• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Coupon for free pack - choose "get it for yourself" & you will still be able to send to friends after. 

https://www.facebook.com/dollargeneral/app/466894036743114/?app_...

Member Summary
Coupons are redeemable only at Dollar General stores. You are also required to have a minimum of 10 Facebook friends.

This is from H4F, for those trying to use mobile: *Please Note this offer is Not mobile friendly!
View the offer in the desktop version or go to the Dollar General Facebook page and click the ‘Chips Ahoy Thins’ tab.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Thanks MrsGuin

rated:
"~Oops
You don't have enough friends to participate in this campaign.
Error Code: 4045"

way to rub it in, Dollar General.

Ouch.

rated:
Thread titles needs more details, should specify that this a coupon, and that coupons are redeemable only at Dollar General stores. It has always been the common practice to identify freebies requiring Facebook, with at least "FB" in thread title, as many users don't use FB, and can scroll by FB posts. Rules specify FB like/registration as a requirement, and specifies that coupons mailed are usable only at DG stores. "Mailed Dollar General Coupon for Free CHIPS AHOY! Thins Pack - FB" or what H4F used ( FREE Chips Ahoy! Thins Cookies at Dollar General (Mailed Coupon) - FB ) are examples of how thread title should be written, it's a courtesy to others to state FB, Twitter, etc offers, and practice to indicate source, which is Dollar General

rated:
Dead, but a discount coupon still available

rated:
BigDave123 said:   Dead, but a discount coupon still available

Actually, it's not dead. The free pack mailed to you is dead, the coupon offer is not. Coupon is for a FREE pack, not a discount. You get a manufacturers coupon good only at Dollar General.

From the T&C: "The first twenty thousand (20,000) eligible participants who access the Mondelez Global LLC (the “Sponsor) Chips Ahoy! Thins Offer via The Sampler App (“Sampler”, the “Operator”) will have an opportunity to claim one (1) of 5,000 packs of Chips Ahoy! Thins or one (1) of 15,000 mail-to-home free product coupons redeemable at participating Dollar General locations."

rated:
skarydrunkguy said:   "~Oops

way to rub it in, Dollar General

Ouch.

DITTO!!!

rated:
falconcrest said:   
skarydrunkguy said:   "~Oops

way to rub it in, Dollar General

Ouch.

DITTO!!!

I found the reason for your rejection in the T&C; "The Offer is only open to senders and recipients who are: (i) legal U.S. residents physically residing in the 50 U.S. States (including the District of Columbia), (ii) 18 years of age or older at time of registration, (iii) legitimate users of both Facebook and The Sampler App and (iv) have a minimum of 10 Facebook friends.  It's like being the kid that nobody picks to be on their team. Strange requirement...

rated:
Actual, it's a brilliant requirement. Very few people who actually use FB will have less than 10 friends. THose who have some kind of fake or inactive account, though, might very well have none. Y'all need to get your fake accounts together and become friends

rated:
too funny!

rated:
I think it's so unfair that just because my FB account has a phony name, phony age, & phony gender, my opinions and desire for samples aren't valid!

rated:
kmsandrbs said:   Actual, it's a brilliant requirement. Very few people who actually use FB will have less than 10 friends. THose who have some kind of fake or inactive account, though, might very well have none. Y'all need to get your fake accounts together and become friends

I never thought of it that way, you are very possibly on to something. It might also be a way to prevent abuse from Peeps who use several fake FB accounts for freebies. Also, with 10+ friends, the greater advertising potential (depending on how your account is set up). I don't have a lot of friends, but definitely have over 10 - I just don't shop at DG, and don't really need the freebies, my local Shoprite gave away free full-size  Chips Ahoy last week (any flavor/type). I thought I'd leave it for someone else who really wants it, and shops at DG, to get. Still working, they have yet to reach the 15,000 limit.

rated:
thanks,

rated:
thanks. it said my chips ahoy thins coupon is on the way.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016