• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Absolutely free, no credit card needed.

https://www.sling.com/watchfree

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks!

This is nothing more than a network load test and harvesting contact info (not to mention getting you to install the app). I canceled long ago, but fell for it. The video is still jerky as hell (180 down connection and 4k iMac).

Thanks for reminding me why I bailed, Sling!

Any idea if this will disqualify us for future free trials?

It only asks for an email Addy. You don't even need to verify it so I would say no it wouldn't.

It is bit of an odd message from sling that they offer this today on the same day as the presidential debate, as if to say "forget about participating in democracy, watch more mindless tv instead".

moulie said:   It only asks for an email Addy. You don't even need to verify it so I would say no it wouldn't.
  Exactly.  I put in a throw away email address and downloaded the app.  The picture quality on my phone was noticeable worse than netflix on my phone (using LTE connection - netflix looks HD).  I can't imagine how bad it will look on my 60" TV.  

This free trial was awesome - I now know not to waste any money on Sling TV.

Is this a limited time trial where it expires after a month or so?

barbeque said:   It is bit of an odd message from sling that they offer this today on the same day as the presidential debate, as if to say "forget about participating in democracy, watch more mindless tv instead".

They're actually offering a free day today so you can watch the debate.

miqie said:   Is this a limited time trial where it expires after a month or so?
 you can watch it today only.  It won't work tomorrow or day after...

Picture quality and pausing gone after going into the SETTINGS menu in the Sling app on my Roku XS and changing the default (which was very low bandwidth) to unlimited bandwidth. Comparable to cable or satellite.

thanks OP

I don't like Sling as much as Vue, but if you try Sling and want to keep it, go to www.sling.com/missyou23 and prepay 3 months to receive a Roku 2.  Expires 12/30/2016.

The one good thing about Sling is Chase sees it as a cable TV utility and pays 5% back, while it sees Vue as only a game service and pays only 1% back.

barbeque said:   It is bit of an odd message from sling that they offer this today on the same day as the presidential debate, as if to say "forget about participating in democracy, watch more mindless tv instead".
  I'm watching the debate right now.  Much of it is pretty mindless as well.  lol  

I'm not sure if it's worth $20 a month since I have plenty of free OTA channels.  I did a 7 day free trial earlier this year but only watched it on a phone or tablet.  Today I installed the app on Windows10 and hooked it up to 32" HDTV via hdmi.  Pretty nice, even if I only watched Star Trek: TNG on BBC America.

eta:  the on demand was something new Sling didn't have before when I tried it earlier this year.  I got to check out the new season of South Park.  Somehow I had a feeling giant douche and turd sandwich would be making a comeback for this election

Coming from a background of having no real cable tv at home (basic only for my young kids, plus netflix and Amazon prime), and considering the cheapest cable/Dish/directv package is ~$50 - $100, Sling TV is easily worth the $20. Just being able to watch ESPN makes it worth the cost IMO.

This deal has expired

TomN said:   This deal has expired
Yep. OP should have put the actual date in the subject line. Thread also should be the option of being set up to auto-expire, but FW doesn't give that feature to Free Stuff threads. Regardless, FW should mark it expired after it gets flagged.

Another good example showing some simple improvements FW should implement.

Vue is probably the best stream cable TV service out there.

Sling does a 7-day trial all the time if anyone is interested.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017