• filter:
  • 169707172 73
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Someone else is complaining about a similar scenaro with Comcast showing up as billpay over at the BogleHeads forum.

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=208994&newpost=3230094 

Seems like this could be an issue on LMCU's end

rated:
montee4 said:   Someone else is complaining about a similar scenaro with Comcast showing up as billpay over at the BogleHeads forum.

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=208994&newpost=3230094

Thanks. They are reporting exactly my type of situation. Good to know other's experiences. Reading the responses, what is common is that (i) it happened with the MC--> Visa changover (ii) Bill payment at multiple companies have similar issues.

rated:
I used my LMCU debit card for a transaction on PayPal, to test it, and it also showed up as a "Bill Payment" and did not count towards the 10 required.

rated:
kwg said:   
DavidScubadiver said:   
DavidScubadiver said:   
lokimoki said:   First Arkansas B&T -
2.0% on $20K (down from 2.5% on $25K)

Sigh...that's my only remaining RCA.  Still, beats a standard checking account hands down.

Three years later and the rate is now 1.5% on the first 15,000. Beats a sharp stick in the eye. I believe that is an increase over a few months ago so it is nice to see a bump.

https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/fabt.html#rates 

It's been 1.5% since 8/19/2014...

I apparently was relying on my Mint updates regarding the interest rate on this account.  For some reason it gives me regular updates stating that the rate has changed, when it has not.   Odd.

Eta: Mint treats the monthly APY as a "change in APY" because it doesn't know the rates are tiered. When I have more than 15,000 in the account the APY is less than 1.5% as reflected on my statement which Mint treats as FAB&T having lowered their rate when in fact only the rate I am earning has been reduced, not that the rate has been "lowered".  

rated:
My GPCU debit card was declined at two grocery stores earlier this week. I am using a chip card and entered my PIN. I called and was told it was declined because they are blocking all member transactions in my state (California) that are under $50 until March 6 due to fraud concern and can't unblock my card. I am still able to use the card to make online purchases.

rated:
RobInBoston said:   
cdancer20 said:   
RobInBoston said:   
irate_retro said:   
ehsmath1 said:   Making 10 purchases under a dollar is unreasonable on the part of the credit union member.  Were a majority of members to use this technique to 'game' the system it undoubtedly would require LMCU to rethink the requirements for the RCA.

As for the "best rates in the country", Northpointe is paying 5% and Consumers CU is 4.59% (with some MSing required).  These 3% accounts are a dime a dozen.

The difference is with Northpointe, you earn 5% up to $5k - only $250/year. 3% on $20k for example is $600/yr. Currently I'm making more on my 0.75% interest checking because of no balance restrictions. Finding higher balances at 2 or 3% would be best bet.

Fyi - I don't see an advertised rate/max balance for Consumers CU but would assume same as Northpointe.   

You must not have really looked.  Took me 20 seconds to find this.

https://www.myconsumers.org/personal/checking/free-rewards-checking.html~ 

Earn 3.09% APY* on balances up to $10,000
•Complete at least 12 Debit/Check Card point-of-sale purchases (transactions must be made without using your personal identification number (PIN) to count toward the minimum of 12 and must post and clear your account as a credit transaction on or before the last day of the calendar month)
•Each calendar month, one direct deposit OR one ACH debit OR pay one bill when using Consumers Credit Union's free online bill payment system must post and clear your account on or before the last day of the calendar month
•Access Online Banking at least once each calendar month
•Receive eDocuments (enroll and accept the disclosure)

Earn 3.59% APY* on balances up to $15,000
•Simply meet the requirements to earn 3.09% APY . . . then add:
•Spend $500 or more in CCU Visa Credit Card purchase transactions**; no minimum number of transactions. 

Earn 4.59% APY* on balances up to $20,000
•Simply meet the requirements to earn 3.09% APY . . . and
•Spend $1000 or more in CCU Visa Credit Card purchase transactions**; no minimum number of transactions.

Thanks for the rude response. To clarify, there is more than one "Consumers CU" so apparently I was looking on the wrong site.
Now try not to rush to judge people so quickly and treat others better next time you interact, please and thank you. Have a great day!

I didn't find that that rude at all.  I pointed you to the exact website and posted the exact wording.  So feel free to take how you want to.   The information is also listed multiple times in this thread.

rated:
hair said:   My GPCU debit card was declined at two grocery stores earlier this week. I am using a chip card and entered my PIN. I called and was told it was declined because they are blocking all member transactions in my state (California) that are under $50 until March 6 due to fraud concern and can't unblock my card. I am still able to use the card to make online purchases.
  So how do they expect you to meet your min spend?  And that's crazy that they block an entire state!!  Especially one as big as California. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 169707172 73
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017