• filter:
  • 146474849 50
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
BingBlangBlaow said:   marcopolomle, what did you end up doing?
Thanks everyone for your invaluable advice.
Couldn't apply for Alliant card since the site was undergoing maintenance over the weekend and time was running out.
I ended up paying the statement balance of about $3000 and applied for Amex Blue Cash Everyday with 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months AND $250 BACK after $1,000/3 months spend. They gave me 10,000 CL which gives me enough cushion and I'll end up making about $190 after everything in true FW style.
Plan is to do a BT for the remaining $2000 and use the card for all the new purchases (I have some big expenses coming up - main reason I wanted to do the BT).
Now I have to figure out how much to pay since I have to pay minimum for new purchases and ? amount for the BT. Not really sure how it works for the combination of BT & new purchases.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
Couldn't apply for Alliant card since the site was undergoing maintenance over the weekend and time was running out.
I ended up paying the statement balance of about $3000 and applying for Amex Blue Cash Everyday with 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months AND $250 BACK after $1,000/3 months spend. They gave me 10,000 CL which gives me enough cushion and I'll end up making about $190 after everything in true FW style.
Plan is to do a BT for the remaining $2000 and use the card for all the new purchases (I have some big expenses coming up - main reason I wanted to do the BT).
Now I have to figure out how much to pay since I have to pay minimum for new purchases and ? amount for the BT. Not really sure how it works for the combination of BT & new purchases.

Since it has both 0% for BT and for new purchases, it's easy.  They calculate the minimum on the statement and that's all you have to pay.

Where it gets tricky is if you have a BT on a card and purchases are ~18% APR but the rewards on those specific purchases are still worth working around. (Example here is Chase Ink 5X UR for my internet/cable bill)

rated:
Bend3r said:   
marcopolomle said:   
I ended up paying the statement balance of about $3000 and applying for Amex Blue Cash Everyday with 0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 12 months AND $250 BACK after $1,000/3 months spend. They gave me 10,000 CL which gives me enough cushion and I'll end up making about $190 after everything in true FW style.

Since it has both 0% for BT and for new purchases, it's easy.  They calculate the minimum on the statement and that's all you have to pay.

That's great. I like easy.
Thanks for all your help. 

rated:
I have a discover card that I'm running a balance on due to closing costs for a re-fi and a few unforeseen expenses. I'd like to get the discover IT card to transfer the balance to. Do they allow balance transfers from one discover card to another discover card? My credit rating is over 800 if that matters.

rated:
MadderMike said:   I have a discover card that I'm running a balance on due to closing costs for a re-fi and a few unforeseen expenses. I'd like to get the discover IT card to transfer the balance to. Do they allow balance transfers from one discover card to another discover card? My credit rating is over 800 if that matters.
  No.  And it is better to transfer to a no-fee card.

rated:
Mad -- You could BT to another CC and then to Discover IT. Some CUs (and even some banks) will offer a no fee BT. You could also use a personal line of credit or, in some cases, use a convenience check to your checking account to make the three way transfer.

rated:
IF you apply for a Discover IT card, a BT is a bad idea due to the double cash back the first year.

Scroll up for some recommendations for better options.

rated:
Thanks for the topic, I got few information tht will help me.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016