• filter:

!!! WELCOME NEW USERS !!! Ask your questions here! (flame-free) !!!

• 1261262263264 265
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
i got the chase checking account and i need to do a direct deposit

I did a transfer from my td bank account as send money, to my chase account

right now its pending but it saids ACH CREDIT, im wondering if it counts as a direct deposit.

I searched it up and it said td bank transfers count.
TD bank has 2 ways to send money.
1. transfer
2. send money

So i used the send money option, and im wondering if it counts as a direct deposit.

Thanks

rated:

rated:
Should have used TRANSFER for true ACH/DD.

Send money is meant for sending money to your sister or some other individual.

rated:
I am struggling with this puzzle along with my kid, who's in algebra class. The conditions are:
1. (X.6)(y.4) = 288
2. X^2-y^2 = -5
3. X.7-3.x = 19
4. (Y-x)/(x-y)= -1
​​​​​​​x and y has to be the same numbers throughout the 4 given conditions.
Can someone please help?

rated:
sorry duplicate post

rated:
ramyana said:   I am struggling with this puzzle along with my kid, who's in algebra class. The conditions are:
1. (X.6)(y.4) = 288
2. X^2-y^2 = -5
3. X.7-3.x = 19
4. (Y-x)/(x-y)= -1
​​​​​​​x and y has to be the same numbers throughout the 4 given conditions.
Can someone please help?

Wrong forum but I am bored.  I'd say x=4 and y=3 but then #2 would have to equal 7 and #3 would have to be x7-3Y=19.  I don't know.

rated:
Sorry, I was just going crazy in the middle of the night. I came up with 19/4 for x and 21/4 for y, but that doesn't satisfy the first equation.

rated:
Are the variables case sensitive? IOW, is X same as x? is Y same as y?
If the variables are not case sensitive, the given 4 conditions are inconsistent. There is no solution.

BTW, the fourth condition is an identity if the variables are case insensitive.. You can ignore that. But then that makes me believe the variables are case sensitive.

rated:
I posted the actual problem here

rated:
Someone in Maddie's Algebra class messed up. 

rated:
I don't want to work on it, but I think it might be possible if the triangle and box each represent a formula or something.

rated:
BingBlangBlaow said:   I don't want to work on it, but I think it might be possible if the triangle and box each represent a formula or something.You mean like some kind of a conditional formula that says "if I'm being multiplied I equal one number, but if I'm being squared I equal another number"? You are some kind of math genius. Or something.

rated:
scripta said:   
BingBlangBlaow said:   I don't want to work on it, but I think it might be possible if the triangle and box each represent a formula or something.
You mean like some kind of a conditional formula that says "if I'm being multiplied I equal one number, but if I'm being squared I equal another number"? You are some kind of math genius. Or something.

I was thinking more along the lines of some kind of formula where triangle equals something like "x - y" and box equals something like "a x b" and when the triangle and box are replaced exactly with those formulas, the order of operations would dictate how it is then solved. So while x - y might equal 13, and 13^2 is 169, x - y^2 would not equal 169. Think outside the triangle. Not a math genius, but I did score an 800 on the math portion of the PSAT half my life ago.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1261262263264 265
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017