guess no one liked apple show. -5% in 2 days cheers

rated:
ICMATULKASPRMKY said:   guess no one liked apple show. -5% in 2 days cheers

Yep aapl is reason entire market is down 3 percent today. THANKS TIM COOK

rated:
jd2010 said:   

Yep aapl is reason entire market is down 3 percent today. THANKS TIM COOK

uhh... AAPL's down less than NASDAQ  (-2.27% vs -2.54%).

Edit: Oops dunno how I missed that jd,   
[Your Comment] --->
---------------------------
         [My Head]

rated:
< /sarcasm >

rated:
Does anyone own SKX ? I am planning to add.

rated:
mgmn said:   Does anyone own SKX ? I am planning to add.
  I own but its not going up ...... just going down the drain without any resistance.

rated:
 What a difference a week makes!  Congrats to all AAPL longs!  

rated:
It's been a while since there's been a +4% day for AAPL. Wonder what RGIII is up to...

rated:
Bend3r said:   It's been a while since there's been a +4% day for AAPL. Wonder what RGIII is up to...
  Just put on  IR by the Browns.

rated:
KABOOOM make it rain dolla bills

rated:
jd2010 said:   
ctujackbauer said:   
jd2010 said:   SRPT getting crushed today as hit pieces start to come out.

Always sell the news on retail owned pharmas my friends, youll never win.

I won. Generalizations are never accurate for everyone.

SRPT was one of my most profitable stocks. Didn't even know about it until someone posted about it in this thread 3.5'ish years ago.

Stock is down over the past 3.5 years.  If you made money you won the lottery, congrats.  Nothing you did had anything to do with skill or sound investment.  Nevertheless, my point was approaching and immediately after important PDUFA and FDA meetings.  Sell the good news because it never lasts.

SRPT up 86% today on accelerated approval.

rated:
Congrats, hopefully you bought in at the bottom, only up ~15% since FDA delay when what you quoted was originally posted.

rated:
jd2010 said:   Congrats, hopefully you bought in at the bottom, only up ~15% since FDA delay when what you quoted was originally posted.

We quoted each other on June 2, 2016

SRPT closed June 1 at $21.41

closed June 2 at $15.71

current price: $53 and change.

up about 145% from June 1 close, more if you count June 2 close but we posted intraday.

rated:
My bad thought this was around Jan when initial delay happened, didnt go back and check... anyway, hope you are unloading dat sweet $$$$ now.

rated:
Grabbed some mylan last week..triple bottom

rated:
Made a quick trade on AVXL. 200 bucks

rated:
I have shares of SRPT that I purchased at 16.98, 20.75, 24.52, 25.70 and 49.00.  I'm holding long.

Barrons has been very bullish on SRPT, AMZN, BABA, FB, AAPL the past few months.  I've been adding to my positions in these stocks.

Barrons is bearish on WFC, TSLA, NFLX so I dumped WFC a few weeks ago and reduced my holdings in TSLA and NFLX.

I've added to my GLD lately and swing trade MRO NAVI and a few others.  I was swing trading F between 12.5 and 13 but may try between 12 and 12.5 now.

rated:
anusha123 said:   Made a quick trade on AVXL. 200 bucks

What do you think about AVXL? They have potential to be something big but every time they take 2 steps forward, somebody brings it back 3 steps

rated:
TWTR up 20% in the pre-market.  I don't see any news for it yet.

edit:  found the news that TWTR may be close to being acquired:  Twitter may receive formal bid shortly

rated:
DonnieDuck said:   

What do you think about AVXL? They have potential to be something big but every time they take 2 steps forward, somebody brings it back 3 steps

I followed it for quite sometime.. like you said something always hit them badly after every good news.
They are not holding the gains for the past 1 year and so i just sell it quickly...
Also I hold LABU and so no more biotechs are holding in my portfolio

rated:
dude8404 said:   I'm going to make this thread great again.  Let's do it.

Need inputs on the following:
1) F (Ford) - Bought it couple months ago around 12.5 and has done nothing for me, waited for 15 but never came.  Hold for the dividend or move on?  
2) GILD (Gilead Science) - Been eyeing this one for a long time but the more I look at it, the more it screams 'value trap'. Nice balance sheet and cash flow but slowing growth and super conservative management, sounds like the Apple of biotech.  Any other recommendations in biotech/pharma?
3) TWTR (Twitter) - Almost two years now with this dog.  Average around 25.  Not buying anymore as it's now 15% of my portfolio.  Hold and wait for takeover or cut my loss and never look at this ticker again?
4) VRX (Valaent) - Yes, I was one of the dummy that tried to catch a fallen knife.  Luckily only small portion at around 32.  I think this one is dead meat and going below 10 yet I'm still holding on, not sure why.   

1) In the red now with F.  Gonna tough it out.  Not gonna sell a single share below 15.
2) Bit the bullet on GILD at around 80.  Let's see how this dog turns out. Small holding.
3) Still holding the TWTR bag.  Praying to the merger gods that this dog get bought quickly.  
4) VRX - sold a while ago at 26.

New holdings:
GPRO (GoPro), DIS (Disney), PSX (Phillips 66, blindly following the Oracle on this one), COP (ConocoPhillips), SWN (Southwestern Energy), DAL (Delta), MU (Micron)

rated:
anusha123 said:   
DonnieDuck said:   

I followed it for quite sometime.. like you said something always hit them badly after every good news.
They are not holding the gains for the past 1 year and so i just sell it quickly...

I fully believe there are some people/groups who want AVXL to fail. Whether it's because they hate the company or because they are heavily invested in other Alzheimer's biotechs, they wait for the big gains and then do their short & distort trick. It's pretty disgusting but I really believe they will succeed where others have failed, and am holding long term. I bought in starting at .23 pre-split so I am still on the plus side.

rated:
Just sold 300 shrs TWTR for a 1 week $1300 gain.  I've been swing trading this, buying on the dips.

I just added SMMT to my watch list.  They are another DMD biotech play.  I'm still holding 250 shrs SRPT long.  Barrons just mentioned in this week's issue they see the price going higher.

rated:
DonnieDuck said:   
anusha123 said:   
DonnieDuck said:   

I fully believe there are some people/groups who want AVXL to fail. Whether it's because they hate the company or because they are heavily invested in other Alzheimer's biotechs, they wait for the big gains and then do their short & distort trick. It's pretty disgusting but I really believe they will succeed where others have failed, and am holding long term. I bought in starting at .23 pre-split so I am still on the plus side.

Wow, hope you loaded up on AVXL yesterday.

rated:
AMZN keeps going up.

rated:
Pakaderm said:   
DonnieDuck said:   
anusha123 said:   
DonnieDuck said:   

Wow, hope you loaded up on AVXL yesterday.

If I bought yesterday, I would have averaged UP  lol  I've held all my shares from last year. I WISH I would have had the foresight to sell at $14, then buy back at $2.50. I would have made $50k, give or take, and enjoyed the ride back up. As Kenny Rogers used to sing, you gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to talk away, know when to run.
Either way, I enjoyed today's action.

rated:
Oil jumped late on OPEC "deal". We'll see how long this lasts.

rated:
Thinking of buying Deutsche Bank (DB) at $11.40. Someone please talk me out of it.

rated:
Looking at FGP trading right around $12.00, at the 52-week low.  Big dividend but it looks like they might be cutting it back as well.  Thoughts?

rated:
elfrozo said:   Thinking of buying Deutsche Bank (DB) at $11.40. Someone please talk me out of it.

Well, which is worse for the EU, bailing DB out or refusing to go soft on them?

I don't know enough to say, but whichever will end up less damaging to the EU clusterfk is what will happen.  Plan accordingly.

rated:
hope you decided to pull the trigger, up 15% today lol

rated:
jd2010 said:   hope you decided to pull the trigger, up 15% today lol
  I chickened out. I literally had my stock buying form filled out on Fidelity and before I hit submit  I decided to read a few recent articles and ended up not doing it. 

Should have listened to my gut. I was going to buy 1000 shares. Would have been up an easy $1500 today. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 12082208320842085 2086
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016