• 168697071 72
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
mooingmooseman said:   
cdancer20 said:   
montee4 said:   LMCU started doing that to me at McDonalds. They started coding it as a debit transaction and not a CC transaction and would not show up on my counter. I called them to complain but the CR rep had no clue what I was talking about. I closed my account there last month as I didn't want to have to keep checking to see what each transaction was coded as.

I realize it is cheaper for the merchant when they are processed as Debit vs Credit, but I thought the reason it was cheaper was due to the PIN entry as being more secure. So I'm not sure how they can change the coding like that.

I'm not sure why it mattered for you at McDonalds. As stated above, LMCU counts debit and Credit transactions. I'm 100% sure of this because my transactions were almost all debit/pin last month.

"PIN" transactions don't qualify on my LMCU account either, I tried doing it through paypal (who no longer lets you process debit as credit)

The last time I tried was 6 months ago and it did not qualify according to the counter. I stopped using the account and closed it 3 months later, so maybe they changed it based on complaints. 

rated:
I don't know- I have been a member of LMCU for over 20 years and had the max checking since day one. Pin debits have always counted for me, including two small purchases at WalMart yesterday.

rated:
I have never had a problem with any purchase (debit or credit) counting towards the LMCU 10 debit/credit requirement. But then I don't try to make a single $10 purchase count for ten purchases by making ten $1 'purchase' debits for the same item . . . I find LMCU's policy, 10 purchases, to be fair, and do not see the need to scam the system.

rated:
fw2000 said:   Can anyone suggest a small business checking account?
  I've found Capital One's Spark Business checking to be the most straight forward, fee free account option for businesses. Great phone app, can easily write notes on transactions, and I have been able to download transactions to QuickBooks.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 168697071 72
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016