• filter:
  • 1246247248249 250
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
doveroftke said:   Staying on separate plans actually works out really well for you, though you probably could have figured that out yourself (and I feel foolish for not having considered that possibility already).

I've attached charts of the individual plans, but I'm not sure how helpful they'll be. Especially the PPO since the deductible doesn't apply to office visits and it's a flat rate (in the chart I kept that copay at 15% for simplicity).

I've also attached the workbook but please keep in mind that is is a very rough take; for example the OOP amount is hard-coded in the table of expenses. Without a crystal ball, a rough idea is the best you can hope for!

Thanks so much for all of your help! I kinda feel foolish too, didn't notice that she had zero premium until later on. Good thing this thread is flame-free! I'll have to figure out what to do about the 3 week period where I contributed to my HSA while being "covered" under her depleted FSA.

rated:
jesta said:   Got a 2016 Carolla LE got the price down to 16,661($18,500MSRP), put 6,000 down. Interest was quoted at 18% (wife is new to the country, no credit.) $1100 in sales tax, $299 doc fee, $299 for window tint.

It should be roughly a $170 over 36 months, with $12,000 left.

Signed for $257 a month for 36 month, with $12,000 left.

Something doesn't add up, either he changed the price of the car in the lease, or gave a higher interest rate, or pocketed some of the down payment. I cant say for sure which yet, I dont have a copy of the lease because they needed a paystub and proof of residency before finalizing it.

I am going back in today to see what went wrong, but I have already signed the initial agreements. Any advice on what I should say or do?

Are you leasing or buying. In any case, suggest you start a new thread for more responses.

rated:
Chase Freedom Unlimited CC dispute question:

I bought a clothing item from an online store with a 14 day return policy.  The item must be back at the warehouse by the 14th day for refund or else store credit.  I dropped it in the mail using the prepaid return shipping label after 7 days which is reasonable.  USPS let the package sit for 2 days before moving it.  As a result, the package arrived late.  So no refund and only store credit.  Do I have a case if I dispute it with CC?  The store picked the slow Parcel Select Return Service with the return shipping label and I have no control over USPS's delivery.

Thanks! 

rated:
LongDongSilver said:   Chase Freedom Unlimited CC dispute question:

I bought a clothing item from an online store with a 14 day return policy.  The item must be back at the warehouse by the 14th day for refund or else store credit.  I dropped it in the mail using the prepaid return shipping label after 7 days which is reasonable.  USPS let the package sit for 2 days before moving it.  As a result, the package arrived late.  So no refund and only store credit.  Do I have a case if I dispute it with CC?  The store picked the slow Parcel Select Return Service with the return shipping label and I have no control over USPS's delivery.

Thanks! 

Do you plan to do business with the merchant in the future (while the store credit is valid)?

If yes, let it go.
If no, I would contact the merchant and tell them what you told us.  If they don't refund to your CC, tell them you with file a chargeback which will cost them money regardless of whether the chargeback is settled in favor of you or them.  

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
LongDongSilver said:   Chase Freedom Unlimited CC dispute question:

Thanks! 

Do you plan to do business with the merchant in the future (while the store credit is valid)?

If yes, let it go.
If no, I would contact the merchant and tell them what you told us.  If they don't refund to your CC, tell them you with file a chargeback which will cost them money regardless of whether the chargeback is settled in favor of you or them.  

Of course not!

If I lose the case, can the merchant play hardball and forfeit the store credit?

rated:
LongDongSilver said:   If I lose the case, can the merchant play hardball and forfeit the store credit?

How did the store credit come about.

(a) Did they refuse any return since it didnt meet their 14 day requirement and you talked to CSR and got the credit as a "compromise". or
(b) Store routinely gave you credit as part of SOP when they received merchandise after 14 days?

If it was (a), you cannot file a case now since you kind of agreed to the store credit as a resolution of the matter.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
LongDongSilver said:   If I lose the case, can the merchant play hardball and forfeit the store credit?

(a) Did they refuse any return since it didnt meet their 14 day requirement and you talked to CSR and got the credit as a "compromise". or
(b) Store routinely gave you credit as part of SOP when they received merchandise after 14 days?

If it was (a), you cannot file a case now since you kind of agreed to the store credit as a resolution of the matter.

Store policy:

Within 14 days: full refund

After 14 days: store credit

rated:
HI, I recently (week ago) applied and received the Chase freedom 1.5% cash back card but now I would like to get the Chase Slate for the no fee BT. Is there anyway to apply for the Slate without incurring another Hard Pull? I call CS and they were clueless.

rated:
pmartinez226 said:   HI, I recently (week ago) applied and received the Chase freedom 1.5% cash back card but now I would like to get the Chase Slate for the no fee BT. Is there anyway to apply for the Slate without incurring another Hard Pull? I call CS and they were clueless.
  Even under the best of circumstances, no one can guarantee what kind of credit pull they will do.  That's the entire reason for AOR, to get all the hard pull done a short time frame so they can be counted as one.  

In the end of the day, what does it matter?  Unless you will be applying for a mortgage or something large.  

rated:
LongDongSilver said:   
fwuser12 said:   

Store policy:

Within 14 days: full refund

After 14 days: store credit

If your dispute is successful, they may let you keep the store credit but come after you for the original cost of the item, since according to their policy you still owe them.

rated:
Hypothetical auto insurance liability question:

I have 100/300/100 on my auto insurance.  What if I drove into a Rolls Royce and totaled it in an accident, am I on the hook for anything over $100k?  I see these $100k+ nice cars in SoCal all the time and wondering.  Thanks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3722581/Kris-Jenner-treated-paramedics-Prius-ran-red-light-collided-250-000-Rolls-Royce-bought-one-week-ago.html 

rated:
Is it a risk? Certainly. Best Advice .... if you can afford it, max out the insurance sold by your insurer. Then toss on an umbrella policy.

rated:
LongDongSilver said:   Hypothetical auto insurance liability question:

I have 100/300/100 on my auto insurance.  What if I drove into a Rolls Royce and totaled it in an accident, am I on the hook for anything over $100k?  I see these $100k+ nice cars in SoCal all the time and wondering.  Thanks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3722581/Kris-Jenner-treated-paramedics-Prius-ran-red-light-collided-250-000-Rolls-Royce-bought-one-week-ago.html

Yes, you'd be on the hook for property damage exceeding $100k.

rated:
^^^ While the headline and the rest of the article say that the Prius "smashed into" the Rolls Royce, the photos clearly show the opposite...

rated:
Hello! Thank you for the welcome message! It's nice to be a member of this online forum. Excited to share my thoughts and learn from all of the members.

Regards

rated:
Hello all. My question is about IRRRL (Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loans). Which bank/lender do you recommend and what are your experiences (both good and bad)?

Any help is greatly appreciated!..

rated:
Raider4Ever said:   Hello all. My question is about IRRRL (Interest Rate Reduction Refinance Loans). Which bank/lender do you recommend and what are your experiences (both good and bad)?

Any help is greatly appreciated!..

use this thread
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/788032/

there is nothing really unique about refi, the best mortgage companies do both

rated:
Welcome .. Please rephrase the question.  What would you like to learn?

rated:
Has anyone here gotten a loan through Better Mortgage?  And how would you rate them?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1246247248249 250
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016