• Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Gauss44 said:   
anusha123 said:   
Gauss44 said:   Under Armour

Went from $103 last fall to $40 at this moment. Looks like they have wearable tech, shoes, and all sorts of active wear. Not sure why stock fell.

iam seeing only high 50s as maximum.. wondering where you are getting $103 ...

Sept. 17th, 2015

http://www.benzinga.com/news/earnings/16/04/7819969/no-under-arm...

rated:
SpeedingLunatic said:   
Gauss44 said:   
anusha123 said:   
Gauss44 said:   Under Armour

Went from $103 last fall to $40 at this moment. Looks like they have wearable tech, shoes, and all sorts of active wear. Not sure why stock fell.

iam seeing only high 50s as maximum.. wondering where you are getting $103 ...

Sept. 17th, 2015

http://www.benzinga.com/news/earnings/16/04/7819969/no-under-arm...

Even with the split its still a 20% loss for the OP...

rated:
VAIndigo said:   got stuck with GOOG short @ 750. Should i bail?

Whats going on with market. When is it going to take a break .. hoping for a retreat soon .. otherwise i am in soup ..

rated:
VAIndigo said:   
  Whats going on with market. When is it going to take a break .. hoping for a retreat soon .. otherwise i am in soup ..

The market's been "taking a break" for the past year... DOW/NASDAQ/S&P are almost flat over that time period, up only 2-3% over the last 12.1 months.  Meanwhile many businesses/earnings have grown more than 3% and they've retained the majority of their profits from that 12 month period and/or bought back shares.

rated:
Bend3r said:   
VAIndigo said:   

The market's been "taking a break" for the past year... DOW/NASDAQ/S&P are almost flat over that time period, up only 2-3% over the last 12.1 months.  Meanwhile many businesses/earnings have grown more than 3% and they've retained the majority of their profits from that 12 month period and/or bought back shares.

My track record on timing the market is no better or worse than most.....probably slightly worse.  If I were to guess, I would say the markets will go down during the elections because of uncertainty; however, the markets may go up a bit before that happens.  When the markets were down about 10% ytd earlier in Feb this year I was only down 5% ytd overall but I failed to move cash back into equities fast enough and now lag the DOW and S&P, but am ahead of the Nasdaq.

GOOG, FB, BABA, AMZN, APPL are all long term holds for me.  I may lighten up on these holdings every so often but will buy back on some dips.  I failed to add more AAPL back below $100 but still hold 400 shrs,  SRPT is my gambling stock.  I now hold 125 shrs and it is outperforming all my other holdings this year.  I wouldn't short it, but I wouldn't buy at the current price either.  I sold all my TWTR yesterday and was up 22% since buying after earnings late last month.  If it drops a $1 or $2 I'll buy back.

edit:  SRPT only makes up less than 1% of my holdings and I bought it just to see if I could pick a potential blockbuster biotech.  I don't put much money into biotechs because of the volatility. 

rated:
Lol halfway thru the year and "only" up 2 percent. This after going straight up for the past 7 years. This isn't the housing bubble. The market isn't supposed to go straight up at 10%+ every year.

rated:
jd2010 said:   Lol halfway thru the year and "only" up 2 percent. This after going straight up for the past 7 years. This isn't the housing bubble. The market isn't supposed to go straight up at 10%+ every year.
  Sure, but it's possible (Not saying it's probable, of course...) to meet the ~7%+inflation historical average increases by averaging out the >>7% years with +2% or +4% and not going extremely negative.  It's not required that there's another -40% day every couple years.

rated:
The market is at all time highs. I don't know what people are complaInig about.

rated:
DavidScubadiver said:   The market is at all time highs. I don't know what people are complaInig about.
  They're complaining it's not dropping 40% and instead is up 2% over 12 months.

Edit: No one actually said 40%, so I'm inferring and exaggerating there

rated:
Yea I misread your comment as you bitching that the market should be up more. I dont see it doing much the rest of the year.

rated:
I'll be happy if it goes up 1% over the next 6 months. Happier if it goes up 10%. All things being equal, I'd prefer a 1% drop to a 10% drop. Where it winds up, however, I have no idea and don't pretend to have any basis for knowing.

rated:
dude8404 said:   Sold VRX on the big jump today.  Good riddence.  Now someone please buy TWTR and I'll be completely out of the dog house.
 TWTR up 7% today and near $21.  I guess I should have held my shares a bit longer but I was up on the shares I swing trade and sold last week.

rated:
GPRO up >13% today. I still have my 500 shares @ 55 so I need another 350% or so to break even.

rated:
SpeedingLunatic said:   GPRO up >13% today. I still have my 500 shares @ 55 so I need another 350% or so to break even.
  Ouch that's quite a bit. Are you going to continue holding?

rated:
pduan87 said:   SpeedingLunatic said:   GPRO up >13% today. I still have my 500 shares @ 55 so I need another 350% or so to break even.
  Ouch that's quite a bit. Are you going to continue holding?

Yeah I'm going to hold it until it's profitable or I need a tax loss.

rated:
SpeedingLunatic said:   GPRO up >13% today. I still have my 500 shares @ 55 so I need another 350% or so to break even.
  ha i'm in the same miserable position, though not as many shares, but high basis at 60.  i thought about adding more at 10 to severely reduce my basis, but they've been a dog at execution and the delays are concerning.

rated:
Added 150 shrs SBUX to my long term holdings.  The stock is down 7.4% ytd and has been a dead money stock in my portfolio lately.  I'm hoping it ends the year closer to 0% ytd or better.

rated:
I still have some gopro shorted from 75... Couple days ago hurt...

rated:
What you guys are buying in the dip ?

rated:
anusha123 said:   What you guys are buying in the dip ?

Ulta

rated:
Anyone own MTCH? They own Tinder, Cupid, PlentyofFish, etc. AND Princeton SAT Review education courses.

They legally get paid for connecting people who desire to have sex... social network pimping, legally. What a dream business model for investors!!  Already making good profits each quarter after just going public this year.  VERY EARLY growth phase.  
They prepare young people to take SAT, LSAT, MCAT, etc exams too.

Sex education.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 12081208220832084 2085
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016