sallie Mae is doing away with their 5% groceries, what no annual fee credit card is best for Groceries/Super WalMart?

rated:
Sallie Mae Commence 2% groceries unlimited?

rated:
Argyll said:   Sallie Mae Commence 2% groceries unlimited?
  You can get 2% on all purchases on lots of cards.

rated:
yurgreat said:   Now that Sallie Mae is doing away with their 5% groceries, what no annual fee credit card is best for Groceries/Super WalMart
 There is a thread with nearly 250 replies discussing this: www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1546470/

rated:
stanolshefski said:   
Argyll said:   Sallie Mae Commence 2% groceries unlimited?
  You can get 2% on all purchases on lots of cards.

Lots?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1135136137138 139
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017