• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

CARFAX
Thanks Xenocrates
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You can even look up license plates of cars you are thinking of buying (used). Now i know why some sellers block the plate w/ their stupid finger in the photos.

Works great. Added 2 vehicles without problem. Found a "missing" recall.

doesn't tell me anything besides that I have had 3 emissions tests

Thank you for the link.

I didn't notice any recent activity in the last two years. Not sure why?

Would this show accidents? I've seen a carfax for my 2001 vehicle that I've owned since new and none of the 5 or so fender benders I've been in were on that one a few years back. Not an issue as they were small & I'm keeping that one forever.

This one is a tracker for your service and registration. it doesn't show accidents

daefash said:   This one is a tracker for your service and registration. it doesn't show accidents
  Exactly. It's little more than a spreadsheet for your own service records. Nothing regarding the Carfax / vehicle history report included with this. Borderline scam for your information, in my opinion.

Carfax is NOT comprehensive. Many fender benders don't go reported, so CARFAX won't have a record of it. But fender benders can be more serious than they appear. I did a CARFAX once on a used car I was thinking of. Found nothing. But I used a mobile service that checks out cars with a mechanic and instruments and found out it was in a substantial accident.

Mitch said:   Carfax is NOT comprehensive. Many fender benders don't go reported, so CARFAX won't have a record of it. But fender benders can be more serious than they appear. I did a CARFAX once on a used car I was thinking of. Found nothing. But I used a mobile service that checks out cars with a mechanic and instruments and found out it was in a substantial accident.
  Carfax is a good tool, and should be used in combination with other tools in evaluation of a used car.

This "myCARFAX" bs doesn't even include a carfax report of your own car.

pretty great website if you want to find the service history of a car you're possibly buying. or to track your service history if you don't have an app for it like aCar/fuelly

for reference, i bought my 2003 bmw in may of '15 and the service history even shows when i took it to a self-service garage in may of this year to change the oil/differential/transmission fluid.

BTW, if you go to a small local honest repair shop, those repair bills won't show up on the Carfax report. But what does show up from independent shops is the stare inspection since it goes thru the state system which must be linked ( I think)to Carfax. So an expensive repair from an independent won't show. I just checked my 04 Mercury Marauder which has had some repairs at local shop and the only thing showing is the state inspection. As usual, it's a free report and you get nothing for free.

Worthless. It doesn't even list my emissions history, only the last one.

Good Services and nice thred

po90260 said:   Worthless. It doesn't even list my emissions history, only the last one.
  I disagree. It shows open recalls and that is something.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017