• filter:
  • 147484950 51
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
9 Best 0% APR no-fee Credit Card Offers – January 2017

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/balance-transfer/no-fee-balance...

rated:
Just a data point for Discover it

770 Fico, got 12,500 credit limit

3 months required to increase credit limit
Need to have account for 2 weeks to request balance transfer checks

rated:
Argyll said:   9 Best 0% APR no-fee Credit Card Offers – January 2017

As a data point, I'm floating ~$90k @ 0% with a ~720 Fico on all the majors (Chase, Citi, Barclay, PenFed, NFCU, Alliant) and was looking for 2nd and 3rd tier CU to move some more around.

Denied for First Tech, La Capitol, Quorum, and Purdue from this list.  

rated:
Small credit unions, which are most of them, are not eager to take on big debt loads. Discover has 18 month 0% BTs if you are willing to pay a fee.

Northwest FCU has a 2.99% APR BT to April, 2018 with no fee. That would work out to cost a good bit less than a 0% BT with a 3% up-front fee.

rated:
cKGunslinger said:   Argyll said:   9 Best 0% APR no-fee Credit Card Offers – January 2017

As a data point, I'm floating ~$90k @ 0% with a ~720 Fico on all the majors (Chase, Citi, Barclay, PenFed, NFCU, Alliant) and was looking for 2nd and 3rd tier CU to move some more around.

cK if I may ask, where are you investing the $90k?

rated:
talonesi said:   
cKGunslinger said:   
Argyll said:   9 Best 0% APR no-fee Credit Card Offers – January 2017

cK if I may ask, where are you investing the $90k?

My divorce lawyer's bank account.  

Stay single, my friends.

rated:
NOT a best balance card. My Chase Freedom BT card was 2% BT fee for 15 months a year and a half ago.
Today, snail mail offer >> 0% APR to 03/2018 statement for 4% BT fee.  
Thanks but NO THANKS.

rated:
Got an interesting offer in my email today:

GOOD SAM | Camping World VISA® PROMOTIONAL BALANCE TRANSFER OFFER INFORMATION
Interest and Fee Information:
• 0% promotional APR through July 2018. After July 2018, for this Balance Transfer, you will be charged a variable APR of 18.99% based on the Prime Rate. This rate will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
• Fee is the greater of $10 or 1% of the amount of the Balance Transfer.

rated:
The Good Sam | Camping World Visa® and Visa Signature® cards are issued by Comenity Capital Bank

rated:
Just received one from Alliant. 0% for 12 months but 3% transfer fee.

This is the first I have seen from them, so maybe the offers will get better.

rated:
gremln007 said:   Just received one from Alliant. 0% for 12 months but 3% transfer fee.

I got the same but no fees at all, third year in the row for me.

rated:
fattywallace said:   
gremln007 said:   Just received one from Alliant. 0% for 12 months but 3% transfer fee.

How did you do that? I've had a card for nine years and they've never offered me a 0% no fee transfer.  I spoke to a loan officer today who says they don't do that for existing customers.  There is an introductory offer for new applicants for credit cards.

rated:
Argyll said:   
fattywallace said:   

How did you do that? I've had a card for nine years and they've never offered me a 0% no fee transfer.  I spoke to a loan officer today who says they don't do that for existing customers.  There is an introductory offer for new applicants for credit cards.

Pure luck I take?

I haven't taken advantage just yet but will in a few months as another BT is about to be over.

rated:
BarclayCardUS snail mail 0% BT offer 1% or $5.00 which lower than most sent to me thru at least April 1, 2018 including checking account option.
Alternatively, 0% BT 3% or $5.00 to July 1 2018.

Problem is that card is almost full at 0% APR to April 2017 from Christmas Shopping. While I can pay it off, I elected not to do so. to fulfill HSBC program requiring three monthly payments on checking account bonus offer.

rated:
Barclays is the bomb on these sorts of deals. DW and I get them very consistently.

rated:
0%APR* 6 months on all Balance Transfers
3.99%APR* for the life of transferred balance
No Annual Fee
Dollar-for-Dollar Rewards Points**
No Balance Transfer Fee

dcfcu.org/transfer

rated:
Just received one from Alliant. 0% for 12 months but 3% transfer fee. As per www.creditcardhq.org they have decent reviews as well.

rated:

rated:
turtlebug retracted after he said: The Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard® has been updated with 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months on purchases and 0% introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. Importantly, this card also has NO balance transfer fee both during and after the intro period, which is a rare feature these days. After the introductory period, the card has an 13.49% variable APR that applies to everything – purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. Here are all the highlights:

0% Introductory A PR for t he first 15 months on purchases. Plus, you’ll get a 0% introductory APR for 15 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, 13.49%
No balance transfer fees
No foreign transaction fees
Chip technology, so paying for your purchases is more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad
Free online access to FICO® Credit Score

I have left that same card go unused for a year now.

While I hope Barclays make the same offer to me soon, I will bet that turtlebug retracted his post because it turned out not to be accurate.

What do you say, turtlebug?

rated:
bogalusa said:   
turtlebug retracted after he said: The Barclaycard Ring™ Mastercard® has been updated with 0% introductory APR for the first 15 months on purchases and 0% introductory APR for 15 months on balance transfers made within 45 days of account opening. Importantly, this card also has NO balance transfer fee both during and after the intro period, which is a rare feature these days. After the introductory period, the card has an 13.49% variable APR that applies to everything – purchases, balance transfers, and cash advances. Here are all the highlights:

0% Introductory A PR for t he first 15 months on purchases. Plus, you’ll get a 0% introductory APR for 15 months on Balance Transfers made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, 13.49%
No balance transfer fees
No foreign transaction fees
Chip technology, so paying for your purchases is more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad
Free online access to FICO® Credit Score

I have left that same card go unused for a year now.

While I hope Barclays make the same offer to me soon, I will bet that turtlebug retracted his post because it turned out not to be accurate.

No, the offer is accurate, but I retracted it because I noticed after posting that that information was already provided in Argyll's link of Jan 05, 2017 (9 Best 0% APR no-fee credit card offers).

rated:
Thanks for the clarification!

rated:
turtlebug said:   
bogalusa said:   I have left that same card go unused for a year now.

No, the offer is accurate, but I retracted it because I noticed after posting that that information was already provided in Argyll's link of Jan 05, 2017 (9 Best 0% APR no-fee credit card offers).

It was not in the original link from January 5. The link has been updated by the site as of February 1, 2017. It wasn't there until February 1,  so you needn't have retracted it.  It is a valid update and good find.

Be aware that nearly all these offers are for new cardholders only. If you already have the card, you won't be getting the offer.

9 Best 0% APR no fee Credit Card BT Offers - February 2017:

http://www.magnifymoney.com/blog/balance-transfer/no-fee-balance-transfer-credit-card1322859387 

rated:
BarclayCardUS snail mail 0% BT sent an updated BT offer.

The NEW 12 month offer is NOT as good as the previous offer. Previous was 1% fee which included four months currently under a 0% purchase same as cash.
The 12 months same as cash expires April 16th 2017.

Alternatively, 0% BT 3% or $5.00 to August 1 2018. is similar to the previous offer.

rated:
Is there any way to get cash from these 0%/0 BT offers?

rated:
The offer I reported included checks that I can write to myself. That is covered in the offer.
YMMV by each offer. Some allow you to do so, some do not.

rated:
JW10 said:   BarclayCardUS snail mail 0% BT sent an updated BT offer.

The NEW 12 month offer is NOT as good as the previous offer. Previous was 1% fee which included four months currently under a 0% purchase same as cash.
The 12 months same as cash expires April 16th 2017.

Alternatively, 0% BT 3% or $5.00 to August 1 2018. is similar to the previous offer.

Snail mail today: Same dang "offer" as I had when I (mistakenly) applied for this card in a mini-AOR just over a year ago. APR 8.5%...

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Is there any way to get cash from these 0%/0 BT offers?
  Logix CU's offer includes cash advances, but Logix is in a limited  number of states.

rated:
I made the mistake of including the Balance Transfer on my online Chase Slate application. Got the card, but at a limit less than the transfer I applied for. A separate mailer came saying the balance transfer had an issue due to "incorrect address". They only ask for the account number that you wish to pay off with the transfer, so I'm guessing it was rejected due to insufficient credit limit.

I registered for an online account for the Slate Card. Tried to do the balance transfer up to the credit limit they gave me. That got rejected on the spot for "over monthly transfer limit". Seems like they're still counting the failed transfer against me. Showed me a reduced amount I could transfer if I wished.

Guess I need to give them a call and try to straighten it out.

Moral of the story, don't attempt the balance transfer until you know what your credit limit is.

rated:
Most BTs are limited to about 85% - 93% of credit limit. I think you are correct to call them for details. Have the details of the BT you desire when you call.

rated:
Thanks for this sharing.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017