• filter:
  • 1133134135136 137
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
polaris said:   Has anyone changed an existing bank account to a POD/beneficiary account?  If so, can this be done online or do I need to call in?
  You can update the beneficiary information online for any savings/checking accounts as well as add/remove joint owners.  Takes just a few minutes.  Expand the "Options" link on the right side of any account, click "Account Details" and in there will be an option to add/remove Beneficiaries.

rated:
AverageGuy09 said:   
  You can update the beneficiary information online for any savings/checking accounts as well as add/remove joint owners.  Takes just a few minutes.  Expand the "Options" link on the right side of any account, click "Account Details" and in there will be an option to add/remove Beneficiaries.

Thanks! I had never drilled down far enough to stumble across that. I was able to do it for the savings account, but for some reason it wouldn't let me do it for my checking account.

rated:
polaris said:   
AverageGuy09 said:   

Thanks! I had never drilled down far enough to stumble across that. I was able to do it for the savings account, but for some reason it wouldn't let me do it for my checking account.

As I recall from a discussion with an Alliant service rep, they don't do beneficiaries on checking accounts, only joint account holders.  You can't add them online and there is no form under www.alliantcreditunion.org/forms like there is for Savings, CD's and IRA's to do a mail in or FAX request.  I don't recall the exact reason why that was, something about transactional accounts having different rules, it's been many years since I asked them.

If someone else know why you can't add a beneficiary to a checking account at Alliant, please post it.

rated:
batman0023 said:   Anyone have experience with their mortgages?

- Decent closing
- rates
- overall experience

I did a refi through them.  It was quick and efficient.  The rate was better than anything else around me and their lending seems to be less stringent.  Only reason I say less stringent is because I tried refinancing through the bank I had my mortgage and they would not do it since I switched jobs less than a month ago but got a 15k salary increase with pay stubs to show it.

Alliant did the refi with no problems.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 1133134135136 137
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016