• filter:
  • 145464748 49
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Or, just do it... Just fill out the online form with the info from your WF loan. If it goes, it goes. If it doesn't they won't throw you in jail (at least I'm pretty sure they won't...)

Post back from jail or from the Republican National Convention, wherever you end up!

I've done a LOT of CC BTs to non CC accounts over the years. Many end up just where I've wanted them.

Be sure to post back your results.

rated:
HumannTouch said:   Sorry- looking for more clarification on this: I received the Chase Slate with $22k credit limit.
It's currently only able to send a transfer to a Credit Card.
I am looking to transfer balance to a Wells Fargo loan (non credit card).
Any ideas how to do this?

I have sent multiple messages to Slate with no resolution to do this.

  
Every month I get BT checks from Chase Slate that say, 3 ways to take advantage of this offer: ''transfer balances - pay for large purchases/expenses - write yourself a check and deposit into you checking account'.
So it can be done.

 

rated:
I just call and talk verbally with a BT agent. If they resist, tell them you have a personal debt that can only be paid by your checking account. I never had a problem getting Chase to BT to my checking account that I use for paying them electronically.  Have your checkbook with you so you can give them the routing number and account number as on the checks.
I have other well established Chase cards, but not Slate.

rated:
HumannTouch said:   Sorry- looking for more clarification on this: I received the Chase Slate with $22k credit limit.
It's currently only able to send a transfer to a Credit Card.
I am looking to transfer balance to a Wells Fargo loan (non credit card).
Any ideas how to do this?

I have sent multiple messages to Slate with no resolution to do this.

  I would suggest first double-checking with Chase that they can't do a transfer to your loan.  I've paid off loans with balance transfers before... even if the online interface or form doesn't allow it, often the phone agents are happy to

Edit: sorry for just repeating what everyone else said... your q was near the bottom of a page and I didn't realize there was a next page :-/

rated:
debentureboy said:   Or, just do it... Just fill out the online form with the info from your WF loan. If it goes, it goes. If it doesn't they won't throw you in jail (at least I'm pretty sure they won't...)

Post back from jail or from the Republican National Convention, wherever you end up!

I've done a LOT of CC BTs to non CC accounts over the years. Many end up just where I've wanted them.

Be sure to post back your results.

  
I did contact an agent, and she was very brief with me and told me I couldn't transfer to a bank loan.   I used this advice and filled out the BT form and used my loan account # instead of credit card number.  It also asked for branch/address etc - so I'm hoping that it will go towards my account and I didn't just pay off somebody else's credit card that happens to have the same number as my loan account #.   Chase website says could take up to 3 weeks to take effect, and I still haven't seen the payment applied to my loan.  Will report back if/when I do. 

rated:
The payment showed up on my WF loan today, so it took about 2-3 days. Everything worked out. Thanks for everyone's input.

rated:
THANK YOU for getting back to us!  It's great to get this kind of feedback.  
HumannTouch said:   The payment showed up on my WF loan today, so it took about 2-3 days. Everything worked out. Thanks for everyone's input.
  

rated:
What is Chase's policy on reapplying for a Slate card? I converted mine to a Freedom then Freedom Unlimited in Dec.

rated:
Not sure for your specific case. In general, Chase is reported to not respond favorably, when you have five hard pulls. When Chase does as you list, each event may be a hard pull. I had a second hard pull when I asked for a CL increase on a new card.
You may get lucky, but my thinking is it could be two years before you can get any rewards for the Slate card again if you got any sign up bonus on the previous Slate card. Some similar language is on each card app Chase has in most cases.

rated:
JW10 said:   Not sure for your specific case. In general, Chase is reported to not respond favorably, when you have five hard pulls. When Chase does as you list, each event may be a hard pull. I had a second hard pull when I asked for a CL increase on a new card.
You may get lucky, but my thinking is it could be two years before you can get any rewards for the Slate card again if you got any sign up bonus on the previous Slate card. Some similar language is on each card app Chase has in most cases.

  Weird, I thought Chase's rule was 5 new revolving (credit) accounts, irrespective of number of hard pulls?   Have you seen new claims of 5 hard inquiries rather than new accounts causing denials?

rated:
9 Best No-Fee 0% APR Credit Card Offers – June 2016

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/balance-transfer/no-fee-balance... 

rated:
This is a great thread. Appreciate it.

rated:
Chase Slate

Among all the cards on NerdWallet, the Chase Slate® is the only one with both an introductory 0% balance transfer

rated:
Anyone have luck getting Discover to balance transfer to checking accounts?

rated:
I have done it (ACH) a few times to a checking account registered as the pay from account. Most of their offers allow you to write one of their paper checks to yourself. Any questions? Call Customer Service.
Just double check the balance transfer fee. Sometimes, it is 5% and sometimes it is 3%. There have been reports of even less for very good or very well rated customers.

rated:
They're offering me 2% when I asked for a reduction, but they're pushing back on a direct deposit.

rated:
Consider one of the  App-o-rama new accounts 
Most can send you paper checks to write to yourself as well as purchases or BTs.  Chase has done a couple of 2% BT fee/0% APR and ACH direct deposit also. Some people report better terms, some not so great terms.
Tell them you have had problems with a certain transfer unless it came from your checking account. In my case, it is true with a Wells Fargo line of credit. The account WF line of credit itself is listed on my credit report.

rated:
Got a letter in the mail from Logix, "all members who have less than $500 in combined savings or loan balances with Logix may be subject to a $5 monthly low balance fee" starting 9/1. Time to close the account for me.

rated:
matrix5k said:   Got a letter in the mail from Logix, "all members who have less than $500 in combined savings or loan balances with Logix may be subject to a $5 monthly low balance fee" starting 9/1. Time to close the account for me.
  This has been the policy for many years.  It's in the Schedule of Service Charges and Fees.


 

rated:
Quorum Federal Credit Union – 0% APR for 12 months, No fee

rated:
9 Best 0% APR No-Fee Balance Transfer Credit Card Offers – August 2016

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/balance-transfer/no-fee-balance...

rated:
The Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards for 2016

The Simple Dollar’s Top Picks:

Chase Slate®: Best for High Balances
Discover it® : 18 Month Balance Transfer Offer: Best for Rewards
Chase Freedom®: Best Long-Term Balance Transfer Card
Blue Cash Everyday®: Card from American Express: Best Signup Bonus
BankAmericard® Credit Card: Best for Everyday Use

rated:
EXCEPTION: Chase Freedom®: Best Long-Term Balance Transfer Card --- FALSE CLAIM. Other popular options exist that are longer term and in many cases lesser / lower transfer fee .. at least same transfer fee for many of us.

Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
Citi Simplicity® Card
Citi® Double Cash Card

Santander Bank Sphere Credit Card would be in the running if not for the 4% transfer fee.

rated:
JW10 said:   EXCEPTION: Chase Freedom®: Best Long-Term Balance Transfer Card --- FALSE CLAIM. Other popular options exist that are longer term and in many cases lesser / lower transfer fee .. at least same transfer fee for many of us.

Citi® Diamond Preferred® Card
Citi Simplicity® Card
Citi® Double Cash Card

Santander Bank Sphere Credit Card would be in the running if not for the 4% transfer fee.

Are any of these 0/0% offers?

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016