Multiple Pulls Increasing B* Speed

Archived From: Finance
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
If you started pulling soft credit pulls from more than one site wouldn't it speed up the bumpage process? An example is if you did pulls from both privacyguard and TrueCredit on the same day wouldn't that then cut the time to bump things off in half?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
EX is not bumpable, so it is useless. You can access your EX report for free anyway (backdoor).

74ak (Dec. 05, 2008 @ 11:50a) |

What's the backdoor method?

jevon90 (Dec. 07, 2008 @ 11:55p) |

dispute balance for a card which you've recently sent payment (payment has reduced balance of card but bank has not yet ... (more)

jackcrawfish (Dec. 08, 2008 @ 8:31a) |

Q: What is Bumpage?
A: Bumpage is the process of pulling your own credit report repeatedly, and in the process generating a lot of soft pulls, which can knock the hard pulls off of your credit report.

Q: Why do I care?
A: Having inquiries lowers your FICO score, and makes it less likely that you will be approved for new credit cards. This is particularly important when doing a multi-year App-O-Rama, since the inquiries stay on for two years, but you will want to do another AOR round after one year. Some CC companies have been known to cancel cards after approval because of too many inquiries (FNBO).

Q: Does this work with all of the credit reporting agencies?
A: No. It only works for TransUnion and Equifax . Experian is YMMV.

Q: How long does it take?
A: For TU, around 60 inquiries. For EQ, around 100. For EX, YMMV 100+.

Q: Wouldn't the credit reporting agencies catch on to this?
A: Yes, they know about it. See this thread: Truecredit.com Targetted survey - interesting question Why they haven't plugged this up yet is harder to answer.

Q: Can anything go wrong?
A: Yes, credit report bumpage choppage splittage concern. NEED HELP EXPLAINING HOW TO AVOID THIS
choppage = losing tradelines (usually bad if they're positive) OR losing soft inquiries. CLARIFICATION NEEDED.
split file = two files and no way to tell which a creditor will see (usually bad, or at least inconvenient). Can be corrected.

Also, if you get a new hard inquiry in the middle of the process, it might "reset" your bumpage, soyou would have to basically start over to get the rest of the hards off. TrueCredit question -- Anybody else having problems with bumpage from Equifax?

Q: What resources are available to do this and how much does it cost?
A:

1. AMEX Credit Secure Direct Link or direct link. $11.99 a month. Must be an AMEX cardholder. Daily pulls (calendar days) available after 30 days.
2. National City. FW Thread $9.95 a month, $14.95 a month for you and spouse. 24hr + 1 minute pulls.
3. Key Bank. FW Thread $8.95 a month, $14.95 a month for you and spouse. 24hr + 1 minute pulls.
4. True Credit via Wal*Mart affiliate link direct link $11.21 a month. 24hr + 1 minute pulls.
5. Chase Identity Protection - direct link $11.99. Chase cardmembers. When canceled, last month's fee is refunded. Need Offer ID to sign up online. You can call 800-901-7616, and they will give you one over the phone.
6. Privacy Matters - $1 for first 7 days or 30 days, depending on the deal you got, then $29.99. Might get lucky when cancelling and get a cheap 1 year subscription. Very YMMV.
7. Citi Identity - no daily pulls, only monthly,
8. Privacy Guard - unless grandfathered, no more daily pulls, only monthly.
9. IdentityGuard (discount through Costco) - no dialy pulls, only monthly.

Q: Does any type of soft pull help b*?
A: Yes, some credit limit increase buttons(AMEX, some Citi), some "check for offers" (HSBC, BofA). Any soft pull that goes on your report will help, no matter where it is from.

Q: Can I use more than one service at the same time?
A: Yes, and this will likely speed up your results.

Q: Why is it sometimes called b*?
A: Beats the hell out of me. It's what the kids are calling it these days.

Q: How is this related to credit score monitoring?
A: Same services provide both. See the following FW thread: Credit Score Monitoring
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Logic tells me the answer to your query is "yes".
It is for yourself to determine if knocking off credit inquiries faster is worth the cost of subscribing to two credit monitoring services. Several people have commented that inquiries in and of themselves do not affect your credit score very much.

i was also wondering the same thing, if its true i think it would be good to do if you are about to do an AOR or apply for a mortgage/loan.

Yes it does, as long as you don't use Equifax's CreditWatch service which will result in "choppage" or credit freezes. (I think people use TrueCredit and AMEX's service which I don't remember the name of).

Thanks for the input. I just need to get rid of some inquiries for a loan. You guys are fast.

zimaman said: Yes it does, as long as you don't use Equifax's CreditWatch service which will result in "choppage" or credit freezes. (I think people use TrueCredit and AMEX's service which I don't remember the name of).

AMEX's service is creditsecure. www.AmericanExpress.com/creditsecure

I did an AOR 05/01 and ended up with 18 inquiries on one bureau. I've been doing both now every day and am down to zero on TU and 10 (from a high of 18) on Equifax. I'm planning to drop the AMEX one when I'm done, but it's working well now.

Try an archive search on "bump-o-rama"

here

I was able to pretty much bump an entire AOR off it a month once I started using TrueCredit, AMEX, and Chase's Identity Protector (so WalMart $12 special plus two free 30 day trials).

How do I bump on creditsecure ??

Do I do that automaticaly by loggin in or is it like TrueCredit where you have to update your account?

peredon said: How do I bump on creditsecure ??

Do I do that automaticaly by loggin in or is it like TrueCredit where you have to update your account?

Pull your credit every day by updating your credit.

I documented it pretty well over on CB a couple years back. Back when PrivacyGuard was first out, you used to be able to manipulate the url and get like 6 pulls a day from the same service. You used to could knock out several inquiries a day with that process. I'm sure if one had access to generate multiple pulls that it would still work.

O.K. - so you remove all the inquiries and the CC issuers see that you have say 20 or so new credit lines. How do you explain that? Are they that oblivious. I would think that that would raise a red flag.

madshana said: O.K. - so you remove all the inquiries and the CC issuers see that you have say 20 or so new credit lines. How do you explain that? Are they that oblivious. I would think that that would raise a red flag.
As long as your lines are a year or so old, and you are making your pmts, I doubt this will be an issue. If asked, you can say you don't know how this happened. If they ask if you have been checking your credit, be honest and say "Yes, I signed up with TrueCredit and have been checking my score." This shows credit responsiblity, along with your prompt payments, and I doubt most companies would fuss over it (except FNBO of course, who loves to find problems).

faztcobra said: I documented it pretty well over on CB a couple years back. Back when PrivacyGuard was first out, you used to be able to manipulate the url and get like 6 pulls a day from the same service. You used to could knock out several inquiries a day with that process. I'm sure if one had access to generate multiple pulls that it would still work.

PrivacyGuard... They are very vague about if you can pull all 3 reports each day. They say "You should
check each day....".
Can somebody please confirm that PrivacyGuard allows you to pull reports each day?

Just started looking into bumpage last week, and signed up for TC 3 days ago. I found out how to 'refresh' so it pulls a new score each day, but can anyone tell me how to see the soft pulls on True Credit?

thanks...

Also, what kind of gains score-wise are some of you seeing by replacing these hard pulls w/ soft pulls? I know there is not one set answer, as it will surely vary person to person, but I'm just looking for a ballpark figure...any input?

sgaldis said: Just started looking into bumpage last week, and signed up for TC 3 days ago. I found out how to 'refresh' so it pulls a new score each day, but can anyone tell me how to see the soft pulls on True Credit?

thanks...

I don't think TC shows the softpulls (these are "only visible to you", so perhaps when EQ or EX provides the report to TC the softpulls are not there -- thet's why). You can surely see them on the reports you obtain directly from the CRAs ...

True... No soft pulls on TC, but you can start an online dispute to see your full report (including softs).

I have been seeing an average gain of 2 points when a hard is bumped off. One if it's an older ( > 6 months), and three if it's more recent than six months ago.

One of the greatest increases I have seen has been after applying for, getting, and consolidating a Citi PremierPass into my older (2005) UPromise card. (32 points for each EX and EQ on TC, and 18 points from EQ on myFICO)

Been getting B* on my wife's credit finally...but for some reason TU scores aren't improving any <shrug>. Guess all that matters is FICO...

Is there a list of all the websites one can use to get daily pulls. This is important, particularly for those who do not have banking relationships with AMEX and Chase.

Has anyone reported problems signing up through TrueCredit dot com and then signing up again through the WalMart link?

Thanks

Can somebody post a link to the list fo services for bumpage?

I just start a new list here, please contribute.

- TrueCredit ( allows to pull all 3 reports daily)
- AMEX ( you need to have AMEX card to sign up)
- Chase identity protection ( Can you pull all 3 report??? I dont know)
- Privacy Guard ( Can you pull all 3 report??? I dont know)
- Equifax CreditWatch ( you can pull all 3, but it cuts your soft pulls at some point)

akor said: Can somebody post a link to the list fo services for bumpage?

I just start a new list here, please contribute.

- TrueCredit ( allows to pull all 3 reports daily)
- AMEX ( you need to have AMEX card to sign up)
- Chase identity protection ( Can you pull all 3 report??? I dont know)
- Privacy Guard ( Can you pull all 3 report??? I dont know)
- Equifax ( you can pull all 3 reposrt, but it cuts your soft pulls at some point)

How is this different than credit monitoring threads that already exist?

So which is the best.

Then there is costco's offer through identity guard.

Just want to update everyone that AMEX only lets you pull your 3 once during your 30 day trial period! Also privacyguard certainly doesnt make it easy to find where to pull your info. I've pulled it once tonight, and will try to pull it again tomorrow, will prob have to call their customer service and ask them for help. Hope this whole thing works as it is a little complicated, but I've got way to many inquiries. Anyone know if you can dispute inquiries for no solid reason and will they wipe them off or do they verify it and is it real tough to get anything off? Have lots of citi pulls and also I see a lot of pulls from the same credit cards in short periods of time. hsbc pulled it 3 times in a two month span and I didn't even take the card they offered me!

Update:
Privacy Guard also only lets you pull a fresh credit report once a month.

TrueCredit is $14.95 per month? Isn't that kind of expensive?

impoverished said: TrueCredit is $14.95 per month? Isn't that kind of expensive?
You can get it thru' WalMart for $11.21.

well, that's quite a bit of savings. do people just sign up for a month or two to do the bumping and then quit? if i understand correctly, bumping doesn't seem to work for all 3 bureaus.

impoverished said: well, that's quite a bit of savings. do people just sign up for a month or two to do the bumping and then quit? if i understand correctly, bumping doesn't seem to work for all 3 bureaus.
I'm trying to figure out if there are enough services to bump at least one of them by the end of a 30-day trial period...

If there are two services that offer daily pulls, and they both generate unique pulls, you should be able to bump TransUnion with some diligence.

The threads on bumpage in general are somewhat fractured. Took me 48 soft pulls to see the bottom of my 8 TU inquries go. Probably room for 60 or so total "slots" in your TU report. I believe numerous others have reported the same. EX and EQ take longer. I'm still working on mine.

Remember that in a month of True*Credit, you can get in one pull ever 1441 minutes. If you pull at 9am on the 1st, you can't pull until 9:01am on the 2nd. If you're in a meeting at 9:01am, and you don't get to your daily pull until 10:07am on the 2nd, you're going to have to make your pull at 10:08 on the third. God forbid you decide to leave the house on the weekends. You'll lose a few hours. The best your going to get, without a great deal of watching the clock, is 25 or 26 pulls. I get about 20 a month, as I just started to get annoyed with pressing snooze on my Outlook reminder when I was busy with REAL work.

mythosaz said: Remember that in a month of True*Credit, you can get in one pull ever 1441 minutes. If you pull at 9am on the 1st, you can't pull until 9:01am on the 2nd. If you're in a meeting at 9:01am, and you don't get to your daily pull until 10:07am on the 2nd, you're going to have to make your pull at 10:08 on the third. God forbid you decide to leave the house on the weekends. You'll lose a few hours. The best your going to get, without a great deal of watching the clock, is 25 or 26 pulls. I get about 20 a month, as I just started to get annoyed with pressing snooze on my Outlook reminder when I was busy with REAL work.Yeah, this thing about 24hr + 1 minute is VERY annoying. I heard that with AMEX's CS, you can do once per day without regard to the time you last pull the reports. This will be much easier. I think I will cancel TC and go to CS from next month onwards when my CS account turns "active" after the review period.

scanchain said: impoverished said: TrueCredit is $14.95 per month? Isn't that kind of expensive?

Looked at WalMart/financial services/credit reports and only found single reports $24+. Anyone got a link to the 11.21 signup page?

WinAudit said: scanchain said: impoverished said: TrueCredit is $14.95 per month? Isn't that kind of expensive?

Looked at WalMart/financial services/credit reports and only found single reports $24+. Anyone got a link to the 11.21 signup page?

From the WalMart main page, click on

1. Financial services (left panel)
2. Credit learning center
3. Start monitoring your credit report and score today (right panel)

Cool, tks

scanchain said: WinAudit said: scanchain said: impoverished said: TrueCredit is $14.95 per month? Isn't that kind of expensive?

From the WalMart main page, click on

1. Financial services (left panel)
2. Credit learning center
3. Start monitoring your credit report and score today (right panel)

Fo me bumpage is very important in general. I did it before my last AOR. Hoping to knock some inqs and I have a few experians that will age off. I get hits sometimes related to my business and my feeling is the bext way I can prepare for my next AOR is to go in with as few inqs as possible.

Rob

Can you use Citi's Identidy Monitor to bump? - How would one do that?

I signed up free for 30 days then $12.95 a month after that and they give a free $25 rebate.

kenblakely said: drdavidge said: Walmart TrueCredit for $11.21/mo Direct Link

Fixed link:
WalMart TrueCredit

whoops.. fixed mine

drdavidge said: kenblakely said: drdavidge said: Walmart TrueCredit for $11.21/mo Direct Link

Fixed link:
WalMart TrueCredit

whoops.. fixed mine
It bills at $13.70 for some reason

faztcobra said: I documented it pretty well over on CB a couple years back. Back when PrivacyGuard was first out, you used to be able to manipulate the url and get like 6 pulls a day from the same service. You used to could knock out several inquiries a day with that process. I'm sure if one had access to generate multiple pulls that it would still work.Do you have a link to this thread?

I still have a daily pull version of PG...

Skipping 139 Messages...
jevon90 said: 74ak said: rawdeal said:

freecreditreport . com
sign up for Triple Advantage monitors. After 7 day free trial, call to cancel and keep deny all offers they throw at you and eventually they will give you 6 months access for 9.99. Don't know if they would give better offer if denied the 6 months deal but i stop there and took the offer. Note, it only pull from 1 CRA, Experian.

EX is not bumpable, so it is useless. You can access your EX report for free anyway (backdoor).

What's the backdoor method?
dispute balance for a card which you've recently sent payment (payment has reduced balance of card but bank has not yet sent bureau and update of the balance)

Also see iammad's thread here > http://beta.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/768221

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016