• filter:
  • 1116117118119 120
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
jamesfatwallet said:   Looks like HP for dcu account

Yes on Equifax for me when I opened a checking account (no credit products) there earlier last year, none on TU and not sure about Experian. Also requires ~$20 membership in a local organization.

rated:
IlliniProgrammer said:   Ally just upped their 11 month no-penalty CD to 1.25%, a 38 basis point increase and now a step up over their savings account rate.

To be sure, there are other places that offer 1.25% on either savings or 12-month CDs, but this is a nice no-hassle short-term rate, especially if you already have savings money there.

(Shamelessly stolen from depositaccounts.com)

Ally's 11 month no-penalty CD is back down to .87%. 

rated:
Sallie Mae MMA is now up to 1.05 APY.

rated:
Per Ken at depositaccounts.com, CIT Bank is offering a cash bonus of up to $200 when opening a new High Yield Savings account between February 1, 2017 and April 28, 2017.

The minimum initial deposit to qualify for the bonus is $15k of new money

There are actually two bonus amounts ($100 and $200), which are determined by the “lowest average monthly balance from among the first three full monthly statement cycles” as shown:

* $15,000 - $149,999 gets $100 bonus
* $150,000 or more gets $200 bonus.

Assuming CIT Bank’s High Yield Savings account is opened with the required minimum deposit, and is kept opened for three months to ensure the bonus being awarded, effective APYs can be calculated that combine the savings account APY (1.05%) with the bonus amounts:

• $15,000: $100 bonus adds 2.67% for an effective APY of approximately 3.72%
  • $150,000: $200 bonus adds 0.53% for an effective APY of approximately 1.58%

These effective APYs are only estimations based on the assumptions that the current APY of 1.05% holds for the three month qualification period. Additional time and larger balances will reduce the effective APYs.

rated:
Was doing a search and came across United Bank with 1.25% APY. Didn't see this on the main summary page. Looks pretty good, as long you maintain a minimum balance of $2,500 to avoid monthly charges.
Anyone heard of this bank before? Any feedback? Seems to be a regional bank in New England. 

https://www.bankatunited.com/Personal/Banking/Savings/Advantage-...

• Minimum to Open: $500
  • Minimum to Earn Interest: $1
  • Service Fee: The monthly service fee of $15 will be waived if a daily minimum balance of $2,500 or more is maintained in your account
  • Tiered Interest: Yes
  • Interest Rate: 1.24%*
  • Annual Percentage Yield: 1.25%*

Features

• Earn a higher interest rate on your balance
  • Surcharge-Free withdrawals at United Bank and Allpoint ATMS. Enjoy access to more than 55,000 surcharge-free ATMs=9.75px1
  • Write up to six checks per statement cycle, free of charge

rated:
umj said:   Was doing a search and came across United Bank with 1.25% APY. Didn't see this on the main summary page.  ...
https://www.bankatunited.com/Personal/Banking/Savings/Advantage-Money-MarketOverview 

It appears to not be nationally available (which is probably one reason it's not in this thread).  If you try to apply online, the options for state you live in only has 25 choices.
https://www.depositaccounts.com/banks/united-bank-ma/offers/ says "CA, CT, GA, ME, MD, MA, NJ, NY, PA, RI, TX, VA, and WA" (13 states); looks like they've added more states since then, but still not all states.

Also, your link didn't work; here's one that worked for me: https://www.bankatunited.com/Personal/Banking/Savings/Advantage-...

rated:
It's also only 1.25% for 180 days, which you can't determine until you get to the TISA disclosure after you've given them all your personal info. After that, it drops to 1.14%, so definitely not worth it.

rated:
turtlebug said:   Per Ken at depositaccounts.com, CIT Bank is offering a cash bonus of up to $200 when opening a new High Yield Savings account between February 1, 2017 and April 28, 2017.

The minimum initial deposit to qualify for the bonus is $15k of new money

There are actually two bonus amounts ($100 and $200), which are determined by the “lowest average monthly balance from among the first three full monthly statement cycles” as shown:

* $15,000 - $149,999 gets $100 bonus
* $150,000 or more gets $200 bonus.

Assuming CIT Bank’s High Yield Savings account is opened with the required minimum deposit, and is kept opened for three months to ensure the bonus being awarded, effective APYs can be calculated that combine the savings account APY (1.05%) with the bonus amounts:

• $15,000: $100 bonus adds 2.67% for an effective APY of approximately 3.72%
  • $150,000: $200 bonus adds 0.53% for an effective APY of approximately 1.58%

These effective APYs are only estimations based on the assumptions that the current APY of 1.05% holds for the three month qualification period. Additional time and larger balances will reduce the effective APYs.

anyone know if CIT is a HP?

rated:
"anyone know if CIT is a HP?"

It's not a computer.

rated:
Treffen said:   "anyone know if CIT is a HP? "

It's not a computer.
I chuckled so hard I almost pulled a muscle.

rated:
gergles said:   It's also only 1.25% for 180 days, which you can't determine until you get to the TISA disclosure after you've given them all your personal info. After that, it drops to 1.14%, so definitely not worth it.Since when is 1.14% not worth it? If there's no max and it was nationally available, it'd be at the top of the QS.

rated:
scripta said:   
gergles said:   It's also only 1.25% for 180 days, which you can't determine until you get to the TISA disclosure after you've given them all your personal info. After that, it drops to 1.14%, so definitely not worth it.
Since when is 1.14% not worth it? If there's no max and it was nationally available, it'd be at the top of the QS.

Max for that rate is 250K. Incredible Bank has no max at 1.11%. Popular Direct (also no max) is at 1.15%.

There's also something to be said for not rewarding deceptive advertising like theirs with business.

rated:
OneUnited Bank has dropped off the top list a while back at just 0.4%. However, fyi that this bank is very bad with customer service transactions, has an inactivity fee, requires you to plain-text email personal ID information to change your address and request most major transactions through customer support, does not publish electronic 1099-INT, etc.

If they ever pop back up again, hopefully someone sees this comment during a thread search.

rated:
What's a good bank that doesn't have a promote rate aka there rate remains high or at least competitive for along time. Last time I rate chased I moved my money and the bank reduced it rate by 90% after a few days I don't want that to happen again.

rated:
Hypersion said:   What's a good bank that doesn't have a promote rate aka there rate remains high or at least competitive for along time. Last time I rate chased I moved my money and the bank reduced it rate by 90% after a few days I don't want that to happen again.
  Alliant Credit Union

rated:
Hypersion said:   What's a good bank that doesn't have a promote rate aka there rate remains high or at least competitive for along time. Last time I rate chased I moved my money and the bank reduced it rate by 90% after a few days I don't want that to happen again.

I've had a Sallie Mae Bank MMA since 2012 and the rate has been .9% or higher (recently 1.05%) for the duration.

rated:
ally also seems to have had a consistently "high" savings rate.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1116117118119 120
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017