Sogoinvest Vs. SogoElite

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi,
Has anyone noticed the SogoElite account offered by Sogo? Since I am a low-volume trader, $0.004/share commission rates plus $1 sounds pretty attractive to me. However, I viewed and compared the demo for Sogoinvest vs SogoElite, and I couldn't figure out if I can place the order during off-hours in SogoElite. (It carries a very cool real-time trading interface though.) Anyone want to throw in two cents?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i too am very interested in this new sogo elite. is there anyway wher eyou can change over your regular account to an elite account? I want to trade some OTC BB stocks which are not available for regular sogoinvest.

You should probably call.

I don't see why they wouldn't change the account but even if they don't there is no balance requirement for the regular Sogo Account.

timothy86 said:
I don't see why they wouldn't change the account but even if they don't there is no balance requirement for the regular Sogo Account.

Both types of accounts have a $500 minimum opening balance.

You can find that here in the Account & Maintenance tab.

I assume the minimum may apply again if you request to open a SogoElite account and transfer the SogoInvest account assets to the SogoElite account. You do need to call them if it is an issue.

Dracolith said: timothy86 said:

Both types of accounts have a $500 minimum opening balance.

You can find that here in the Account & Maintenance tab.

I assume the minimum may apply again if you request to open a SogoElite account and transfer the SogoInvest account assets to the SogoElite account. You do need to call them if it is an issue.

Just as you wrote that is just the "opening balance." They do not charge you for having an account with less than $500, I know because I've had my account sitting with $1 for the past few months and they don't charge you.

I tried to call CSR but no one picked up the phone. However someone did respond to my email. She said I couldn't place orders during off-hours. I also noticed there's no direct deposit via ACH; you do have to mail the check.

I just applied for a sogoelite account. After it gets approved, i will be doing an internal transfer of assets since i have a regular sogoinvest account already. I'm not a day trader, but I will buy and sell within a couple of days time. I just wanted the options of buying OTC BB stocks. I'll let everyone know how the platform is and if i am able to log into the website and execute trades there too.

I applied for a Sogo Elite account yesterday late afternoon. As of this writing, I haven't received any sort of email or phone confirmation that my application has been received, which strikes me as odd. Is this what everyone else experienced? Unfortunately, I can't call them until later today.

Update: turns out my account was activated, but I was never sent an email confirmation. I was able to call Sogo and have them resend the activation email.

I've sent two support emails before and never received a reply. Telephone support was also difficult to reach - when I called (Monday morning), their general support line was "off the hook" according to a pre-recorded error message - I had to connect to an operator and ask to be rerouted.

Unlike SogoInvest, you cannot fund a SogoElite account with ACH - you must mail a check or wire funds.

can anyone give an update on the elite?
thanks!

what do you want to know about it? If you take a look at the videos on their website it works. I have both the SogoElite and the regular SogoInvest account. The thing is that for SogoElite, when you want to trade stocks, you need to have the application installed on the computer, while with the regular SogoInvest, you can log in anywhere in the world and trade your positions. The only thing I like about Elite is that it offers OTC BB trading. The regular account doesn't offer that yet.

Anyone else have more experience with SogoElite?

I still haven't opened an account, I've been pretty happy with my regular account but I'm interested in how that trading platform you get with SogoElite is?

now that Zecco betrayed us (no more 40 free trades), its time to look into this.

is there any paper forms that needs to be mailed in for any one of the sogoinvest or sogoelite when opening an account?

also how is its execution speed?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017