• filter:

New Sample Company, FREE Exactly Box Full of Samples! (Update: Waitlist Only, No New Signups)

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
This is similar to PinchMe and Samplesource (looks to be closer to SS in setup). It is a NEW company, and they are taking new members for a limited time. You will receive your first box in a few weeks, and future boxes will be available each season (4 x's a year). Just create a simple, short profile.

To get a FREE Exactly Box Full of Samples join Exactly to receive a free Exactly box full of free samples from your favorite brand names!Complete the survey to qualify for the next sample box which is scheduled to be released December 30th. Then every season, they’ll offer another free Exactly box with 5 to 7 samples from a variety of brands.Limited time only! 

ETA: The current Fall Box sign-up has ended, this message now appears on the survey link, "Thank you for your interest in Exactly! We've had so much demand we need to pause new membership sign-ups till the New Year. Please give us your Name and Email so you can be the first to be notified when you're name is off the waitlist. "

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Trolling my threads again, I see. No one ever told Gomoogo he/she didn't have a right to question anything. And you shou... (more)

SweetClover (Apr. 17, 2017 @ 3:13p) |

FYI SC... I've never been steered wrong by ANY thing you've ever posted, including this thread, so thanks for all you do... (more)

KCQT (Apr. 17, 2017 @ 6:45p) |

Exactly is changing their program. https://exactmedia.io/exactly-for-brands/exactly-faq/ They are changing to an invite... (more)

SweetClover (Jun. 22, 2017 @ 7:00p) |

I went through the whole survey to find out they are not accepting members any more. (lawbert)

OP says "Limited Time Only", they are currently not accepting NEW members, it's a waitlist now, You can register for the waitlist, and you will be notified once it opens again, probably in time for the Winter or Spring box. 
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
DANKE SCHOEN!

rated:
Is this company real? The logo is in lower case. It seems that this company is using a general survey company to create its site, they don't have its own website. I will pass.

rated:
Might be the same as this company:

http://www.exactmedia.io/

rated:
TheDealMaker said:   Is this company real? The logo is in lower case. It seems that this company is using a general survey company to create its site, they don't have its own website. I will pass.

a) Lot's of company/product logo's are in lowercase. b)  Thanks to zerenia  for the link, this company is already established in the sampling market (zerenia's link goes to a different program for retailers).  If you checked out the FAQ page link on the signup page, you will find the website where the signup link came from, https://vip.getexactly.co/, as well as the requisite Terns & Conditions, along with the Privacy Policy ( https://getexactly.co/ ). So, yes, they have a website, after you complete the profile survey, the confirmation page is on their website. where the T&C and Privacy Policy links are.

rated:
Your box is being prepared. Fingers crossed

rated:
Thank you!! Going to try it out now

rated:
Just signed up...said my box is being prepared! Time will tell! The survey was short but specific...thank you!!!

rated:
Thanks!

rated:
Thanks... N41
There are TONS of successful companies that have all lower case letters for their logo.  You can start by looking at e bay, citi & amaz0n.  

rated:
At least these people would allow a PO Box in Puerto Rico for the shipping address (discovered after entering that Pinch Me wouldn't ship here at all and haven't received anything from Sample Source).

LET'S WATCH WHAT HAPPENS....

PS; I've used my trashier email address for now, just to be safe...

rated:
thanks

rated:
thanks

rated:
dont see a single thing proving this to be legit

rated:
Seems real but only time will tell. Worse comes to worse, more junk mail.

rated:
hotfreestuff said:   dont see a single thing proving this to be legit
 Excuse my self-labelled & facetious ignorance here, but where "exactly" were you looking to prove "legit"imacy of this company in the first place??  You might want to try doing (what's left of) your homework below.  

"Terms of Use" from the website:
 https://www.getexactly.co/pages/terms 

Take a tour here and educate yourself:
http://www.exactmedia.io/case 

Bloomberg
http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?pr... 

...and if the whole thing still doesn't clarify things to your satisfaction, you can always opt for this:
"For questions or feedback to Exact Media about the Services, Website or more generally, please contact us at: support@getexactly.co"

rated:
Thanks OP!

rated:
made it to the end and got a timeout error

rated:
KCQT said:   
hotfreestuff said:   dont see a single thing proving this to be legit
 Excuse my self-labelled & facetious ignorance here, but where "exactly" were you looking to prove "legit"imacy of this company in the first place??  You might want to try doing (what's left of) your homework below.  

"Terms of Use" from the website:
 https://www.getexactly.co/pages/terms 

Take a tour here and educate yourself:
http://www.exactmedia.io/case 

Bloomberg
http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?pr... 

...and if the whole thing still doesn't clarify things to your satisfaction, you can always opt for this:
"For questions or feedback to Exact Media about the Services, Website or more generally, please contact us at: support@getexactly.co"

Some people don't bother to read the thread before they post, nor do they look for those things that show legitimacy, or do a simple Google/Bing search,  when they have doubt.

Some people don't post why they think something isn't legit, or provide any useful info to support a possibly not legit offer.

I investigate freebies from new/unknown sources. I don't post scams.

Some people just prefer to thread-crap (This individual I've even had to report for certain thread-crapping comments, which were promptly removed by mods, because they violated FW posting rules).

You can lead a horse to the water, but you can't make him drink.

I'll be happy to post a photo for the resident thread-crapper, but by then it will be too late to get in on the initial Fall box, but not too late to come back for the Winter box, after eating crow.

rated:
Call me paranoid,but its a huge red flag when a website wants me to upload
a copy of my last online receipt, with my account number, and the like for
all to see.  I was that far, so i uploaded a text file stating that it was a huge red flag
to be asking for that.  Its just as well, because at the end i got this :

"Thank you for completing your profile. 
Due to immense traffic on our systems, our account creation page is down at the moment. We are working hard to fix it and will email you once it is back up and running again. Thank you for your patience

I'm sure they will...

rated:
gomoogo said:   Call me paranoid,but its a huge red flag when a website wants me to upload
a copy of my last online receipt, with my account number, and the like for
all to see.  I was that far, so i uploaded a text file stating that it was a huge red flag
to be asking for that.  Its just as well, because at the end i got this :

Due to immense traffic on our systems, our account creation page is down at the moment. We are working hard to fix it and will email you once it is back up and running again. Thank you for your patience

I'm sure they will...

I had to go through the survey to find out what you were talking about, because I was not, at any time, asked for that info, nor did I ever see that page. Apparently they either changed it, or something. This is what the page says:

"Exactly is a membership open exclusively to active online shoppers.
Please share some details below about your last online purchase so we can validate your eligibility.

At which retailer did you make your last online purchase?
When did you make your last online purchase? (MM/DD/YYY)
What was the total value of your purchase?

To validate you are an active online shopper, please upload a screenshot of your receipt which corresponds to the transaction above. It should show the date of purchase as well as the total amount purchased.

We just want to make sure that you're an online shopper, and will only use this image to confirm your membership."

I'm not sure what account number you are referring to, I'm guessing your merchant account number. I don't recall the T&C page stating the info in the above bolded statement, but can't check because that page and the Privacy Policy page isn't working (Getting 'Bad Gateway' error), which explains the message you got.  Being the weekend, it's unlikely that anything will be fixed before Monday. Hard to say whether that 'receipt page' is being added, or whether it's mistakenly showing up. They have a different program through online retailers where they provide samples to their customers with their online orders. (See zerenia's link above).

On another note, if you have ever used Kellogg's Family Rewards, and/or SavingStar, you may have used a receipt uploading link in order to earn points/cashback. Some of the other grocery/drugstore cashback programs (Ibotta/Checkout51 & others) also use receipt uploads. Those receipts have your merchant and/or loyalty card  account number on them. Those companies don't use them for anything except the program, I would imagine that exactly does the same (if this is now a requirement of membership), they pretty much indicate above it is simply for membership confirmation.

rated:
Still getting an error.

"Due to immense traffic on our systems, our account creation page is down at the moment. We are working hard to fix it and will email you once it is back up and running again. Thank you for your patience "

rated:
I would be less wary if they asked for a "copy", because it is easy to redact any info
you feel is over the line on a scanned/edited copy.  The use of the word "screenshot"
just makes me feel like they're trolling for whatever data they can get when people 
pop a screenshot and upload it immediately, giving no thought to their own privacy.
I'm not in any of those other programs for the same reason. I have no problem providing 
a copy of a receipt for a rebate or the like, because i can wipe anything i don;t want them to see,
and i went into that knowing i would need to provide it. I'll keep my Amazon, etal info to myself though,
Color me paranoid, but this one I'll pass on. Its not you, SC, or me,,,, Its them. Keep 'em coming !

rated:
gomoogo said:   I would be less wary if they asked for a "copy", because it is easy to redact any info
you feel is over the line on a scanned/edited copy.  The use of the word "screenshot"
just makes me feel like they're trolling for whatever data they can get when people 
pop a screenshot and upload it immediately, giving no thought to their own privacy.
I'm not in any of those other programs for the same reason. I have no problem providing 
a copy of a receipt for a rebate or the like, because i can wipe anything i don;t want them to see,
and i went into that knowing i would need to provide it. I'll keep my Amazon, etal info to myself though,
Color me paranoid, but this one I'll pass on. Its not you, SC, or me,,,, Its them. Keep 'em coming !

Nicely explained.
I know that they didn't ask for any of that crazy information earlier when I signed up either, so with that... at least for MY own knowledge, I fired off an email last night asking them to reply and explain themselves.  I'll post when or if I hear anything.

***UPDATE
So, looking at this post 'elsewhere' on the web this morning, the OP said they actually HAVE received this about 3 months ago, so that's hopeful in and of itself, confirming (for any naysaying stragglers) the "legit"imacy of the deal.  Here's what the OP had to say: 
(Thanks  GenjiShimada) 
"I signed up for this about 3 months ago and received some high end men's shaving products. Through the link, you'll answer some questions about yourself, then they will send you samples that are suitable for your needs. For example, I had told them that I had dry skin, then had received some moisturizers specifically for dry skin."

So I... followed THIS route:  
1) http://exactly.profile.sgizmo.com/s3 
2) I clicked on the link at the bottom of the page that says "Read Our FAQ Here"
3) At the very bottom of the page I clicked on "© 2016, Exactly Club" where I got a completely different page.  
4) At the bottom of that page, I clicked on "Get Started", which then took me to a screen that auto-popped an "Invite code" of "freebox" (which I don't remember seeing the first time around) and SC's link (thru no fault of her own) skips that entire step/page!
5) I walked back through the whole shebang and used a different email address (only to be able to continue thru to the end), where I then received this:

Due to incredible interest and demand for Exactly,  we have to temporarily cap  memberships to manage the traffic   We will send you an email the moment we can allow new members, at which point we will ask you for your address
Can't wait to have you as part of our club!"

So, my opinion is that they got beyond hammered with requests and are now reworking the whole site, since "Bad Gateway" errors are still occuring with their PP and T&C.  It also sounds like they may still honor any previous sign-ups (before said reworking) due to the bolded and underlined text (above), so it'll be interesting to see how it all comes out in the wash!  

rated:
gomoogo said:   I would be less wary if they asked for a "copy", because it is easy to redact any info
and i went into that knowing i would need to provide it. I'll keep my Amazon, etal info to myself though,

Well, it's entirely your decision, and I respect that. Sometimes you have to take their word, when you read that they will only use the receipt for verification (and read and be familiar with the Privacy Policy). Since there are so many of these programs that require scans/screenshots, and many do use them, I think most people aren't as paranoid about it. Many also require that you send the entire receipt, with nothing redacted/edited out, and not just the section with the items purchased for the program. They will actually deny any photoshopped or white-outed receipts. One should read the Privacy Policy and any relevant offer terms prior to providing such info. Obviously, if you are not comfortable with sharing your receipt /loyalty card/account info/et al, you shouldn't participate. Most of these programs are legit, and aren't requesting receipts to troll for information, but rather to verify eligibility. And many have policies spelling out how they use, if at all, any data they collect.

If you use any kind of direct cashback program where you click through a CB link (eBates, etc) or a store loyalty card, you are already providing the same data on your receipt to the program operator that you would give to exactly. . I guess I don't see any difference, I've earned the equivalent of over $50 in value of GC & kitchen items from KFR's points program, and about $75+ in cashback from SavingStar, not to mention the CB I've received from FW's CB program and eBates.. I didn't find any red flags that stood out in their Privacy Policy. I mostly responded to your post because I don't want others to think the receipt request is 'new' or 'novel' or necessarily a bad thing, especially if they already do cashback. Some won't do cashback, and/or use loyalty cards, because they don't want to share data, even if used for nothing other than program verification. These programs are all free to join, and one can always opt out if they are in any way uncomfortable with the policy on the use of data they acquire.

On another note, another FW'er reposted this same program after I did. This user had already received the Fall box, and shared their experience with exactly. They signed up during an earlier enrollment period. They indicated being quite satisfied with the samples provided. Click the link to see the OP.

Will have to see what happens on Monday when tech personnel are back in to fix the website issues. They might be making changes, or the current enrollment period has ended (in which case I will update OP to indicate a 'dead deal' status). I'm interested in seeing if the receipt screenshot requirement will still be there, and what they will do about previous enrollee's (Who probably will be grandfathered in). I'm sure the overall website issues and 'bad gateway' messages are due to a high influx of new member signups, the site partially crashed. Not uncommon with freebies.

rated:
KCQT said: So I... followed THIS route:
1) http://exactly.profile.sgizmo.com/s3
2) I clicked on the link at the bottom of the page that says "Read Our FAQ Here"
3) At the very bottom of the page I clicked on "© 2016, Exactly Club" where I got a completely different page.
4) At the bottom of that page, I clicked on "Get Started", which then took me to a screen that auto-popped an "Invite code" of "freebox" (which I don't remember seeing the first time around) and SC's link (thru no fault of her own) skips that entire step/page!
5) I walked back through the whole shebang and used a different email address (only to be able to continue thru to the end), where I then received this:

Interestingly, the 'invite code' pages being overrided by a direct link often have zero effect on the outcome. You still get the confirmation page, and the freebie still arrives. No, didn't see any auto-loaded invite code box, but got confirmation screen at end. They are using a content provider (sgizmo) that develops custom survey software, and it's not unusual to have have an invite code. Often the code is provided by social media, or email or on a product or website by the provider of the offer. Pre-filling the code box is not unusual, especially if it's a general "anybody can use" code, as opposed to a "one-time use" code. Not going through that page rarely negates the offer.  Famous example is the Matlaws Stuffed Clams Free Product Coupon. It was supposed to be a survey for purchasers of the product, but someone a) Shared it online, and b) Found that the invite code was the same, and the survey page worked without going through the invite code page first.  I got 2 Q's from that because Matlaws used Coupons.com, which allows 2 prints. When Matlaws realized what was happening, they shut it down, but honored all who completed the survey, with the link to print the Q.

As you went through step 5, prior to submitting, did you yourself get the receipt screenshot request page? Or did it go straight to the "we have to temporarily cap memberships to manage the traffic" at the end that you got?

rated:
SweetClover said:   
As you went through step 5, prior to submitting, did you yourself get the receipt screenshot request page? Or did it go straight to the "we have to temporarily cap memberships to manage the traffic" at the end that you got?

Yeah, understood... I know that all roads will usually lead to the same result.; six of one or half dozen of another.  
Didn't get the "upload your screenshot" page, just straight to the end.  

rated:
^^^ I tested it out Monday, and the "Bad Gateway" message was gone, and I went through the whole process using my fake account I store in my BLUR account, like you, I did not get the request to upload a receipt screenshot. However, they have now suspended new members signing up until some time after the New Years holiday, so no more Fall boxes. It's now a wait list for Winter or Spring boxes.

rated:
I would like free samples

rated:
Thank you for your interest in Exactly! We've had so much demand we need to pause new membership sign-ups till the New Year. Please give us your Name and Email so you can be the first to be notified when you're name is off the waitlist.

...wonder how long before they accept new members again. It is February of "the new year" afterall.

rated:
Check your emails! They are sending out emails to confirm your box, you need to reply to get your box, and you only have a few days to do so. Check your spam box if not in your inbox, email comes from exactly.

They are currently accepting new members, so signup before they close the enrollment period.

rated:
I got the confirm emaill..said oos

rated:
tanner12oz said:   I got the confirm emaill..said oos

those BASTARDS!

rated:
I figured as much, so I wasn't holding my breath on it anyway.  Another bait & switch just like the Chef'd offer. 

"Bad news... we've run out of Exactly boxes for Winter 2017.  Stay tuned for more details as to when you can expect the next wave of shipments to be available."   
But the GOOD news is (if you really still care, which I don't because I gave up on them).... the first day of S-pring is March 20th, so it's not Winter anymore!!  

rated:
Check your emails! I just got a shipping notice for the Winter 2017 box. Look for email titled, "Exactly Shipment Notification! - Yes you're really getting a box full of free samples."

rated:
Got my samples today! Now & Later share bag, screen wipe, Sleepytime tea, Aussie Mega-hold spray, a coffee-flavored caffeine shot, 3-pack of Cascade Platinum detergent for dishwasher, some flyers. Took a pic, box was full.

ETA: For the thread crapper, here's your pic! Now do you believe it's legit?

rated:
SweetClover said:   Got my samples today! Now & Later share bag, screen wipe, Sleepytime tea, Aussie Mega-hold spray, a coffee-flavored caffeine shot, 3-pack of Cascade Platinum detergent for dishwasher, some flyers. Took a pic, box was full.

ETA: For the thread crapper, here's your pic! Now do you believe it's legit?

Received the same box of samples in today's mail. Thanks again, SweetClover.

rated:
Gomoogo: You have every right to question whether a freebie is legitimate or not. After all, it is YOUR information you are giving. The OP does have a record for being wrong, so do follow your gut instinct and do what is right for YOU. GOmoogo, I'm going to private message you.

rated:
I jumped on this early and just received the same box full of samples. It reminds me of Pinchme in the beginning with ample samples. Nice selection.

Skipping 3 Messages...
rated:
Exactly is changing their program. https://exactmedia.io/exactly-for-brands/exactly-faq/ They are changing to an invite-only program. If you receive a sample with an order from any of their partners (The other Exactly sampling program described further up in this thread), and it contains an invite link, you can sign up using the provided link. No more open sign-ups.

The good thing, is if you are already signed-up, and you follow through with the surveys in a timely manner, you will continue to have opportunities to claim future boxes. Seems to be a trend lately with new sampling programs, you have to receive an invite to become a member. So this means no more wait list either, new member sign-ups are by invitation-only, with a sample you receive from one of Exactly's vendor partners (such as Amazon).

They do state that on occasion there will be open enrollment, announced on social media. (Additionally we will open the membership up from time to time. Remember to follow us on social media to be the first to know.) But as of now, membership is closed unless you get the sample with the invite.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017