• filter:

!!! WELCOME NEW USERS !!! Ask your questions here! (flame-free) !!!

• 1256257258259 260
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Slow down (reduce) your current 401K contributions to company match levels, but do NOT borrow out of the 401K. IF anything happens to your job, you have to repay the loan almost immediately or the tax picture gets worse that you see it now. How much are you looking at. I understand the common wisdom if you are planning on a home change in the near future, common wisdom is not to get new credit.
Given the choice between a 401k loan and something else - I recommend you do something else.
HELOC interest is tax deductible (I think). Another option is a balance transfer option at 0% short term. Given what you are doing, most mortgage loan outfits would be understanding .. especially when you show them your plan to pay it back quickly.

See the last few pages of this FatWallet thread.
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/902958

rated:
JW10 said:   Slow down (reduce) your current 401K contributions to company match levels, but do NOT borrow out of the 401K. IF anything happens to your job, you have to repay the loan almost immediately or the tax picture gets worse that you see it now. How much are you looking at. I understand the common wisdom if you are planning on a home change in the near future, common wisdom is not to get new credit.
Given the choice between a 401k loan and something else - I recommend you do something else.
HELOC interest is tax deductible (I think). Another option is a balance transfer option at 0% short term. Given what you are doing, most mortgage loan outfits would be understanding .. especially when you show them your plan to pay it back quickly.

See the last few pages of this FatWallet thread.
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/902958

I like this plan. Changing contributions is based on the rules of the plan, so he needs to check to make sure he can slow down (or stop) 401k contributions if he wants to go this route.

rated:
I got 10,000 dollars and I wanted to put it in a saving account. Could anyone tell me the best bank with the best interest rate for a saving account? Thank you in advance

rated:
minhzxcv said:   I got 10,000 dollars and I wanted to put it in a saving account. Could anyone tell me the best bank with the best interest rate for a saving account? Thank you in advance
  https://www.depositaccounts.com/

rated:
minhzxcv said:   I got 10,000 dollars and I wanted to put it in a saving account. Could anyone tell me the best bank with the best interest rate for a saving account? Thank you in advance
  Depends on your wants needs desires and abilities.  Any idea how long before you want to do anything with it?  Do you have a separate Emergency Fund that you can get to your money promptly in addition to this?
Sorry for the link, but it saves me typing

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-bank-account-bonuses/ 

rated:
JW10 said:   ... but do NOT borrow out of the 401K. IF anything happens to your job, you have to repay the loan almost immediately or the tax picture gets worse that you see it now...

That isn't a given.

My employers 401k plan allows us to continue to repay 401k loans after termination.   Check your plan rules to determine what your plan requires.

rated:
Where can I find which credit agency a credit card uses to get credit score on an applicant? Thanks

rated:
southpaw0 said:   Where can I find which credit agency a credit card uses to get credit score on an applicant? Thanks
Click me and find out 

rated:
Thanks Marco!

rated:
How do I make a new post? Just joined today. Thanks.

rated:
nycdarts said:   How do I make a new post? Just joined today. Thanks.
  As a new member, it may be best to post your question here and we can let you know if it makes sense to create a new post or if your question can be answered here.

rated:
nycdarts said:   How do I make a new post? Just joined today. Thanks.
By reading the "Forum FAQ (Please read if you are new here!)" thread.

rated:
i can't seem to write a reply with a quote, it just says enter your message here, but it doesn't work. is my profile under some restrictions?
thanks anyway! glad i've joined in

rated:
jesskonop said:   i can't seem to write a reply with a quote, it just says enter your message here, but it doesn't work. is my profile under some restrictions?
thanks anyway! glad i've joined in

If you click on the "quote" button (not the "reply" button), it should do what you want. That's what I did to quote your message. If it's not working, you might try contacting a moderator.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1256257258259 260
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017