• filter:

Fake Freebies To Avoid

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Very useful list, Thank. Problem is hard to check it all the time.

rated:
A shill from the fake Advanced Auto Engineering Facebook page posted a free calculator, same folks who previously offered a microfiber towel. The real Advanced Auto Engineering has neither a FB page nor a website.

rated:
Wow,, thats alot,, but still there are real FREEBIES so dont be afraid to check them out,, the ones i found were 90% of the time real and 10% never came or i recieved a e-mail telling me a laim excuse....

rated:
ahahahaha ..probiotic whatttt .. what they come up with these days .. crazy.. thnx for the info..

rated:
so they do exist,, hmmmmm lets try it again then,,, hahahaha,,, the freebies wonders are not out off this world,, YET

rated:
Shills from Swiss Watch Service Group keep posting fake offers, Rolex pen and the key fob again. Avoid these offers like the plague, report them to the mods when posted.

rated:
Thanks for the info I've seen some of these already.

rated:
Urgent Care Bumper Repair is back. Offering a car anti-slip mat Original post about them is by Mumzof2 in this thread. Posts are made by newbies, most likely shills for the scammers.

rated:
bux.to is huge fake, i lost my $500, pls be aware!!! i want to hang those bastards

rated:
Remember, if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is a scam.

rated:
anti flatulence filter
*http://www.under-tec.com/index.php

That smells suspicious...haha

rated:
A few years ago I had to delete my old yahoo email account because of freebie spam. I could clean out the inbox and the spam box and the next day there would be over 700 new messages. Thanks for your list.

rated:
also a tooth whitening and aura face care. anything that asks for a card, i learned the hard way.

rated:
Free Kona Red Mountain Coffee - FAKE!

There is no website presence for this company. Lot's of Kona coffee ones, but not this particular name. The phone number they posted on their Facebook wall goes to India. This is what I got from a phone number look-up:

Mobile Number: 8882232779
Service Provider: Reliance GSM
Area: DELHI (GSM ) INDIA

Scammers in India stealing your info for free coffee you will never see.

There is a Kona Mountain Coffee here on FB, and they are not giving away samples.

Oh, and the fax number they give, 702-736-0773? They stole it from the Professional Association of Limousine Operators, 1061 E Flamingo Rd. #7, Las Vegas, NV 89119

rated:
American Baby Product Experts Free Baby Scissors offer on Facebook is FAKE! NO contact info listed, search reveals no such company comes up in a search. Posted by newbie.

rated:
SweetClover said:   American Baby Product Experts Free Baby Scissors offer on Facebook is FAKE! NO contact info listed, search reveals no such company comes up in a search. Posted by newbie.

This one is associated with the Presto Pizza fakes. We've uncovered a whole nest of fake freebies with one thing in common: they're using the same website to host their images!

American Baby hosts images on landing page is hosted at https://d1sf0m8kms36pp.cloudfront.net/babyexperts/nail_scissors.jpg

A quick Google Search of d1sf0m8kms36pp [link] results in SEVERAL fake freebies, all using this same website to store images.

rated:
Anti Snoring Center on Facebook offering a free sleep mask. Previously offered travel pillow. Just another day, just another fake Facebook scam offer.

rated:
I almost want to green this post twice!

rated:
I've been getting email from MYWebOpinions, they say say you get paid for testing sites. Has anyone had any
luck at this?? The mail says it's from Rachel Parker newsletter@wincash247.com
If anyone has had any luck at this please let me know. Thank!!

rated:
star31212 said:   I've been getting email from MYWebOpinions, they say say you get paid for testing sites. Has anyone had any luck at this?? The mail says it's from Rachel Parker newsletter@wincash247.com
If anyone has had any luck at this please let me know. Thank!!

Click this link: MYWebOpinions. Do you have WOT (Web of Trust) installed? If not, go to My WOT and register, then download the application. The website for MYWebOpinions gets very bad ratings from WOT and others. It's a site that just aggregates a list of existing survey sites. You pay a fee to access their list. Did you at any time possibly sign-up to do surveys anywhere? Or did this email just show up in your inbox (should be in your junk mail/spam box)? Because this sounds, smells, and looks a lot like SPAM to me. A legitimate company would not ask for almost $50 upfront to access a list of companies you could find on your own for free, just by searching. For example, both http://hunt4freebies.com/ and http://gimmiefreebies.com/ have a list of legitimate survey and product testing websites, and you don't need to pay any fee.

rated:
What an awesome idea. So I guess all those "free iphone" sites are also scams right?

rated:
melaniedorian said:   What an awesome idea. So I guess all those "free iphone" sites are also scams right?

Yes, they are. You have to through a series of offers (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum), and you must do a minimum at each level. The higher levels usually involve forking over money for something. Plus, you don't get the freebie unless all of the vendors you signed up for report back to the one doing the offer. If just one of them fails to report back, you don't get the freebie. In the meantime, they have all of your personal info, which they sell to lists. And you have signed up for a bunch of cr@p you neither need nor want, all just to get the freebie offered.

BTW, Welcome to Fatwallet.

rated:
Why do only new members (at least 85%) post in this thread? 

rated:
MumzOf2 said:   Why do only new members (at least 85%) post in this thread? 

This happened with previous versions of this, and it is also happening in the White Castle freebie thread too. I'm betting they are shills testing out the forums, by posting perfectly innocuous posts to look legitimate, before they try to sneak in a spam or scam link. They get paid for every click-through on their referral links, they get more if someone signs up through their link. Those 'work from home, using the internet'  ads you see posted on social media, this is one of them. They get bonuses for every new member they get to sign up under them, and for every new member that that person gets. and so on down the line. Often it is one person using multiple accounts as sock puppets, they post a spam link, and reply to their own link using a sock.

rated:
Free peppermint puff candy from freepuff.com is not legit. Form can be submitted with fields left blank, 3rd party scam pop-up, no information about manufacturer, newly created website and no way to order, though sample supposedly comes with order form.

rated:
SweetClover said:   
MumzOf2 said:   Why do only new members (at least 85%) post in this thread? 

This happened with previous versions of this, and it is also happening in the White Castle freebie thread too. I'm betting they are shills testing out the forums, by posting perfectly innocuous posts to look legitimate, before they try to sneak in a spam or scam link. They get paid for every click-through on their referral links, they get more if someone signs up through their link. Those 'work from home, using the internet'  ads you see posted on social media, this is one of them. They get bonuses for every new member they get to sign up under them, and for every new member that that person gets. and so on down the line. Often it is one person using multiple accounts as sock puppets, they post a spam link, and reply to their own link using a sock.

Very interesting! I bet it's true as well!

rated:
Skin Care Advisor is yet another fake FB page posted today (10/22), offering a 5-piece skincare set. Company doesn't exist, address belongs to another business, form can be submitted without imputing data in the fields, and images are hosted by the same cloufront.net server the other FB scams use.

rated:
T-shirt from goodmorninghawaiitv.com does not come, https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/search/results.php?query=hawaii&...

rated:
Posted today: Free tea sample set and mug: facebook.com/CoffeeandTeaExperts/

Cloudfront host for pics that all the scammers use, no web presence at all, except on Facebook, posted by a newbie who is most likely a shill for the scammers. Requires that you share on FB (so you work for the scammers for free, spreading their scam. I put a bunch of nonsense in the form fields and still got a confirmation, if it looks like a scam, it probably is one.

rated:
Free Christmas gift bags from Louisiana Design & Printing is FAKE. Similar to Digilake and Sandy Paper. Address does not exist, according to Google Maps. Phone number was stolen from Giovannis Lawn Maintenance. And like all the scams, it's posted by a newbie. When you search the company on Google, the only hits are the FW post and the fake website. Even then, why would a company give away samples of a product they don't even sell?

rated:
Mosquito Repellent and Antibacterial Wipes from cleanoff.net. Website run by Nigerian scammers and American co-horts, company currently being investigated for crimes in Nigeria involving scams.

rated:
whoa! I had some of these . I better go delete them.

rated:
glafra said:   Do you update this list regularly?

If you scroll down past the original post on page 1, you will see something called "Quick Summary" which is where updates to the list are added by forum members.

rated:
SweetClover said:   
glafra said:   Do you update this list regularly?

If you scroll down past the original post on page 1, you will see something called "Quick Summary" which is where updates to the list are added by forum members.

Great.. Thanks. Will check it out.  

rated:

rated:
remick said:   superbsamples. com /offers.asp?p = Gevalia]http://www.superbsamples.com/offers.asp?p=gevalia 

superbsamples. com/ offers.asp?p = tums-chewy]http://www.superbsamples.com/offers.asp?p=tums-chewy 

superbsamples.c om/ offers.asp?p = gummies]http://www.superbsamples.com/offers.asp?p=gummies 

(Links disabled) They have been on the list for awhile,  see here, and are in the Quick Summary. Also, don't post actual links, just the product name and supersamples.com. The mods have been deleting these as fast as they get posted, because they run a referral program , which violates FW terms. I'm surprised the mods on duty approved this post, as this thread is supposed to be under moderation. It may have slipped by because it isn't a shill post with referral codes attached, still it its best to disable links in some way (such as removing the http:www string and adding a space or two somewhere to break it up, as I did, or you could just uncheck the "Yes, automatically link URLs in my message" box before posting) . These people should definitely be avoided, the only ones benefiting are them from their affiliates, and it has been confirmed that they are not affiliated with startsampling, which is legitimate.

rated:

rated:
good thread, i just started my freebie journey. Only thing that scares me is essentially this thread(fakes, spams etc) I just click, click, click as thats how many of these offers are.fatwallet is the shit though and there seems to be a ton of useful information here to become a great consumer, thats the goal

rated:
how to recognize which free stuff is fake

rated:
Free corkscrew from Facebook.com/WineMakingSociety is another scam Facebook page. They currently are offering a free wine holder.

Free Lavender Oil (with newsletter signup) at prettyfoofoosalonandspa. com: MumzOf2;18311938 said:
This is a fake offer. Their website was hacked. Sub-domain is in the URL (up/signup)
The salon is very legit but they have no idea of the free offer.
Picture is a stock photo
http://www.canstockphoto.com/images-photos/aromatic.html#file_vi...
Go to the home page, no link to newsletter to sign up

Free Sesakiss sesame seeds with honey bar from Lowell Foods; lowellfoods.com/ is FAKE. Hacked Website. Business is real, offer is not

Free dog dental care kit from k9pearlywhites.com, Hacked Website. Business is real, offer is not.

Free latex coated work gloves from motogpwerks.com/ is FAKE, business is real, offer is not.

Free Kebroak fire starter sample for charcoal from kebroak.com /firestarters is FAKE, site was hacked into.

Anna's Free Chocolate sample at secure.annaschocolates.com/try/ is FAKE. You can put nonsense in the form fields, including 00000 for a zip, and it goes through. No mention of freebie on home page, no link to it.

Extra Strength Sandy Wipes free sample from sandywipes.com is FAKE.

Thanks to MumzOf2 for providing much of the detective work.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017