Harvard X - Free Online Courses

Archived From: Free Stuff
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
~~Harvard X - Free Online Courses
Free online classes from Harvard. Click on the site, there are free online courses to take from Harvard. If you want a certificate, you have to pay a fee such as $29. https://www.edx.org/school/harvardx

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

On average there is a course fee of $50 USD or more. If the course is free the Certificate itself is on average $150 USD..Free courses, yes some but nothing is without some fee.

not too many tech or mba courses

demoman4114 said:   On average there is a course fee of $50 USD or more. If the course is free the Certificate itself is on average $150 USD..Free courses, yes some but nothing is without some fee.
 This.
I just checked the genomics course. There is NOTHING free about it. It costs $50. Says so right up front, on the details page.

Op, why are you saying these are free? They're not.

I'm seeing this on the linked page:  "Harvard University courses found below can be audited free".  Unless there's a registration fee or something when you actually sign up, it seems like auditing them is free, though "to take" some of the courses, there is a fee.

canoeguy1 said:   
demoman4114 said:   On average there is a course fee of $50 USD or more. If the course is free the Certificate itself is on average $150 USD..Free courses, yes some but nothing is without some fee.
 This.
I just checked the genomics course. There is NOTHING free about it. It costs $50. Says so right up front, on the details page.

Op, why are you saying these are free? They're not.

There are n number of courses that you can audit for free. That includes courses from MIT, Harvard, Stanford and other top universities of the world. 

Some of the courses are free, but if you want the certificate, there is a charge.

CindyLouWho2 said:   Some of the courses are free, but if you want the certificate, there is a charge.
  I guess I can file the certificate away with my university diploma.

prastogi2012 said:   not too many tech or mba courses

link  mba courses?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017