• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Free Sample of Verified Coffee - 3 options

Verified Coffee is giving a sample of Fresh-Roasted Gourmet Coffee (Mexican Organic, Sumatra Mandheling, or House Blend)
You only have to fill out this short form. Limited to one sample per household or address.

Moderator Comment: Members of our community have alerted us to the questionable nature of this deal. While we do not condone any unethical or illegal behavior, we believe discussion and debate helps our community make informed decisions. Please read, comment if you'd like, and proceed with caution. — Nov. 16, 2016 @ 2:33pm
Member Summary
Clone of a real business run by Panama scammers, complete with a pop-up offer to a MLM scam. Fake coffee offers are a favorite of scammers as of late, must be working because they keep running these scams.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Oh, where do I start...  It's yet another fake 'free coffee' offer.

This fake site is a clone (duplicate) of a legitimate business’s site Echo Espresso (real site) vs Verified Coffee (cloned/fake site) The wording is exactly the same too.
I got a popup after submitting the request form (using my fake alt I store on my Blur account  ) Clicking the pop-up takes you to a typical MLM scam offer. Scammers make money selling your NAZ and email addy to spam/junk mail lists. No specific product info, no purchasing info, no where to buy info - dead end. They are using a generic stock photo that they Photoshop a fake logo on.  A search of the address shows that it belongs to a Papa John's Pizza franchise (no surprise there, they hope you don't Google), phone # is fake too. And, last but not least, the Whois info:

Queried whois.enom.com with "verifiedcoffee.com"...Domain Name: VERIFIEDCOFFEE.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1998243051_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
Registrar URL: www.enom.com 
Updated Date: 2016-01-28T11:20:02.00Z
Creation Date: 2016-01-28T19:20:00.00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-01-28T19:20:00.00Z
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Registrar IANA ID: 48
Reseller: Namecheap.com 
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
Registrant Organization: WHOISGUARD, INC.
Registrant Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
Registrant City: PANAMA
Registrant State/Province: PANAMA
Registrant Postal Code: 00000
Registrant Country: PA
Registrant Phone: +507.8365503
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +51.17057182
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: 08692336894A40D6991541FC678E540A.PROTECT@WHOISGUARD.COM
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
Admin Organization: WHOISGUARD, INC.
Admin Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
Admin City: PANAMA
Admin State/Province: PANAMA
Admin Postal Code: 00000
Admin Country: PA
Admin Phone: +507.8365503
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +51.17057182
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: 08692336894A40D6991541FC678E540A.PROTECT@WHOISGUARD.COM
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
Tech Organization: WHOISGUARD, INC.
Tech Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
Tech City: PANAMA
Tech State/Province: PANAMA
Tech Postal Code: 00000
Tech Country: PA
Tech Phone: +507.8365503
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +51.17057182
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: 08692336894A40D6991541FC678E540A.PROTECT@WHOISGUARD.COM
Name Server: NS1.GEEKSTORAGE.COM
Name Server: NS2.GEEKSTORAGE.COM
DNSSEC: unSigned
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@enom.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4252982646
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/ 

Annnnd... our scammers are from Panama! Another one for the Fake Freebies sticky.

rated:
Thanks SweetClover. You stopped me before I bit.

rated:
Maybe, sometime.... in a perfect world, FW will make checking the Fake Freebies To Avoid thread.... MANDATORY!   

rated:
KCQT said:   Maybe, sometime.... in a perfect world, FW will make checking the Fake Freebies To Avoid thread.... MANDATORY!   

Yeah, but in this case, this is a new scam. I added it to the sticky today.   So, it's not a post of something already on the list. And this one isn't too obvious (since they literally cloned the real business), until you submit the form, and/or do a little digging around the site.

Considering that coffee is the scammers biggest go-to fake freebie lately, maybe all free coffee posts should be suspect unless they come from known sources (such as name-brand on the manufacturer website).

rated:
SweetClover said:   
KCQT said:   Maybe, sometime.... in a perfect world, FW will make checking the Fake Freebies To Avoid thread.... MANDATORY!   

Yeah, but in this case, this is a new scam. I added it to the sticky today.   So, it's not a post of something already on the list. And this one isn't too obvious (since they literally cloned the real business), until you submit the form, and/or do a little digging around the site.

Considering that coffee is the scammers biggest go-to fake freebie lately, maybe all free coffee posts should be suspect unless they come from known sources (such as name-brand on the manufacturer website).

Yeah... seems to me this particular offer has already made the rounds at least once, but I'm probably confusing it with the tons of other coffee scams lately, from 'other' sources.
Thanks SC... for taking the trash out!  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016